Gonna put it here (Read 30 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Gonna put it here
09/14/22 at 11:44:18

If it shouldn't be here, it can move.

Regarding making electricity, there is a technology that I wonder about. There are places where it's Really Hot down there. Drilling a deep well in west Texas we went through Indian Hot Springs. We wrapped a big thermometer in burlap and pumped it down. We did that several times before we pulled the pipe to put a new drill bit on. The temperatures we saw on the couple that we got back unbroken, or were they just in a particularly hot spot and exploded? Anyway, that was almost forty years ago and I don't remember just how hot it was, but it was well past eight thousand feet before we hit it, IIRC. The pipe was, of course, coming up from a fluid filled hole. Once we got to the pipe that was deep enough to have gone through that hot zone it would be standing on the rig floor and be steaming and dry in minutes. It was cold, winter time, night time, and we would run to lean on it till it was time to break another connection, the point to all of this is

Could we be missing out on a really great, pretty much free, energy source? The heat is free, the drilling isn't, but once that is done, it seems like pretty much a dammo gravy train.
I know hydrothermal is being used some, but I'm asking you sciency smart guys what you think.
I know not everyone here hits the tall table, so I put this here.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Gonna put it here
Reply #1 - 09/15/22 at 05:10:24

Electricity from Hell, nice.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 09/15/22 at 07:03:03

If water was down there and you didn't have steam shooting up out of the hole, sounds like some low grade heat and that wouldn't have excited anyone to use it.  Not that it couldn't be used, just takes more machinery.  Could've powered a Stirling cycle engine.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 09/15/22 at 14:12:16

You Can't allow fluids out of the hole. It's Loads of hot water. Indian Hot Springs was a tourist destination years ago.
The fluids in the hole, for drilling, is kept at a weight sufficient to keep gasses from infiltrating the well bore. Weight and viscosity are managed by mixing dolomite  ,IIRC, clay and other things so down hole pressures don't unload the well bore,that is a blowout. Not a good day.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 08:44:08

General CategoryThe Cafe › Gonna put it here

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.