Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Here is your score..... (Read 48 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Here is your score.....
10/03/22 at 14:04:24

The Federal Reserve has taken a major step in the direction of facilitating an ESG compliant monetary network that effectively acts as a parallel system to that of the Chinese Communist Party’s infamous social credit scoring system.

https://www.federalreserve.gov/newsevents/pressreleases/other20220929a.htm

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Here is your score.....
Reply #1 - 10/03/22 at 22:43:05

How is it parallel?

I've seen people say this, but nobody is offering an actual comparative component that I have seen.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #2 - 10/04/22 at 00:40:27

This offers some insight,

https://www.spglobal.com/ratings/en/research-insights/special-reports/esg-in-...

ESG factors play a prominent role in creditworthiness, they can – and do – influence credit quality, specifically, the capacity and willingness of borrowers to meet financial commitments. They have always played a prominent role in creditworthiness and, thus, in our credit ratings – even before the term ESG was coined more than a decade ago.

Our ESG credit indicators provide additional disclosure and transparency at the entity level and reflect our opinion of the influence that environmental, social, and governance factors have on our credit rating analysis.

https://disclosure.spglobal.com/ratings/en/regulatory/article/-/view/sourceId/12

It certainly appears your ability to access and utilize financial resources will be greatly affected by quantifiable political factors.

Best regards,

« Last Edit: 10/04/22 at 06:07:42 by pg »  

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 10/04/22 at 09:06:33

I am aware of how ESG works, for a handful of organizations, however I don't typically keep up too much as I do not use credit as debt.

Looking at China's method of using a human identifier and social class structure based off history and ESG does not, how are they parallel?  I see the word "social" being used, but not being evaluated in the same ways.  

For instance I have been hearing this "Social Capital" issue as a replication of the Chinese social scoring system except they are two different things.  "Social Score" in ESG is: Social capital, including consumer and citizen relationship issues, such as mis-selling of products linked to environmental and social factors, as well as socioeconomic and demographic issues.

In China they can monitor how much one plays video games as part of that "Social" score and ESG doesn't even have a single parameter for obtaining or using that type of data.

The current referenced source is about "resilience of financial institutions is assessed under different hypothetical climate scenarios"

I think anyone can find a way to tie any two financial strategies together.  In 7 steps they can tie it to Kevin Bacon, and typically in less than three they can tie it to Hitler and Nazi Germany.

So far the only people I know that think these financial methods are the same have had no business relations with China but my data pool is only about 70-80 people.  I might at most know 100 total that regularly work in China.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 10/04/22 at 09:18:26

I'm way behind the curve on this. IDK what to believe. So far, as for what to expect, if there is a way to minimize the people, someone will. When? Phhht,, might not be around for that.

Hey,E, I saw something about Kevin Bacon a week or so ago. I thought it was some kind of joke, clicked the article. Did not last long enough to get much out of it. Apparently some crazy guy killed a guy named Kevin Bacon and cannibalized his testicles.
If that was bullshit, fine. I dang sure wasn't going any further.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 10/04/22 at 11:20:22

Mark Latunski killed a man named Kevin bacon and cannibalized him.  Obviously not the actor Kevin Bacon who can be connected to almost anything through 7 iterations.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 10/04/22 at 12:35:41

Was he expecting pork?

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #7 - 10/04/22 at 18:25:19

Both systems primarily focuses on the financial trustworthiness of individual citizens while regulating social behavior.  

Best regards

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 10/04/22 at 19:20:27

I am unclear how this program to run scenarios where  "the resilience of financial institutions is assessed under different hypothetical climate scenarios"  is regulating social behavior.

A credit score is your ability to dance with somebody else's money at a cost to you so I'd recommend people concern themselves with having less debt and not how to better manage it in the future anyway.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 10/05/22 at 13:43:15

Excellent advice. Please forward that to the people sending BILLYUNZ to Ukraine.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 05:36:17

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Here is your score.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.