Send Topic Print
Just what America needs (Read 24 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Just what America needs
09/14/22 at 09:14:23

I'm hearing rumors about a possible railroad strike. IDK much, no IDK anything about how imminent it is, why they are unhappy, zip.. If something is going on, wouldn't our Transportation Secretary be working with, ohh,IDK, maybe talking to the workers and the rail roads and trying to head it off? Would he be doing that and not make it public, that he Is out there, doing his job?
Maybe Pete has been on the news. I could certainly miss that.
Anyone know anything about what is happening and what is being done to try to keep it from shutting down More of the vital transportation from ports to the store?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Re: Just what America needs
Reply #1 - 09/14/22 at 10:13:19

Don't worry about it JOG.

Don't you remember when Biden told the guys at the Mack Factroy that he used to drive an semi?

Ole Joe will just fire up his Kenworth and take up the slack if the trains stop running.

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-claim-drove-18-wheeler-truck-provokes-skep...

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 09/14/22 at 10:22:01

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 09/14/22 at 11:08:32

The radio news just told me about it. There are ten or twelve unions involved, the Machinists Union is not accepting the proposed solution. I don't trust my memory to get the numbers right, but I'm Thinking out of twelve, ten are willing to accept the proposal, the Machinists, and another, they didn't name, still unhappy.
Well, whoever is working to avert this, I'm sure hoping they get it done. America doesn't need a new problem.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 09/14/22 at 11:21:32

I saw your post and went ahead with what I meant to do,, so now, your post.

The railroads, for their part, “have no plans to lock out workers Friday should negotiations not be successfully completed,” the Association of American Railroads told CNBC.
Good news, but will railroad workers who support the strike make it hard on those who choose to go to work? My crystal ball is foggy.

The bottom link is the most informative thing I've seen so far.

Union negotiators offered the rail carriers a one-page, single-sided proposal to spare employees disciplinary points if they schedule routine medical visits in advance for days they would otherwise have to work, according to Pierce.

“You have to understand these workers are not on scheduled days. They have no scheduled days off. They work whenever they get called,” he said. “We are just asking for our workers to be able to go get their medical appointment done and not have to be at work that day.”

Seems to me that if a worker can make an appointment that is several days out, the boss could get someone to cover that guy's job. It doesn't sound like the workers are being jakkasses.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 09/15/22 at 09:45:03

Crisis averted? Had people over and as they were leaving I heard part of a sentence and thought that was the topic..

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/07/24 at 01:19:54

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Just what America needs

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.