Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Won't That be a sight!!?? (Read 94 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Won't That be a sight!!??
11/29/22 at 10:57:42

Imagine, if you will, the day a semi truck load of EV batteries, being transported by an EV tractor, experiences the tractor batteries bursting into flames, igniting the freight.
How much damage is That going to do?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Won't That be a sight!!??
Reply #1 - 11/29/22 at 19:05:57

I wonder how long it will take those portable infernos to do as much damage as Deep Water Horizon, Exxon Valdez, Amoco Cadiz, Castillo de Bellver, Nowruz, Kolva River, Mingbulak, Atlantic Empress, or Ixtoc 1.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 11/29/22 at 19:58:11

Doesn't look too bad from here. A drunk on a ship. It got fixed up. The bean counters at ,was it BP? They wanted to keep their heavy mud,so they started pumping it out, replacing it with sea water. Even a rough neck with a year in the field knows better. It's my understanding that several people refused, were fired, until someone took the job and did the stupid things. And they had crap blow out preventing equipment.
The crap they sprayed was the screwup. But, hey,mismanagement of a crisis is where government excels.

Do we get to include the toxic crap of recycling and mining? Can we include All the trouble of The Green New Deal?
The windmills suck. Solar,Meh,, marginal,,
But, hey! They haven't done the damage that oil has. What a goofy point.
How MANY MILLIONS of barrels, how many Billion miles of transportation have we seen from oil?

And look at the miniscule part of transportation EVs represent and the troubles they have caused and the obvious trouble they are very likely to cause.

Weak sauce, E.
EV? Ohh,goody, a fire that won't put out. It's gotta burn out. Brilliant.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 11/29/22 at 20:59:59

"Do we get to include the toxic crap of recycling and mining? Can we include All the trouble of The Green New Deal?"

Yes.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 11/29/22 at 21:03:18

How MANY MILLIONS of barrels, how many Billion miles of transportation have we seen from oil?

And look at the miniscule part of transportation EVs represent and the troubles they have caused and the obvious trouble they are very likely to cause.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 11/29/22 at 21:10:53

I agree.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 11/29/22 at 22:04:27

I'm happy to hear that. That is frikken Cool

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 11/30/22 at 07:44:29

So you are saying its the rate of damage over time, not the amount of damage visible today right?

As in we look not only at the positive outcomes, Electric = less emissions = Good, but the rate of damage done to human infrastructure and lives over a given timeframe.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 11/30/22 at 10:09:31

Isn't that the reasonable way? Unless they figure out a safer battery, recyclable, the EVs have a serious limitation in how good they are as a desirable substitute for what we have.
I keep seeing pictures of Mines for materials for batteries, only to do some digging and Maybe that isn't Really what the words by the picture claim.. So, exactly how nasty and how many yards of dirt need moved to get the stuff for a battery? Will it require huge open mines? How much of the world are we going to have to dig up to make batteries so we protect the world? I'm not convinced this has been thought out.
I'm hoping I understood your question.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 12/01/22 at 08:51:07

What about complaints about Big Oil underground dealings and the many findings over the years of bribery and such?  Many cases exist where they paid out millions in judgements.  Should corrupt management decisions where they lie to line their pockets and damage others with product mismanagement, with the cooperation of Governments, be measured against the overall benefits of oil usage?

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Worlds-Largest-Oil-Traders-Caught-...

https://www.u4.no/topics/oil-gas-and-mining/basics

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 12/01/22 at 09:29:16

Well, that Is a good question. And I'm not sure how to answer that. Is that because of oil? Or management? If we can decide to throw something away because corruption has eroded its value to the point that it is no longer beneficial, can we start with government?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 12/01/22 at 11:07:05

I'd say it's because of management, but to simplify it, do the benefits outweigh the risk?  Bad decisions seem abound in any industry, thus Green energy will most likely have the same corruption, so is the logic you presented of looking at the billions of miles of transportation a strong argument in this case as well?

Just as looking at the benefits - billions of miles of transportation should be weighed against the level of damage oil spills, or bad management decisions, to the environment and human life. As you said, comparing oil spills is "Weak sauce," if you look at the overall percentage of damage.  Spilled oil accounts for a very small percentage of oil extruded and used.

Are sh!tty executives a good enough reason to reduce the benefits of oil to the general population since they used oil as the medium to obtain the illicit gains?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 12/01/22 at 12:33:33

If I'm tracking right, I'm going to have to say stick with petroleum and allow electric to grow into the market. Government mandated making gas vehicles taken off the market is wrong on every level. And is corrupt in itself.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 12/01/22 at 14:22:13

"If I'm tracking right, I'm going to have to say stick with petroleum and allow electric to grow into the market. Government mandated making gas vehicles taken off the market is wrong on every level. And is corrupt in itself."

I think its inevitable that electric will enter the market by consumer demand, as for Government mandate I don't really have an opinion on it right now.  There's going to be stupid ideas by Government but sometimes progress is hindered by private companies monopolizing competition and law needs to fight that - or we would be using typewriters and licking stamps to have this conversation today.

What I was trying to clarify is that my focus on oil spills is not a large enough percentage of risk compared to the useable amount of oil, even if   some of the Executive leaders manipulate for their own gain.  That appeared to be your assessment when you said:

"How MANY MILLIONS of barrels, how many Billion miles of transportation have we seen from oil?"

Would it make much sense for me, or anyone, to focus exclusively on the negative impacts of oil, like spills, and not compare those events to the positive value of MILLIONS of barrels and Billions of miles of usage?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 12/01/22 at 15:20:32

No. Compare the horror of a jetliner crash. Mucho carnage is often the result. But man miles traveled per fatality shows it's The safest travel.
The number of cars,gas powered, diesel, everything Not EV outnumber EVs ,the miles of non drama in petrol transportation ,I feel safe saying, are orders of magnitude better than EVs.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 21:23:25

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Won't That be a sight!!??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.