Send Topic Print
Euro update (Read 30 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Euro update
10/21/22 at 05:58:57

@ Zev:

Can you give us an update on what the cost of energy is in Europe?  We see reports that the cost of energy increased 700-1200 percent in some places.  

Also, what are the reporting about the war in Ukraine?

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Euro update
Reply #1 - 10/22/22 at 05:25:43

I can weighed in on this a little bit as I work for an international manufacturing company. Yes, worldwide energy cost are up dramatically. But another serious blow to manufacturers who rely on global sourcing is worldwide shipping, mostly on the water but in the air as well. The situation with Russia and Ukraine has exacerbated the recovery from the Covid shut down.

It’s no different than McDonald’s but on a different scale. It’s still surprising to me that many McDonald’s are closed for inside dining after 7 o’clock. I saw this last night when we were coming back from someplace and I wanted to swing through Taco Bell. Drive-through only. I also needed a pair of pants the other night and went to the mall to Men’s Wearhouse, but it closed at 7.

There’s a fundamental shift occurring in the US economy and it sucks. I’m not sure just exactly why this is happening but we can’t find workers. Is it because there’s not enough young people anymore? I don’t know. Do we have too many people going to colleges? I don’t know. It’s likely accumulation of 1000 tiny needles making larger and larger cuts and we’re all experiencing it. I’ve been looking for another motorcycle (a small dual sport) and the one I want, a Yamaha XT 250, I can’t find one anywhere within 250 miles of me. There was one Yamaha TW 200 that popped up and it was gone in a day.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 10/22/22 at 06:56:35

You want to know where the young people are who should be working and your answer is in your post.

I’ve been looking for another motorcycle (a small dual sport) and the one I want, a Yamaha XT 250, I can’t find one anywhere within 250 miles of me. There was one Yamaha TW 200 th

Dude, they're out riding.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 10/23/22 at 04:50:57

If only that we’re so…..

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 10/23/22 at 06:29:08

They all died after getting the vaccination???????
I'm surprised you haven't put this together.  Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 23:31:30

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Euro update

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.