Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
34.4% (Read 42 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
34.4%
10/09/22 at 16:52:43

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/massive-errors-fbi-undercounted-number-ar...

Data released by the nonprofit shows that 34.4% of active shootings were thwarted by armed citizens between 2014 and 2021. However, FBI data show only 4.4% of active shootings were thwarted by armed citizens during that time period.

All in, 360 active shooter incidents were identified by CPRC between 2014 and 2021, with 124 stopped by armed citizens. The FBI identified 252 active shooter incidents during the same time period, with only 11 thwarted by armed citizens.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: 34.4%
Reply #1 - 10/09/22 at 20:16:24

Errors, riiight

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 10/10/22 at 00:05:19

"Lott noted in a Real Clear Investigations piece in August that law enforcement departments do not compile active shooter reports to the FBI, and that the FBI largely relies on news reports."

So since law enforcement agencies do not report active shooter events, they are underreported by law enforcement, imagine that.

https://crimeresearch.org/2022/10/massive-errors-in-fbis-active-shooting-repo...

It's going to be worse next year as the revised reporting system was largely or totally unused by just over 40% of LEO agencies in the US.  

The bottom line is most active shooters are stopped by the shooter.
Suicide or just stopping for whatever reason.  Now would I prefer to let an active shooter decide when it's time to stop murdering people, or would I rather decide when it's time for them to stop murdering people?

Would I rather local law enforcement decide once they arrive?  Or have a degree of control over it myself?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 10/10/22 at 05:08:19

You would, of Course, rather be able to defend yourself. That is YOU. Seems to be plenty of people who would rather hope to survive long enough for cops to show up. Then, maybe, if there is no school involved, maybe they will march right on in.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 10/10/22 at 11:08:45

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/crime-prevention-research-center/
Overall, we rate the Crime Prevention Research Center Right Biased based on strongly advocating for guns and the conservative agenda. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting based on a few failed fact checks.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 10/10/22 at 12:28:28

Serowbot wrote on 10/10/22 at 11:08:45:
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/crime-prevention-research-center/
Overall, we rate the Crime Prevention Research Center Right Biased based on strongly advocating for guns and the conservative agenda. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting based on a few failed fact checks.

This quote applies perfectly to popular fact check sites. Media Bias Fact Check is the antithesis of groupthink.

The problem with deferring to a class of experts is that there are only a handful of outliers in any field; the vast majority are mediocre and suffer from groupthink. Invariably, when you are told to defer to experts, it means the mediocre middle, not the true standouts.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 10/10/22 at 12:47:38

tRump walks into a bar... Eisenstein, Newton, Hawking, Bohr, Feynman, and Galileo are discussing quantum entanglements...
But being relative equals, they are mediocre and are suffering from groupthink.
Thank God tRump is there to set them straight.

Really?... You think when you gather great minds together they become stupid because they tend to agree?
I guess we can throw consensus and peer review out the window.
Follow the lone nutcase.  He's a free thinker.

THE WORLD IS FLAT!
It must be true because I'm the only one that thinks so!

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 10/10/22 at 13:01:13

I fear TDS is your version of Alzheimer’s. Your brain is literally unable to function as before. 24/7 Trump is not healthy for you.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #8 - 10/10/22 at 13:18:14

Serowbot wrote on 10/10/22 at 12:47:38:
"...  You think when you gather great minds together they become stupid because they tend to agree? ..."

'REALLY' ???

You REALLY believe the 'Anti-Freedom' people, which the vast majority have a big problem knowing or understanding ANYTHING, that is not on their, 'phone',  and that, 'someone', has TOLD them what to say, Are the equivalent of Eisenstein, Newton, Hawking, Bohr, Feynman, Galileo, etc. ???

REALLY ???????

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 15:36:16

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › 34.4%

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.