ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Oldfeller
Reply #16 - 12/20/22 at 07:08:12

Let's see ......

Made me up a magnetic drain plug for my Predator 6500 generator and I have completed my two part initial run in period on the virgin Harbor Freight generator engine.

My 1" long Super Magnet did collect a very fine fuzz of piston ring to cylinder wall style of very minute ferrous particles, so the magnet is working just fine cleaning up the crap out of that one quart of oil that it has to work with.

Got me 10 gallons of stabilized E10 gasoline and got the Rotella oil (dino oil) break in period all done now followed by a crankcase load of Rot full synthetic high temp oil so now I am good for the next disaster or next extreme bout of human stupidity to take place.

Cheesy

« Last Edit: 12/24/22 at 11:03:21 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #17 - 12/20/22 at 21:05:03

That sounds like a good idea to set up a "FUSS" collection point !   I'm picturing drill a hole in the middle of the drain plug to be a press fit for a round bar magnet.    Maybe 2-drops of JB-Weld in the bottom of the hole ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 12/21/22 at 12:50:20

Just a bar magnet sounds okay, but the new magnets,like in a hard drive, those things Pull.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #19 - 12/24/22 at 10:55:54

Drilled hole in the end is made intentionally slightly OS and I use a thick coat of a softer non filled epoxy (machinable hard epoxy is never used) to make up the connection itself.  

JB Weld is too hard for this job as it can make a vibrational break off point as is is steel filled and JB Weld is actually very hard stuff when fully cured.

I learned the hard way that super magnets are brittle as glass, so there aren't any steel on steel press fits and there are no sharp hard mounting edges involved anywhere.  

Nor any form of soldering action, as any level of heat beyond boiling cuts down on the magnetic force available in the super magnet.

SOFT Epoxy coating welling out of the drilled hole and going a bit up on to the magnet shaft is good for a tapering vibrational re-enforcement ----- having the exposed magnet breaking off inside the motor would be a very bad thing.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #20 - 12/24/22 at 14:05:11

JOG , Those hard drive magnet/rare earth magnet do have some pull . I have 2 stacked under the frame under the engine for making stop light sensor see my bike like a car. But not all sensors are magnetic , but most are. Works quite well.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #21 - 12/24/22 at 15:42:44

I was thinking of the 1/4" stick magnet just stuck in a drilled hole.
But
It really needs to not to get loose in the crankcase.

So
That clear type - two part stuffs seems a little on the lame side to hold anything inside a hot crank case.  

So where does the super Epoxy come from ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #22 - 12/24/22 at 18:15:25

Ruttly wrote on 12/24/22 at 14:05:11:
JOG , Those hard drive magnet/rare earth magnet do have some pull . I have 2 stacked under the frame under the engine for making stop light sensor see my bike like a car. But not all sensors are magnetic , but most are. Works quite well.

Yeah, I've seen them break into chunks and dust. But they drag metal around until they geaux tew Schitt

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #23 - 12/25/22 at 05:56:14

I use a softer epoxy that is intended to glue plastic to plastic.   It sticks to most stuff really well and it does not get super hard when it cures.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #24 - 12/25/22 at 06:10:48

Merry Christmas OldFeller !  Smiley

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #25 - 01/06/23 at 05:02:03

Happy New Year right back at you,  MM.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #26 - 01/06/23 at 10:40:04

Oldfeller, you still going to post on Linux v Windows, and Dr Andrea Rossi? I see a university in the US has done cold fusion, but the academics say practical application is 15 years away.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #27 - 01/07/23 at 13:06:09

JC,

What do I still find worth following?

Intel vs AMD  they are both still struggling against each other in the post covid marketplace, but Intel processors still take twice the power to "claim" to do the same job.   Intel has lots of inflated claims and lots of big-little cores and lots of funny "energy management" softwares built right into MS Windows 11 to organize all those power hungry Intel big-little cores .......

Clarifying this, CES analysts are carefully stepping down the processors from both companies down through their power levels --- judging how gracefully each one steps down their power consumption tells the tale of how well they will do in a laptop.

Laptops are the major format out there now with desktops only being used as big powerful gaming rigs now a days.

Intel still pulls twice the power of AMD at any "max speed" usage and 1.8 times the power of AMD at any matching level as it steps down through its various layers of cores.   Running a room heater that sits on your lap at full power still scorches your pants, in other words.

Chromebooks are still taking over more business uses, having completed the job in education.   Apple is still Apple, with the same devoted crew of Apple users.

==================================

https://e-catworld.com/2023/01/06/rossi-patent-application-electric-energy-gener
ator-and-electric-energy-generation-method/

Rossi has his small "endless power making stuff" working now with no start up connection to outside electrical grid power being required any longer.  Rossi is now seems to be setting himself up as a battery powered vehicle trickle charging source, or as a way to remotely power LED grow lights.  

Rossi produced power is still extremely trashy and must be separated from common electronics by a sizeable battery set to absorb and buffer the input noise from the Rossi reactor.

Rossi no longer characterizes his E-Cat stuff as "cold fusion" or any other form of nuclear anything.   "Zero point energy" seems to be as close as anything for a correct label descriptor for Rossi's current stuff.

10 watts (10 one watt units) is still the highest output from any of the current Rossi devices.

Rossi still hasn't sold anything to anybody yet.   He has parked units several times with 1-2 trusted end users, but he always takes the stuff back after a given time under very tight non-disclosure agreements.

The new James Webb telescope has already invalidated the Big Bang expanding universe that is 13.4 billion years old theory.   The James Webb telescope can see much much further than Hubble ever could and James Webb has looked out well past 16 billion years back in time and simply found a universe slam full of galaxies of various ages.   Astronomers are still working on new theories to match up with the new information.

Linux is still my OS of choice and I still run the same old leftover Dell boxes for my personal computing use.   Sit down PC stuff takes up less and less of my usage time and I get most of my computing bang now off a cell phone and an 8" Amazon tablet.   But I still have a 4 core Dell box running Windows 10 (for my wife) that isn't as fast as my oldest dual core Dell box running version 21.1 of Linus Mint Mate.

My eyesight is really going to shite so my shooting stuff is practically done now.   I finally got my crop of converted 30 round .223 plastic magazines to all work with 350 Legend rounds and I loaded up all my brass.

Cheesy      Cheesy

« Last Edit: 01/08/23 at 12:08:22 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #28 - 01/07/23 at 14:14:06

jcstokes wrote on 01/06/23 at 10:40:04:
Oldfeller, you still going to post on Linux v Windows, and Dr Andrea Rossi? I see a university in the US has done cold fusion, but the academics say practical application is 15 years away.

I think that the stuff reported at the University was multi laser driven focused confinement against a small deuterium fuel pellet style hot fusion, not cold fusion.

« Last Edit: 01/08/23 at 11:45:49 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 19:10:23

General CategoryThe Cafe › Oldfeller

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.