Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone go on racetracks? (Read 48 times)
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Anyone go on racetracks?
10/25/22 at 20:04:57

Any of you guys take your bikes to racetracks? I went once, had a blast. Would love to go again and again, but it's not a cheap form of entertainment for sure.

I'm wondering... what happens to racetracks during the winter, do they just sit empty and abandoned?  Cheesy

IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Re: Anyone go on racetracks?
Reply #1 - 10/25/22 at 23:18:08

Laguna Seca, maybe Sonoma, open the track to bicyclists etc.! I get invites all the time, and I live north of the border!
Cheers!  Cool

IP Logged
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 10/26/22 at 04:23:16

I was thinking more along the line of sneaking in onto the race track if it seats abandoned. Here in the NE I had NYST and NJMP in mind.  Grin

IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #3 - 10/26/22 at 08:04:45

If you snuck in an ran a motorcycle at a closed track, you would likely get arrested for trespassing just on the liability grounds, if nothing else.  West coast tracks usually host racing or open track days year around due to the weather being good year around.

Every twenty minute job is a stripped thread away from being a three day ordeal.

'87 LS650h Savage Street Tracker
'86 LS650g Savage (parts bike)
'81 Kawasaki KZ750e ELR tribute
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 10/26/22 at 12:01:29

"If you snuck in an ran a motorcycle at a closed track, you would likely get arrested for trespassing just on the liability grounds, if nothing else."

I agree.  Bottom line is you would be going unauthorized onto private property engaging in an activity they would otherwise charge you to do.  I can't imagine either of these businesses are ok with that and don't have some measures to deal with trespassing.  

I imagine you are aware you would be breaking the law, but not sure why you are asking us instead of just calling those places and seeing what they do during the winter, especially if you plan on committing a crime.  I would definitely want to speak to the source and not the guesses of people that aren't there.

NYST
917-615-5355
Email:victoria@nyst.com

NJMP
Phone : (856) 327-8000
Email : INFO@NJMP.COM

IP Logged
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 10/26/22 at 20:05:59

I am certainly not looking to get in trouble, was just looking to see if anyone on here had any experience with these racetracks during the winter. I was hoping to hear an answer along the line of - "These tracks sit empty and abandoned during the colder months, and nobody cares if you sneak in and have fun".

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 10/26/22 at 22:34:23

nobody cares if you sneak in and have fun".

IDK where you live, but around here you kinda have to get pushy just to get in to watch them change the oil in the car. They have insurance companies that demand they make you safe. The tracks have to be secured, like a swimming pool. It's called an attractive hazard. From Their point of view, everyone who doesn't have business being there is a liability.
I understand how you feel,, but you will find that ever elusive Free Lunch before you get a run through the corners of a track without signing waivers and probably paying them.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 10/27/22 at 04:57:32

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/26/22 at 22:34:23:
nobody cares if you sneak in and have fun".

IDK where you live, but around here you kinda have to get pushy just to get in to watch them change the oil in the car. They have insurance companies that demand they make you safe. The tracks have to be secured, like a swimming pool. It's called an attractive hazard. From Their point of view, everyone who doesn't have business being there is a liability.
I understand how you feel,, but you will find that ever elusive Free Lunch before you get a run through the corners of a track without signing waivers and probably paying them.

Thats kind of what I figured, they probably setup a bunch of barricades or whatnot.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 10/27/22 at 05:32:34

"These tracks sit empty and abandoned during the colder months, and nobody cares if you sneak in and have fun".

Somebody definitely cares.  I'd say the insurance/risk liability is the number one issue with any organization looking the other way.  NJMP won't even let people walk on the paint field to take pictures without a signed waiver.

NYST would be my choice since it's just out in the trees and has no other services.  

NJMP is a fenced and gated complex, so cutting fence or negotiating terrain to get in then claiming negligence to trespassing will be an issue.  Plus Millville Exec Airport is on the north side so it's not exactly out in the middle of nowhere.  Also there is a paintball facility that can schedule events 7 days a week and Gear Up airsoft runs on the weekends on adjoining property.  There is a lot going on to just sneak in at NJMP.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 23:35:01

General CategoryThe Cafe › Anyone go on racetracks?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.