After School Satan Club (Read 37 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

After School Satan Club
11/22/22 at 09:36:19

https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/after-school-satan

So this program has had a few approvals into after-school programs due to the requirement that if one religious program is let in, all are.

Supreme Court Ruling:
https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/99-2036.ZO.html

I agree.  To be specific: agreeing that religious exclusionism should not exist, is not equal to being a Satanist.  This program as far as I can tell, is not teaching children to murder other sentient beings as sacrifices to a Deity.  

Inclusive.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: After School Satan Club
Reply #1 - 11/22/22 at 11:28:23

Yeah, it's the rule. Can't say no. Whether they are learning the best way to cut the heart out of a virgin or not is not all that matters. It's hard for me to imagine how it improves society, kinda like the Story Hour thing. I wonder what kinda artwork goes home to get stuck on the fridge. It'd be interesting to know what is being talked about. Hopefully it will fail due to lack of interest,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 11/22/22 at 13:35:54

Well people are confusing Church of Satan, the actual worship of Satan/Satanism with the Satanic Temple which doesn't believe in Satan at all.

Obviously a big part of that is these geniuses using Satan in their name.  

I however think that telling this group "No" is opening the door to telling any religion they are not allowed.  Then only one is allowed, then school is a church.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 11/22/22 at 15:01:05

I'm not confusing anything with anything else. I know I don't know hoot about anything established that has Satan in the name. I'm also not confusing this little after school club with Bible lessons. Considering all the insane crap in society right now I figure this is something I would not want my kid involved in. Story Hour at the library doesn't sound like anything that would be bad, but it is.  The After School Satan club doesn't exactly have a good ring to it. Maybe they are really just calling it that but what they are doing is looking around the neighborhood for the old, infirm and going and doing yardwork, and the ones who don't want to do that are going to visit old folks.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 11/22/22 at 15:25:43

It sounds to me like an after school science club with a touch of sarcasm to provoke the self righteous.
Looks like it worked.

Harmless

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #5 - 11/22/22 at 16:30:28

They claim they don't believe in Satan but they assert themselves as the only “true” arbiters of Satanism.............

Regardless, when does an organized group pass a threshold where their presence and influence is just to morally reprehensible?

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 11/22/22 at 16:40:13

"Regardless, when does an organized group pass a threshold where their presence and influence is just to morally reprehensible?"

In this case when morals are dependent on religion.

I think the intellectual components of this particular club is a bit too advanced for Elementary aged kids.  The sarcasm Serowbot indicated is most likely lost when the attending students are so young.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 11/22/22 at 18:21:21

Ohh to be so comfortable with your beliefs. To be able to declare Trump guilty, over and over, and yet he walks free, but he's guilty, and, with no evidence, Satan club is just harmless fun , labeled to wind up people who are not so trusting. Somehow We are
Self righteous..

having or characterized by a certainty, especially an unfounded one, that one is totally correct or morally superior

You mean like the
You either take the jab or suffer crowd?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 11/22/22 at 20:12:09

I don't know about any of that.  I'm sure we could bring Trump into anything.

What I do know is legally they are allowed to be in the same areas as other religions, and should be.

Its not required, parents have to sign them up, so if there is issue with attendance maybe the parents/guardians are the one's to deal with.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #9 - 11/24/22 at 16:50:56

I'm not certain that TST qualifies as a religion.  It is more of a philosophical view that promotes anarchism.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 11/24/22 at 17:12:47

Eegore wrote on 11/22/22 at 20:12:09:
 I don't know about any of that.  I'm sure we could bring Trump into anything.

What I do know is legally they are allowed to be in the same areas as other religions, and should be.

Its not required, parents have to sign them up, so if there is issue with attendance maybe the parents/guardians are the one's to deal with.

Ahh,look at you..
To be able to declare Trump guilty, over and over, and yet he walks free, but he's guilty, and, with no evidence,

It's Not About Trump, it's about how bot can so readily declare Trump bad,not only without evidence, but after he survived the attacks. Trump bad,says bot.
Satan club is not bad. Says bot.
Knowing absolutely nothing about what they are doing.

Color me skeptical. IDK what they are doing, but since the schools are a breeding ground of lefty insanity, I lean toward it being bad. It's NOT like they are studying the Bible. Or it would not be called Satan club. Schools are teaching anti white, pro tranny, so why would I think Satan club is innocuous?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 11/24/22 at 17:51:12

"Ahh,look at you..
To be able to declare Trump guilty, over and over, and yet he walks free, but he's guilty, and, with no evidence,
"

Ahh look at you, making up things I never said again.

Reference one time.  Just one.  Where I ever commented on Trump being guilty of anything.  

"Color me skeptical. IDK what they are doing, but since the schools are a breeding ground of lefty insanity, I lean toward it being bad. It's NOT like they are studying the Bible. Or it would not be called Satan club. Schools are teaching anti white, pro tranny, so why would I think Satan club is innocuous?"

Ok.  I still think it's legal according to US law for them to be there.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 11/24/22 at 18:13:50

Good Grief, are you kidding me?

How many times did I say
Bot?bot,bot ,bot..

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 11/24/22 at 18:14:36

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/22/22 at 18:21:21:
Ohh to be so comfortable with your beliefs. To be able to declare Trump guilty, over and over, and yet he walks free, but he's guilty, and, with no evidence, Satan club is just harmless fun , labeled to wind up people who are not so trusting. Somehow We are
Self righteous..

having or characterized by a certainty, especially an unfounded one, that one is totally correct or morally superior

You mean like the
You either take the jab or suffer crowd?

Read it

See what you replied to?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 11/24/22 at 18:37:22

"Read it

See what you replied to?"

It appeared to me that you were replying to me since you quoted my words.  I do see where I made the mistake.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 01:56:36

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › After School Satan Club

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.