Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Only took me 30 minutes to ….. (Read 131 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Only took me 30 minutes to …..
11/08/22 at 10:13:01

…….destroy Democracy. You think it would take longer.

Steve Schmidt will easily win the Senate seat from Missouri as a Republican replacing a former Republican. There was talk that this seat was in jeopardy but that was nonsense, it never was.

And my representative in the house will remain the same.

We had a constitutional amendment to legalize recreational marijuana which I voted against. I’m strongly against that.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Only took me 30 minutes to …..
Reply #1 - 11/08/22 at 10:30:08

Why are you strongly against recreational marijuana?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 11/08/22 at 13:07:38

Despite the fact my company makes a tremendous amount of money in that industry which positively impacts my paycheck, I know people will absolutely die in automobile accidents when hit by stoners. That’s an absolute fact. How many and where of course is impossible, but I know it will happen. We had a terrible accident in Missouri last year when a stoned driver crossed the median and killed two teenage girls on their way to a volleyball tournament.

There’s absolutely no reason to have recreational marijuana.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 11/08/22 at 13:35:06

I agree vehicular homicide will rise.

In CO we have had recreational marijuana for a decade now.  There is a calculable and measurable rise but, to me, it is considerably lower than I thought it would be.

Certain cities like Colorado Springs never approved it, while others allowed the State maximum dispensary license.  Colorado Springs does not have a lower percentage vehicular homicide/accident etc. percentage since recreational marijuana started.  There are variables like having the surrounding counties providing it, and the Army/Air Force bases.

The big argument is always DUI and alcohol impacts.  While it is true way more people die from alcohol related crimes percentage wise (drunk men beat their wives to death more than stoned men for instance, and alcohol is dispensed and consumed in bars where marijuana is purchase only) is it necessary to add another negative influence to the mix?  I'm not sure the alcohol is worse than marijuana is the best argument to make.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #4 - 11/08/22 at 14:41:07

'...  no reason to
have recreational marijuana ...'

Today, to get MJ at a legal dispensary,  (in a legal state/area) You must give your ID/DL/Etc. to that dispensary, who keeps that information.

You buy a gun, you fill out a 4473, on it, (a reason for DENYING ownership of a gun) it asks, "Are you a UN-Lawful user of Marijuana ..."

Guess what, when the BATFE and the dispensary's start talking to each other. If you bought a gun, and MJ, you WILL be arrested.

Because, it is ILLEGAL, in the Fed's eyes. And Guns are Fed.

In 2016, the feds even ADDED to the 4473,
including adding a warning statement that the use of marijuana is illegal under federal law, regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where the transferee/buyer resides.

And that boys and girls, is why the Fed Gov allows any State/Place to sell MJ.
It is simply leading to the, GREAT BIG, 'backdoor', Gun Confiscation.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 11/09/22 at 05:19:18

The problem with "GREAT BIG, 'backdoor', Gun Confiscation." is that it is logistically implausible.  Also Form 4473 is not required for all private sales/trades of firearms in the nation.  

People sit around all day longing saying how gun-control laws won't protect the public because people won't give up their guns, there are millions in circulation etc. but for some reason once they become entirely illegal all the sudden guns get taken away.

Every State that legalizes MJ makes it harder for the Feds to go kick in doors blowtorching safes and taking guns away.  Arresting millions of marihuana using gun owners would take way too much time and energy to ever be a feasible way of forcibly taking guns from the populace.

« Last Edit: 11/09/22 at 06:39:10 by Eegore »  
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 11/09/22 at 06:42:06

Eegore wrote on 11/09/22 at 05:19:18:
 The problem with "GREAT BIG, 'backdoor', Gun Confiscation." is that it is logistically implausible not to mention 4473 only applies to authorized/licensed gun sellers that sell a firearm to a buyer that declare using marijuana.  I as a private citizen am not obligated to use 4473.

I'm sure plenty of people who bought guns in states that are now MJ friendly don't even know that the rules on guns are affected by smoking weed. Some people may have moved and taken the gun they bought ten years ago with them.
Would that matter? IDK how it works. Does the government know about that gun purchase ten years ago? IDK. I've heard they aren't Supposed to keep the sales records after a certain time, but I'm not sure how it works.

People sit around all day longing saying how gun-control laws won't protect the public because people won't give up their guns, there are millions in circulation etc. but for some reason once they become entirely illegal all the sudden guns get taken away.

Naah, they just turn off your bank account until you turn them in. Or, park your truck.

Every State that legalizes MJ makes it harder for the Feds to go kick in doors blowtorching safes and taking guns away.  Arresting millions of marihuana using gun owners would take way too much time and energy to ever be a feasible way of forcibly taking guns from the populace.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #7 - 11/09/22 at 09:52:05

"... Form 4473 is not required for all private sales/trades of firearms in the nation...  

Incorrect.

California, Maryland, Oregon, Rhode Island
BAN ALL Private firearm transfers/sales.

