Are you a racist? (Read 24 times)
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Netherlands   Den Haag
Are you a racist?
10/20/22 at 10:34:21

Do what you know is right. (you can always use fear as a counselor later)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Are you a racist?
Reply #1 - 10/20/22 at 11:03:44

Yeah, but what you don't understand is the Mexicans just don't know Why they should be angry. Other, more enlightened people will have to be offended For them.
It's cultural appropriation to have Taco Tuesday's if you're a white guy.
But if you simply won't eat tacos, because you're a steak and potatoes kinda guy
Now you're a racist.

Ya can't win in such a screwed up butthurt hunting society.

Did anyone else notice how she called him ignorant? It's cultural appropriation because YOU don't know about the history of those things you're wearing.
If he had a history degree and his thesis was on the culture of Mexico and its people and customs, then it would Not be cultural appropriation.
I just enjoy the heck outta watching stuff like this. Programmed to believe something, spout all the right lines and walk away, morally superior. Like any other trained thing. No critical thinking, just agree with the talking points and Feel So RIGHT.
But the people whose Culture he has Appropriated had no problem with it.
IDK where in Mexico a getup like that would still be common. I've been in Mexico a few times and I don't remember seeing anyone dressed like that. Maybe a boy band?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #2 - 10/20/22 at 17:11:25

I've been to Mexico numerous times, no one wears that stuff.  I don't think they would take offence to it, maybe make some 'welo' comments.......

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 10/20/22 at 18:17:25

"Did anyone else notice how she called him ignorant? It's cultural appropriation because YOU don't know about the history of those things you're wearing.
If he had a history degree and his thesis was on the culture of Mexico and its people and customs, then it would Not be cultural appropriation.
"

That's what I was thinking.  How does she know where he's from and what he knows?

Reminds me of a Taekwondo school that got rid of the traditional uniform tops because people were "offended" that the students were appropriating "Korean" culture, but just by wearing the clothes.  However those jackets traditionally come from Okinawa, not Korea... so did the Koreans appropriate those uniforms first?  Of course nobody cared about all the other Korean stuff, like the language, and class structure.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 10/21/22 at 05:38:18

I pray some confronts me about culturally misappropriating the historical attire of 1980’s white, middle-class males.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/07/24 at 01:16:35

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Are you a racist?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.