Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
I need some vigilantes - making a magic voodoo box (Read 147 times)
Yazman

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ohio
Re: I need some vigilantes - making a magic voodoo
Reply #15 - 11/02/22 at 06:53:06

UPDATE: I sent my engineering genius buddy schematics, parts list, board map (from anonymous source), and this is what he said:

There would be 2 catches due to the presence of a microcontroller.

1. It's old and consequently obsolete (not readily on the market). One could still find parts on aliexpress and ebay, apparently, but then the success of the whole system is gambled on getting a legitimate part (instead of some knockoff clone or fake):

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/filter/embedded/microcontrollers/685?s=N4...

2. Microcontrollers need to be programmed. Without software files, this would be a dead end.

2011 RYCA - 94mm flat top Wiseco, stage 3 cam, PWK38, open exhaust, UNI filter, 14/52 chain drive
  IP Logged
Scottwerty

It's not a Gang!
It's a Club!

Mass
Reply #16 - 11/02/22 at 07:04:44

There is a way! Need to get a chip reader. Like the ones used for arcade emulation!

IP Logged
Yazman

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ohio
Reply #17 - 11/02/22 at 07:29:39

I have hope! We can still figure something out.

Regarding why this lightning box is so complicated, I'm guessing it has to do with all the safety doo-dads feeding into it? In other words, the savage could have had a simple magnet on the flywheel and a magneto if not for all the safety stuff and allows the spark box to fire only if certain conditions are met.

I might be way off. But if the timing isn't variable (different advance or retardation depending on engine conditions), couldn't you theoretically just use the old magneto?

2011 RYCA - 94mm flat top Wiseco, stage 3 cam, PWK38, open exhaust, UNI filter, 14/52 chain drive
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 11/02/22 at 07:57:55

IDK how a mower does its thing. The rpm range, timing, I'm pretty sure, doesn't have an advance curve. I can see how to do the interlocks. And gates,nand gates, logic circuits. Shouldn't need a quarter acre of silicon to make it not start in gear with the stand down.
How to build an rpm responsive spark timing circuit?
The start place for knowing what is needed is to see exactly where the piston is when the crank magnet hits the pickup. If I was the guy who set where that moment happened I Think I would have it advanced, because a delay circuit is something I can understand, but asking a board to deliver a spark before the pulse is made doesn't sound possible.
At low rpm a longer delay would be necessary. As rpm increases, less delay equals advanced spark.
Starting to see how it is so complicated.
F'ing  electrons indeed..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #19 - 11/02/22 at 10:23:53

As far as I know, all the safeties are external and like a karen shuts the power off to the box if you don't comply.

The box gets signaled that the starter is active and retards the timing.

The box also gets signaled at 5 deg. btdc and uses that to calculate rpm to adjust the advance.

WWW   IP Logged
Yazman

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ohio
Reply #20 - 11/12/22 at 09:34:33

A potential clue fellas!

Screenshot_20221112-082354-944.png

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #21 - 11/12/22 at 09:55:15

WD, haven't seen that guy in a while..
Hopefully you can get your problem solved and a low buck repair for that would be great for everyone.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 16:28:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I need some vigilantes - making a magic voodoo box

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.