Hawaii, Iowa, Michigan, North Carolina, Nebraska, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Illinois, New York,
BAN Private transfer/sales of handguns.

"...Arresting millions of marihuana using gun owners would take way too much time and energy to ever be a feasible way of forcibly taking guns from the populace.

Incorrect.

When you take a parking ticket, misdemeanor, custody/abuse/ect. to court.
You will SUDDENLY be charged with a Felony.
Simply because, (when the Fed & States talk to each other), it is found out you have purchased a Gun, AND MJ.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #8 - 11/09/22 at 10:18:05

"... Does the government know about that gun purchase ten years ago? ..."

YEP !!!!!

"...IDK. I've heard they aren't Supposed to keep the sales records after a certain time, but I'm not sure how it works...."

Used to be, when it was paper only, (4473), the form was filled out, kept with the dealer for 20 years, then years 21 could be destroyed.

If a FFL dealer closed business less than 20 years, the 4473's were sent to the BATFE, and they were to keep them, then destroy them after they were 20 years old.

Today, many 4473's are done electronically.
They are KEPT.
The ones on paper, are still kept on paper in the store for 20 years.
HOWEVER, the 'new' background check, (started 1998) ,which has to be called in on EVERY firearm, (NICS). Is KEPT by the FBI. They don't have the info of the 'particular' firearm, (that will be added when the BAFTE gets the 4473), the FBI just knows YOU have a GUN.

And of course, Today, if you are under 21, the background check, '... could last 2 weeks...' !

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 11/09/22 at 10:29:15

Incorrect.

California, Maryland, Oregon, Rhode Island
BAN ALL Private firearm transfers/sales.

Hawaii, Iowa, Michigan, North Carolina, Nebraska, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Illinois, New York,
BAN Private transfer/sales of handguns.

Yep.  And other locations like Texas?  I specifically said all firearm sales in the Nation.  When all 50 States require a form 4473 for all sales then every location and human in the Nation would require a form 4473.  

A decade ago we heard in CO how everyone with guns were going to lose them through this marijuana project.  The Feds were going to let it start then rush in and start throwing people in prison or make them surrender weapons etc.  Still waiting for that water to boil.   It's strategically unfeasible to use this method, and the more places that do it, the more resources are needed to enforce it.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #10 - 11/09/22 at 10:49:40

First we all know how you love to SPIN and DEFLECT !
      Facts are Facts.
SPIN and DEFLECT all you want.

Eegore wrote on 11/09/22 at 10:29:15:
"... A decade ago we heard in CO how everyone with guns were going to lose them through this marijuana project. ..."

When the FBI and the States talk to each other and compare/merge databases, it WILL happen.

That is not yet.
I am fingerprinted in a Minn County, in the State, and by FBI. Now by a AZ Corp.  

And NONE, will talk to each other !!!!

Yet !

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 11/09/22 at 12:43:42

Well this is a pretty big concern as long as we ignore the obvious.  This requires you own a firearm and use marijuana.

I for one have nothing to worry about so they will have to come up with some other reason to charge me with a felony when I go pay a parking ticket I also do not have.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #12 - 11/09/22 at 13:07:54

Why would anyone think that as long as someone is not going to be in the crosshairs there is no reason for them to care? I never worried about MY voice being censored on Twitter, because I'm not interested in using the platform. And I'm just certain that I have had criticism aimed at me for Not being concerned about someone Else suffering injustice, and I was called selfish. Yeah, the accuser was wrong.
Am I supposed to think you don't care about a situation because it doesn't apply Directly to you? We all live in America.. When America becomes less free,, well, I'm sure everyone can figure where that is going. .

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #13 - 11/09/22 at 13:27:26

Eegore wrote on 11/09/22 at 12:43:42:
"... big concern ..."

Yes, the temp of the water, S L O W L Y , rising.
     IS, 'a serious concern', !

Well unless, (as JOG said) you are not
"... concerned about someone Else suffering injustice ..."

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 11/09/22 at 14:06:51

Why would anyone think that as long as someone is not going to be in the crosshairs there is no reason for them to care? I never worried about MY voice being censored on Twitter, because I'm not interested in using the platform. And I'm just certain that I have had criticism aimed at me for Not being concerned about someone Else suffering injustice, and I was called selfish. Yeah, the accuser was wrong.
Am I supposed to think you don't care about a situation because it doesn't apply Directly to you? We all live in America.. When America becomes less free,, well, I'm sure everyone can figure where that is going.

I think there is a difference between having a requirement someone take a Federally illegal drug to be prosecuted and someone using Twitter and NOT being prosecuted.  Lets over look the obvious, people who do not use marijuana and own guns have nothing to worry about in this one of many gun control schemes that we are still waiting to happen.

If this were really happening and enforceable in some measurable capacity I might be onboard with some concern.  The point is this big gun grab requires victims use marijuana.  So there you go, the solution is in your hands.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 23:26:12

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Only took me 30 minutes to …..

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.