Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Howzit goin where you are? (Read 83 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Howzit goin where you are?
11/22/22 at 11:22:36

Not looking to analyze or blame, just wanting to see what the effects of How it Is are around the country and beyond. I'm in East Texas and we aren't seeing any noticeable changes in electric bills, but propane is up, not horribly, about forty five cents a gallon. Just paid two eighty five a gallon for almost four hundred gallons. How long that lasts will be determined by how dang Cold it gets. Looking pretty mild so far. My Weather Man is gone. That big dog was a great predictor for the coming season. If he shed hard in fall, cold winter. Shed hard in Spring, hot summer. He could lay motionless in the house, sleeping and when he got up it would look like a murder mystery, and there was the white line around the dead guy..

It's three bucks for gas, four fitty for diesel, a medium sized turkey, Honeysuckle, not Butterball, Buck a pound, prebrined, plenty to pick from.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Howzit goin where you are?
Reply #1 - 11/22/22 at 11:54:04

Eastern Oklahoma.
Gas just got back to $2.89 2 days ago at 1 station in the area, most are $3-$3.20;  before “Joe” it was $1.69.
My wife got 2 butterballs for $1.49 at Wallyworld 2 weeks ago; she paid $0.98 in 2020.  
Going out to eat costs 50% more than before.
Had to raise our household grocery budget by 20%.
Shipping costs are up substantially.  USPS medium flat rate box cost over $27 yesterday with insurance, while before Joe it was less than $20.
And on and on and on...

Thanks Joe.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 11/22/22 at 12:05:38

Yeah, Golden Corral was right at fifty bucks for me, the wife and the grandson. Tea is $2.95.. For a glass of TEA,, I drank water. The wife and I got the Geezer Discount, the food was a Solid mediocre.

You don't Hafta jack the food budget 20%. You Could just eat ten percent less and up the budget ten.. Right?

Ohh,I forgot the electric bill.

Month before last it was just over a hundred and last month it was about sixty five.
And last winter's cold snap didn't jack up the bill. Of Course we were out of power for about two days. Snotta problem. The generator runs on gas or propane and I have a wet line on one tank and refill my bottles.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 11/23/22 at 08:00:12

I'm guessing it's same old  same old where you are.

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #4 - 11/24/22 at 00:38:34

Probably same in much of the world, Inflation here 7 odd% Interest rates rising, god help you if you brought a house here in the last eighteen months as prices are dropping. For some youth the pleasurable pusuit is ram raiding what you call drug stores and us dairies and also shopping malls. Well I suppose we don't have  Walmart and school shootings, just a dairy worker stabbed to death, and a man murdered in a hit and run for no particular reason. Thankfully we aren't living in Ukraine.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 11/24/22 at 02:19:36

Do you buy gas by the liter?
We see roving bands of Yout cleaning out stores. Not where I live. More up around Chicago,,  They raise them right up there. Reports of people openly smoking crack on the subway in New York, but, is that because they can get away with it? Or is that because they Crack Heads and don't know where they are?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 11/24/22 at 05:00:29

In northern Kentucky/Cincinnati area gas is $3.89 a gallon, diesel is right around $5.00 a gallon.  If you drive an hour north or south the gas price is $0.40 a gallon less.

On my wife's last trip to Florida she observed that fuel in the middle of the states tends to be cheaper than the price near the edges of the state.

in addition to the higher costs - there still seems to be a supply problem in most areas.  My brother in law was looking to buy a new 8' wide mower for his tractor - he was told they did not have any and if they ordered him one it would likely be 6-8 months before it would arrive.

My little Pontiac Vibe has 198,000 miles on it and I was looking to order a 2023 Ford Bronco as my last vehicle to take me into my Geezer years (and to get a vehicle that can tow a larger trailer).  If you order you can buy at the MSRP and avoid the $10K-$15K extra surcharge that the dealers charge for the cars on the lot.  Ford was supposed to open the order line on October 15th and I went to the dealer to get it ordered and I expected it would take 6 months or more to arrive.  The order line has still not opened and reports are that Ford will spend all of 2023 filling orders that were made in 2022!

The wife and I are just doing the best we can to economize......not exactly the way I wanted to start my retirement and Social Security years.  Our camping trips have been at areas 200 miles or less from home, we only eat out once a week, we are limiting our shopping and driving a bit.  I fired up the outdoor wood furnace to keep our utility cost as low as possible......I have a good supply of seasoned wood this year and we will be able to burn wood all winter (I heat my house, garage and hot water with "repurposed trees"!  I have enough trees that die in the wood that I seldom have to cut live trees - although I do need to start thinning out the Locust trees that are trying to take over the fields and yard.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 11/24/22 at 08:05:32

Yeah, Dave,we get it. My wife is really ready to retire, but she's Not going to get a check every month except for social security. The hospital has become a brutal twelve hours. It's Gonna be tight when she hangs it up.

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #8 - 11/24/22 at 09:47:27

Yes JOG, we buy gas by the litre, about $NZ 2.50-2.70 per litre, Diesel is actually dearer than gas, probably due to Ukrainian war. Food prices are up, retailers are worried people won't spend at Black Friday sales.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #9 - 11/24/22 at 12:03:59

CA average price still over 5 bucks a gallon

Quit your whining

Happy Thanksgiving , Be kind and eat well

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 11/24/22 at 12:56:37

3.75 ish liters per gallon,That is over nine bucks American for a gallon. Sheeeitt! You might want to go dig some opals up.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #11 - 11/24/22 at 15:58:43

I just came home from a Thanksgiving lunch at my neighbors house.

A neighbor told me the paving companies are having trouble getting the limestone gravel to make asphalt paving.  Months ago I heard that there is a shortage of cement to make concrete.

We have several limestone mines in the area......why would there be a shortage?  I really don't see a large amount of construction going on that would create a high demand for limestone aggregate.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 11/24/22 at 17:04:50

You might get some answers if you made a few calls. Be interesting to know why a product mined just up the road is in short supply

IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #13 - 11/24/22 at 20:31:41

Gas just dropped 50c/litre, filled up at 1.69/l.
Also, snuck in 2 last rides first week of November, but my finger tips get numb and sore after an hour, anything below 50F becomes a no-no ! Freezing weather next week!
Cheers!  Cool
ps: tore the bike down again for another re-design!

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #14 - 11/25/22 at 01:31:16

What’s on the drawing board Zipi ?

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 02:51:39

General CategoryThe Cafe › Howzit goin where you are?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.