Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What shade of Green is this? (Read 65 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
What shade of Green is this?
09/18/22 at 10:59:26

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: What shade of Green is this?
Reply #1 - 09/18/22 at 11:09:41

Now imagine them radioactive

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 09/18/22 at 11:52:17

How long till that is usable land? What will leach out, into the water that percolates through? How long until they discovered this is a bad idea?
At least nuclear waste is known to be dangerous. If you have been reading the things I say, I'm not a nuke supporter. I'm all in with natural gas, coal, stuff that works and doesn't go all Fukushima on us. Nothing is perfect, but the alleged Green stuff is not even up to the job. The investment, energy, not dollars, energy to build, maintain, connect to the grid, put out the fires, deice the blades, it's a screwup, a fantasy, and eyesores, GodAwful eyesores. Wanna know what else is stupid?
Raising a crop to make alcohol. The water, fuel,energy to cook it, and we Lose all those acres that could be used for food crops.
More lefty genius.

You ever take the time to look at the mining operations where they get the stuff for the magnets they use? You have any idea how much oil they use?

Right now, the average wind farm contains about 150 turbines. Each wind turbine needs 80 gallons of oil as a lubricant, and we’re not talking about vegetable oil, this is a PAO synthetic oil based on crude. 12,000 gallons of it for 150 turbines, and that oil needs to be replaced once a year.
Windmill Facts - Hunt For Liberty
huntforliberty.com/windmill-facts/
huntforliberty.com/windmill-facts/

It's Not worth it. The efforts to develop these monstrosities ,if they had spent that time and money on developing better scrubbers for the coal plant, well, yeehaa.

I think an honest analysis of the requirements in energy, natural resources that require moving tons of dirt to get enough ore to make the batteries, and you wanna talk about how Oil is gonna run out? How many years of the rare earth minerals are there? And, if you look at the mining operations it takes, it's Not like coal. The huge open pit mining operations for those precious green batteries? Really? It's like every other lefty answer. Disaster .
Everything operating under lefty control sux. You can find an outlier, occasionally, I guess. I'm sure you can name a Blue city that is still liveable.
And the Same People who scream at employers, demanding they pay a living wage
Support that SpongeBrainShitPants while he sends BILLIONS to the Ukrainians
Aaand tells Our Military to get on food stamps.

Of Course I respect the left. Why would I not?
Hell, I was really impressed when Obama, king of the immigrants and supporter of safe places for immigrants opened his estate to them.
Ohh,wait, that didn't happen.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 09/18/22 at 13:28:08

Glad to see your side concerned about the environment...
To bad it's only windmill propellers.

I guess we take care of those and everything's perfect?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 09/18/22 at 13:44:20

Would have Sworn I said
Nothing is perfect..
I'm pretty sure I was pretty hard on several things.

You don't Want to defend them, I don't blame you. Like Biden telling our military to get on food stamps. Hard to defend that. Seeing as how he's The Head of the
Pay People a Living Wage bunch.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 09/18/22 at 15:33:14

Well, anything that turns needs lube,... so I suppose that goes for any power generation.
They don't burn it.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 09/19/22 at 01:50:47

To be fair "Biden" never said to use SNAP (food stamps) to combat inflation, Michael Grinston did.

As for the windmills JoG is correct when you look at the output a wind turbine has in it's useable lifetime compared to other more traditional energies.  I currently am trying to figure out the best way to dismantle and dispose of a section of solar paneling on my property.  The interior of the panels are toxic and should not be in a standard landfill.  

I got a lot less power in their lifetime that I would have using energy on the grid.  But on the other end, I prefer to use solar to generate backup power, then primary power.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 09/19/22 at 05:07:24

Many modern windmill blades are made with carbon fiber which is generally made from a polymer and requires a tremendous amount of heat to produce. It would be interesting to figure out how many windmills it would take to produce the energy required to produce a windmill? And sure, you could do that calculation for any energy source and thermodynamics tells us the number will never be on the plus side (and in fact can never even reach equilibrium) but those energy sources weren’t built around the fairytale of renewable.

We have no long term, I’m talking hundreds of years into the future, energy supply without nuclear. It doesn’t matter what we do now with these temporary band aids we call renewables, we will power the planet with nuclear one day so we should get started now.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 09/19/22 at 06:48:13

Great idea! If windmills are so good,run windmill manufacturers off of them.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 09/19/22 at 07:25:26

fair "Biden" never said to use SNAP (food stamps) to combat inflation, Michael Grinston did.

Arrite, thanks.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #10 - 09/19/22 at 07:43:14

I can't find it again,... but I saw a new system of wind collection that uses flat panels with rows of turbines to collect wind, said to be more efficient.
Point is, it's an evolving technology.
We'll get past the problems.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 09/19/22 at 08:54:09

We’ll get past the nuclear problems too and we’ll have virtually an endless supply of clean energy.

IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Netherlands   Den Haag
Reply #12 - 09/19/22 at 09:51:27

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/18/22 at 10:59:26:

Why don't they use it for the wall?  

Sometimes I'm impressed by my own ideas....Cool

Do what you know is right. (you can always use fear as a counselor later)
  IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Netherlands   Den Haag
Reply #13 - 09/19/22 at 09:56:56

WebsterMark wrote on 09/19/22 at 08:54:09:
We’ll get past the nuclear problems too and we’ll have virtually an endless supply of clean energy.

https://www.usip.org/publications/2022/08/russias-new-nuclear-threat-power-pl...

Do what you know is right. (you can always use fear as a counselor later)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 09/20/22 at 04:33:48

Here, this guy said it perfectly.

The right path forward would increase oil and natural gas production in the short and medium terms, and increase nuclear production in the medium to long terms. The U.S. government is, by extending and expanding heavy subsidies for renewables, expanding control over energy markets, but without a clear vision for the role of oil, gas, and nuclear.

We should seek a significant expansion of natural gas and oil production, pipelines, and refineries to provide greater energy security for ourselves, and to produce in sufficient quantities for our allies. We should seek a significant expansion of nuclear power to increase energy abundance and security, produce hydrogen, and one day phase out the use of all fossil fuels. While the latter shouldn’t be our main focus, particularly now, radical decarbonization can and should be a medium- to long-term objective within the context of creating abundant, secure, and low-cost energy supplies to power our remarkable nation and civilization.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/07/24 at 01:23:13

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › What shade of Green is this?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.