Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
There is no climate emergency (Read 27 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

There is no climate emergency
09/21/22 at 04:35:49

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: There is no climate emergency
Reply #1 - 09/21/22 at 05:38:12

I think the sentiment makes sense but this approach is poor.  But I expect nothing less from Berkhout, who owns this group and has worked for oil and gas companies for years through his seismic research group.  Again the idea is fine, but really this is just a way to help people feel as if they are doing something.

Anyone can make statements, without any reference, and toss in just over a thousand names, and make a petition.  There are hundreds of thousands of names on a petition to change the blue color to red on Optimus Prime in the live action transformers movies.  

The wording is good, the implementation is hardly worth supporting.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 09/21/22 at 07:09:33

The point is, there is no climate emergency. Anybody with a brain understands that.

As I’ve said before, nobody on here can point to a specific difference in their entire life that they’ve noticed because of the man-made contribution to climate change. Nobody on here can do that. I know you posted info about farming, but there’s no way to determine the ratio, if any exists, between natural climate variance and variance due man-made activities.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 09/21/22 at 07:38:33

It's not really happening... but if it is happening, we aren't the cause... but if we are the cause, there's nothing we can do about it.
... but if it is really happening, and we are the cause, and there is something we can do about it... I just don't want to.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 09/21/22 at 08:46:47

Way to mischaracterize everything.
Of Course it's changing
And how foolish would it be to pretend that with everything human beings do, we have no impact on it at all.
No, here's the deal. CO2 is natural. It's also been found in higher concentrations in our history. The climate has been warmer. They can't grow grapes as far north now as they used to.
Green houses pump co2 in. The earth has more green cover now than any time in our life. You have been lied to.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 09/21/22 at 09:36:40

Serowbot wrote on 09/21/22 at 07:38:33:
It's not really happening... but if it is happening, we aren't the cause... but if we are the cause, there's nothing we can do about it.
... but if it is really happening, and we are the cause, and there is something we can do about it... I just don't want to.

Other than you, not sure who thinks that.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 09/21/22 at 09:42:51

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/21/22 at 08:46:47:
Way to mischaracterize everything.
Of Course it's changing
And how foolish would it be to pretend that with everything human beings do, we have no impact on it at all.
No, here's the deal. CO2 is natural. It's also been found in higher concentrations in our history. The climate has been warmer. They can't grow grapes as far north now as they used to.
Green houses pump co2 in. The earth has more green cover now than any time in our life. You have been lied to.

Actually, I think there are a few people that flat out lie about it but 99% genuinely believe the data that they’ve interpreted (or others have interpreted for them) tells a particular story. And much like responses to the pandemic like wearing mask outside etc., it’s turned into an indication of left versus right. There are some people that you can never convince that letting Home Depot stay open but shutting down a small hardware store was the proper way to prevent Covid from spreading. Or the dude I saw wearing a mask made out of an old concert T-shirt while sporting a ZZ Top style a beard…..

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 01:35:36

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › There is no climate emergency

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.