Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Howcumizzit we are running short of diesel? (Read 110 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Howcumizzit we are running short of diesel?
Reply #15 - 11/03/22 at 09:34:35

Nope,, Production WAS more than consumption, and that is the definition of independent. I didn't move the cursor at first,
We actually were producing more than what we were using, according to that graph.
And exporting more than importing.

Looks like energy independence was a real thing.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 11/03/22 at 10:05:08

"We actually were producing more than what we were using, according to that graph.
And exporting more than importing."

What graph are you looking at?

According to the one I posted here the Blue "Consumption" line is higher than the Orange "Production" line from 1957 to 2019.  Consumption was higher than production for 62 years.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #17 - 11/03/22 at 11:01:45

The link is posted on the bottom of the first page

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 11/03/22 at 11:15:07

That's the exact same one I posted.

https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/us-energy-facts/imports-and-exports.php

vs.

How are you coming to the conclusion that "Production WAS more than consumption" using that graph?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #19 - 11/03/22 at 12:53:47

I'm going with
It shows consumption less than production.

Click on the upper right hand tip of the graph lines.
Read what it says in the box.

Then drop down and click there.
It shows exports versus imports.
Some of the imports were brought in so they could be refined, then some of that was kept and some exported.
Net total shows
America WAS energy independent.

The first part of the article says

Since then, total energy net imports generally declined each year to a record low in 2021. The United States became a net total energy exporter in 2019 for the first time since 1952

Which just sounds to me like
America Was energy independent.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 11/03/22 at 13:24:36

I don't know, we must be seeing this completely the opposite.  The graph shows Blue is "Consumption" and Orange is "Production" and the Blue line is higher than the Orange one.  Blue = Consumption = Higher than Orange.

For instance if I select 2020 it shows we used 98.70 billion BTU's and produced 71.27.  That means we used more energy than we produced by 27.43 billion BTU's.  That is definitely more Consumption than Production.

In that same year we imported 28.87 billion BTU and exported 3.96.  That means we imported much more energy that we exported.

How is that energy independent?  We used more than we made or exported.

"Since then, total energy net imports generally declined each year to a record low in 2021. The United States became a net total energy exporter in 2019 for the first time since 1952"

I don't understand how this means we were energy independent.  That just means we brought in more that we put out from 1952 until 2019.

How do you interperet this? :

Up to the early 1950s, the United States produced most of the energy in consumed.1 Starting in the mid-1950s, the United States began to import greater amounts of energy, particularly crude oil and petroleum products (such as gasoline and distillate fuels) to fill the gap between energy consumption and production. U.S. total energy imports generally increased every year until peaking in 2007. Total energy imports subsequently declined in most years through 2021 as increases in U.S. energy production offset the need for imports and also contributed to increases in U.S. energy exports.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #21 - 11/03/22 at 15:14:28

Click on the graphics
It says in the box we produced more than we used
How do you interpret that to say the opposite?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 11/03/22 at 16:30:29

We must be looking at two different things.  I asked 19 people to look at the chart and not one saw it showing production being higher than consumption until 2019.  

Even the statement you quoted says we weren't exporting from 1952 to 2019.

"It says in the box we produced more than we used"

What does it say specifically.  Are you just looking at oil?

What I see is a line chart that has "Consumption" on a blue line and "Production" on an orange line.  From 1952 to 2019 the blue line is higher than the orange line.  That means we consumed more than we produced.  

This obviously wont work, so I will pull up other sources.  There is an outstanding amount of information that shows the US has not been producing more energy than it uses.

I really wish other people on here would look and tell us what they see.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #24 - 11/03/22 at 16:49:15

Hey,the POINT IS biden DESTROYED our energy sector.
We were doing Great, gas was affordable, high school grads were driving trucks and making Bank, You want to split hairs so you can derail the thread away from a totally Marxist, America hating fool doesn't get a downvote.
Screw biden.
If you don't see what it says, I'm not bothered. It's okay.
I don't care if you're right. We WERE a Lot Better Off, whether we were or weren't absolutely energy independent. Obiden screwed America. Full stop.
Can you even admit that?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 11/03/22 at 17:17:30

Here we go again.  At least we had a few posts talking like adults and not complaining about how I don't use the same words you use to describe things.

"You want to split hairs so you can derail the thread away from a totally Marxist, America hating fool doesn't get a downvote."

I could care less about that.  I am not emotionally connected to anyone's opinion of the POTUS.  I am trying to figure out what chart you are looking at that says consumption was lower than production.

I already said Biden's antics will reduce independence but your inability to have an adult conversation prohibits you from acknowledging it.

Don't you think proving your POINT would be better done with accurate information?  I see no reason to pretend inaccurate information is accurate.  Biden can be a disaster for the energy sector AND we can discuss energy independence like adults.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #26 - 11/03/22 at 17:35:02

already said Biden's antics will reduce independence but your inability to have an adult conversation prohibits you from acknowledging it.

Good

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 23:24:51

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Howcumizzit we are running short of diesel?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.