Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hey, smartguys,, what magic is in these things? (Read 36 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Hey, smartguys,, what magic is in these things?
09/14/22 at 08:28:00

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Hey, smartguys,, what magic is in these things
Reply #1 - 09/14/22 at 09:39:32

It's a well put together battery pack with charger.
There are many units of the same type. Some use lithium batteries (light), others use deep cycle batteries (heavy).

Immense Capacity:The Portable Power Station Explorer 2000 offers gigantic charging capacity at 2,160Wh,
First-rate Fast AC Charging:Fully charged in only under 2 hours and in an incredible 2 hours via AC wall outlet.
Exceptional Safety:Safety has been taken to an all new level with the quality lithium battery.
Content Includes:1* User Manual, 1*AC Charge Cable, 1* Car Charge Cable, 1*Jackery Explorer 2000 PRO Portable Power Station.

I have a DIY deep cycle with 2 solar panels mainly to deal with short term power outages so I could work from home w/out interruption.
So it's a heavy unit that doesn't fold into a neat little package.  But I could easily put it in the back of my truck.
It's enough to power internet, wifi, tv, laptop and it'll go flat in about 6-8 hours w/out the solar panels.
With judicial use of lights, fan it'll probably give you 24 hour service.

So decide what you need it for and size it accordingly.
I saw 1 youtuber had built 1 into his bicycle camping trailer.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 09/14/22 at 10:23:28

Pretty Cool, Versy! Not surprised you would build your own. I wonder how a guy could lay hands on enough lithium batteries to build a small, not too heavy one.
I have a small generator that is Pretty quiet, but if you're camping, mehh, it's still noise and others just Might not appreciate it. But if I had a power pack I could recharge it during active hours and enjoy having power after dark.
I'm just dreaming about a future that may not happen, I know. But the back is really coming around, so riding is looking like a real possibility and I might get able to go camping and fishing and all that stuff.

How do you turn your DC into AC?
Inverters are not crazy money at all. If a guy had a fat 12 volt source and hooked this to it, it would run a fan and some LEDs for a good long time, I'm thinking.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/EverStart-400-Watts-Vehicle-Power-Inverter-Convert...

http://clickserve.dartsearch.net/link/click?lid=92700060762254883&ds_s_kwgid=...[/url]

Wow! This could blow up in my face,, it's The longest string of crap I ever put between brackets
Okay, the top link works, the bottom, notsomuch..
I'm afraid to try to get rid of it because when I hit modify I am not sure what to erase.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 09/14/22 at 10:40:39

1st one works, 2nd I copied and pasted and it seems to go to the same place.

So not sure what you were trying to do.  But if it was to provide the text of the 1st one, you don't need the brackets.

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 09/14/22 at 10:45:46

I bought a kit from fleabay I think.  at the time not many were offered now there's quite a few complete units.

Like I said, I got a deep cycle battery.
I don't trust liFo's just yet and don't want to have a flaming pile of crap where I absolutely needed something to work.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 09/14/22 at 10:49:25

When I'm trying to get an address in here I start by just copying and pasting. If, when I paste it, it looks too long for the blue line to underline the whole thing, I just go back up and hit one of the two options, one does pictures, the other does text? That is what I think, phht, best I can do. So I took a shot. Sometimes I nail it on the first try,, sometimes..

So, what do you think about that little inverter? How do you get your twelve volts turned into AC?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 09/14/22 at 15:06:52

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/14/22 at 10:49:25:
So, what do you think about that little inverter? How do you get your twelve volts turned into AC?

Mine is a 2000 watt inverter.  that was 400 watts.  I immediately don't know if they rate the input or output, I would guess output.  400/120 is not very much amps so you'll be limited to light weight devices, phone chargers and the like.

They can do a lot with a/c, not much with d/c.
I'd 1st convert it to a/c, they simply switch d/c off then invert polarity to get a square wave a/c.  Then they can use a step transformer to get any voltage they want.  A few filters here and there and you got sine wave a/c.  They probably do it all with computers now but I'm old school and that's the way I would do it.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 09/14/22 at 18:11:47

I'm having trouble with the Kindle,, dang,,lost my reply.
Before I try to cobble something together, I'll figure out what it needs to do. And I'm sure I'll be checking with you.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 05:34:51

General CategoryThe Cafe › Hey, smartguys,, what magic is in these things?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.