Send Topic Print
Future of social media (Read 557 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Future of social media
Reply #15 - 10/31/22 at 15:45:43

I can speak for St Louis and Missouri. The vast, vast majority of gun crimes are clustered in a few zip codes in St Louis and KC. Very large populations distort the statistics. Just got back from Boston for a wedding and went up into Maine. Boston metro area has 4 times the population as the entire state of Maine. You can’t make comparisons between the two, that’s ridiculous.

Look at the states on Sew’s list. They all have large rural areas with practically no gun deaths but are home to populated cities where crime occurs. Overall, they are not states with huge populations. That’s why gun control freaks use stats like this. They support am predetermined argument,  but they don’t illuminate much truth.

The poorest counties in Missouri have high gun ownership rates and little crime. It’s not necessarily the gun, it’s the culture.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #16 - 11/01/22 at 07:56:57

Serowbot wrote on 10/31/22 at 10:42:40:
"....cnn ... gun-violence-data ..."

Once you lay down, manipulate, use parts of, 'statistics', they are just like a lady of the night.

You can do anything you want with them !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #17 - 11/01/22 at 17:35:43

Back to the topic of the thread.  Why do you think Elon really bought Twitter?  I don't think it as to do with humanity.  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 11/02/22 at 03:57:55

pg wrote on 11/01/22 at 17:35:43:
Back to the topic of the thread.  Why do you think Elon really bought Twitter?  I don't think it as to do with humanity.  

Best regards,

I think he did it because the idea popped in his head, he said it out loud so followed through. It’s like us getting an idea to put a pool in the backyard. It sounded like a great idea at the time, but in 9 out of ten cases, we end up regretting that!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 11/02/22 at 06:56:37

The Not for the sake of Humanity suspicion is understandable.
So, Why? It's a Wait and See thing for me. There are some things About him that bug me, rumors, like involved in some globalist operation, young world leaders? Something along those lines.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #20 - 11/02/22 at 17:27:41

Well that didn't take long........

NAACP President Derrick Johnson met with Musk on Tuesday “to express our grave concerns with the dangerous, life-threatening hate and conspiracies that have proliferated on Twitter under his watch,” according to an NAACP statement.

Can I say it for you E?

Best regards,

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #21 - 11/02/22 at 17:29:28

The Not for the sake of Humanity suspicion is understandable.

Ahh shuckkkkssss, it is only 44 BILLION..........

Best regards,

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #22 - 11/07/22 at 11:27:23

Here is an interesting thought.  Now that Elon owns Twitter, he also owns all the communications, e-mails, and DM.  He will likely have a treasure trove of evidence regarding the suppression of conservative thought & speech up until and including government collusion.

Best regards,

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #23 - 11/07/22 at 14:25:56

Oooo! That sounds delicious..!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 11/07/22 at 15:14:27

Here is an interesting thought.  Now that Elon owns Twitter, he also owns all the communications, e-mails, and DM.  He will likely have a treasure trove of evidence regarding the suppression of conservative thought & speech up until and including government collusion.

Considering he hasn't taken even one step towards modifying the Twitter/Government intelligence interactions I would say I'm not going to hold my breath on a lot being done in that regard.

What people don't understand is all the information is already available,.  If I post on Twitter and they remove it, this doesn't mean it disappeared, it is just not on active Twitter.  I have multiple posts that were removed and still have a record of every one of them, so do the watchdog groups.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #25 - 11/08/22 at 03:32:52

I was thinking of internal communications, private direct messages, e-mails to and from executive personnel, so on.   I suspect some of these will be leaked and it will reflect the hostile environment to conservative affairs.
Nothing will come out of it, but it will serve as a confirmation of sorts.

Best regards,

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 11/08/22 at 05:19:44

I was thinking of internal communications, private direct messages, e-mails to and from executive personnel, so on.   I suspect some of these will be leaked and it will reflect the hostile environment to conservative affairs.
Nothing will come out of it, but it will serve as a confirmation of sorts.

I agree.  Twitter has not exactly been subtle about what they are removing from their system.  No matter what the data says people will always say their side is the victim anyway.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #27 - 11/08/22 at 10:23:15

You think lefties believe their voices have been censored? On Twitter?
If that is true then it certainly supports my belief that they are unreasonable.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 11/08/22 at 10:37:48

You think lefties believe their voices have been censored? On Twitter?

A ton of people that have their post(s) removed trend towards thinking it's only them, or only people in their category of though process combined with communication medium no matter what their political affiliation is.

The problem is that so many people don't realize that your online activity, unless you take steps to maintain it, is intentionally corralled into like-minded groups, search results and websites for ad revenue.  

What people typically don't do is analyze 3rd party metrics to see what Twitter actually removes.  Then when they are confronted with evidence that doesn't conform to their belief that came exclusively from anecdotal personal experience, they say the metrics are wrong.

Feelings are more reliable than millions of verifiable data points, unless you have no feelings about it in the first place.  Then it's just evidence.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #29 - 11/08/22 at 11:37:49

The only time I have ever tweeted was when I had gas and was trying to sneak one by.
I was Wishing for it to be censored.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 21:26:40

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Future of social media

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.