Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Future of social media (Read 557 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Future of social media
10/30/22 at 05:26:00

The twitter deal is done and Elon walked into the building with a kitchen sink.  Evidently, he is going to let many of the banned users back including Trump.  Dorsey is looking to launch a rival service and Kanye is buying Parler.  Pretty interesting stuff considering how powerful those entities have become.  How do you think it is going to play out?

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: Future of social media
Reply #1 - 10/30/22 at 12:56:57

My understanding is Twitter is going to use a similar model to Rumble.  It will be fun!!

Best regards,

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 10/30/22 at 15:14:26

Just what we need... a new home for more Right Wing conspiracy theories.
This is the misinformation that fed David DePape.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 10/30/22 at 17:59:08

Well Musk has a tight line to walk on considering ad revenue is over 85% of the income for Twitter, but many companies will want to distance themselves from what could be perceived as an ungoverned free-for-all.  This is why he immediately addressed one of the common misconceptions people have about his intentions.

Twitter obviously cannot become a free-for-all hellscape, where anything can be said with no consequences!

Anyone that has been following Musk would know he is not exactly intent on allowing anyone to say anything on Twitter, but instead wants to reduce the echo chamber.  The other guys always have the advantage and your side is always the victim it seems.  For instance Twitter is bad for banning Trump, but it's ok for Lindell to not allow Biden.  

So hopefully Musk can figure it out before Twitter falls off the fiscal cliff they seem to be moving towards.

In addition to adhering to the laws of the land, our platform must be warm and welcoming to all, where you can choose your desired experience according to your preferences, just as you can choose, for example, to see movies or play video games ranging from all ages to mature

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 10/31/22 at 04:07:57

Serowbot wrote on 10/30/22 at 15:14:26:

What misinformation fed Nicholas Roske?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 10/31/22 at 07:35:49

Muskie boy just had to moderate himself after posting a ridiculous Right-Wing conspiracy theory about the Pelosi attack.
Twits rejoice  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #6 - 10/31/22 at 08:01:33

Serowbot wrote on 10/31/22 at 07:35:49:
Muskie boy just had to moderate himself after posting a ridiculous Right-Wing conspiracy theory about the Pelosi attack.
Twits rejoice

Please provide a link to that in information.

All I could find is  Roske's 'threatening to kill Kavanaugh'.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 10/31/22 at 08:16:45

Serowbot wrote on 10/31/22 at 07:35:49:
Twits rejoice  Roll Eyes

He was responding to a ridiculous left-wing conspiracy theory Hillary Clinton was putting on her Twitter feed. She can do that with no fear she’ll be forced to take it down cause she’s on the same side as Pravda.

The truth is neither of them know what the hell happened but only one pulled down when he said while the other will leave her nonsense up. Her conspiracy BS will be celebrated however. And it will be celebrated as the truth when no one knows.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 10/31/22 at 09:18:45

Serowbot wrote on 10/30/22 at 15:14:26:

Plenty of room to offer the Other Side . The Official Stomping of Any idea that runs counter to Leftyville is over. Now you will have the opportunity to discover just how pervasive your position is. Just how many people agree with the Leftyville approach to making America what you people believe is right? You lefties have been lied to. The crushing of everything that runs counter to wokeness is only teaching people that wokeness and all things lefty are Very Popular. It's been a false environment. Now, people like me, maybe Even Me! Will be twitting,,tweeting, and Sayin stuff that people like you hate and would censor. Heads will explode.
I hope there are No bots, zero..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #9 - 10/31/22 at 09:25:25

Social Networks are really anti-social networks,... home of twits and Kardashians.
Less the better.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 10/31/22 at 09:57:10

Society is and has always been full of contention. Argumentative, people pushing Their ideas,trying to get their idea of what is good accepted. Diminishing the ideas of those they disagree with is just the nature of people. Remember how it was gonna be Blood in the Streets when they opened up restaurants with bars for concealed carry? Did you not argue against that? Social media, as it's called, is antisocial, and it's through rubbing different attitudes and ideas together and arguing the points that shape society. And we have seen that the Official position has been pushed while the Misinformation/Disinformation position has been censored. That is Not how things are meant to work and for a private company to work hand in hand with the government to suppress ideas is Wrong. Period. Full stop.  The problem lefties have is their track record of failed ideas, held onto, never admitting to having been wrong. Even after it's been made painfully obvious.
Here's Your Sign, which every gun toting murderer read and dropped his guns and went home, defeated, because the sign said it's illegal to have a gun here.
No Law will ever stop a criminal who has decided to That Thing that is illegal. A murderer knows murder is illegal before he decides to kill.
The ONLY way to stop a murderer intent on killing is to meet them with deadly force.
Making the intended victim able to protect themselves is the best way to accomplish that. Please note the stark difference between the places where the People are not restricted from their RIGHT to defend themselves versus the Utopias of Gun control.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 10/31/22 at 10:42:40

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/31/22 at 09:57:10:
Remember how it was gonna be Blood in the Streets when they opened up restaurants with bars for concealed carry? Did you not argue against that? ....
... Please note the stark difference between the places where the People are not restricted from their RIGHT to defend themselves versus the Utopias of Gun control.

States with the most gun violence share one trait
https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/26/politics/gun-violence-data-what-matters/index....
But there's one thing that is indisputable in the available data on gun violence -- and the data is limited since until recently the federal government was effectively barred from gathering it.
The indisputable fact is that where there are more guns, there are more gun deaths.

The top states by gun death rates are:

Mississippi -- 28.6.
   Louisiana -- 26.3.
   Wyoming -- 25.9.
   Missouri -- 23.9.
   Alabama -- 23.6.
   Alaska -- 23.5.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 10/31/22 at 11:23:12

I'm surprised. I don't understand how, with the constant news about Chicago, knowing they aren't The Worst, still, Illinois is pretty low on the list. I looked up 2017 stats, because my first thought was the reason for the current stats was possibly linked to business closings, lockdowns, people angry about being bankrupted by policy.

https://vpc.org/state-firearm-death-rates-ranked-by-rate-2017/

It's Not good. I don't understand the why,because I have not even had a reason to try to understand what I did not know was going on.

And None of this makes a Sign outside of a school in any way effective in stopping even one murderer.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #13 - 10/31/22 at 11:37:48

States with the most gun violence share one trait

Yes, the overwhelming majority of the same demographic is committing the crimes.  

Jackson, Mississippi -- 69 gun homicides per 100,000 people.
St. Louis -- 50.
New Orleans -- 48.
Memphis, Tennessee -- 47.

Best regards,

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 10/31/22 at 11:40:54

Huh..!!, And here I was thinking it was frikken Guns doing it. So, maybe Gun control isn't the answer.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 21:27:54

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Future of social media

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.