Send Topic Print
I'm no historian (Read 49 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
I'm no historian
09/12/22 at 10:16:39

IDK how I stumbled across this, can't speak to its accuracy, but it appears to be a more in depth explanation of the hows and whys of WW1 than anything I ever got in school.
The discussion in here about the hows and whys of the Civil War exposed two very different approaches our schools taught it. Some people, including me, were taught it was all about slavery, others were taught it was because the people in the South felt like they were getting screwed over by legislature. I'm not looking to relittigate that, just pointing out that what You were taught might not be what someone else was.

https://www.corbettreport.com/wwi/?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

It's not short and I spent time reading what the links in the article were saying. I'm in it at least an hour. It's interesting to me because I'm seeing names I have heard about in other books and this is explaining more about those people. Rhodes,Quigley, and a Coupla others I can't pluck outta my brain right now. Mention of the federal Reserve, and other things that I never considered being important to the war.
I'm gonna need to review some of it to get the timeline right, but if you're interested in, not just history, but Important events that set the stage for the way things are today, check this out.
E,I hope you you spend some time with this. I'm betting you know some of these names and the events they were able to bring about.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: I'm no historian
Reply #1 - 09/12/22 at 16:16:31

His documentaries are extremely well done, really hard to dispute what he is presenting.  Check out the ones he did on al-kay-da as well.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 09/12/22 at 19:20:24

I'm just sitting here waiting E to come roaring in and accuse me of making up more lies.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 09/13/22 at 05:40:22

"I'm just sitting here waiting E to come roaring in and accuse me of making up more lies."

I never said you make up lies, I said you post them then often defend them as if they are fact.  Or you re-post them later as if a second post of the same doctored image is supposed to fool anyone.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 09/13/22 at 08:18:46

You ACT like it's my intention to convince people of lies. Maybe I should run my posts by you,editor of the tall table.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 09/13/22 at 10:15:54

You ACT like it's my intention to convince people of lies. Maybe I should run my posts by you,editor of the tall table.

I've never said anything about your intention.  I am saying that when you post something and somebody indicates it is false, you typically defend the material before even looking to see if maybe another forum member might be correct.  Or you post the exact-same information later and argue it again.  

Or you post information you won't read, then when people read it for you, you still tell them they are wrong, even if they used Your information.  It's Your source, you won't read it, but somehow the guy reading it for you is wrong.

I don't care if you spend time being upset about events that never happened, or do not exist, but expecting other people to go along with it makes no sense to me.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 09/13/22 at 10:36:13

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/13/22 at 08:18:46:

Maybe...
Where would your head be now without Eegore's patience?

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 09/13/22 at 13:51:10

Russia Russia Russia
You believe the lies.
But criticize me for getting hornswaggled..
Where was our knower of all things bullshit to protect you lefties from believing the lie?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 09/13/22 at 14:32:41

Russia Russia Russia
You believe the lies.
Where was our knower of all things bullshit to protect you lefties from believing the lie?

I never made any comment on this matter due to a conflict of interest.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #9 - 09/13/22 at 18:39:04

Eegore wrote on 09/13/22 at 14:32:41:
 I never made any comment on this matter due to a conflict of interest.   

WOW, Best  Deflection/Spin Ever !!!!!

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #10 - 09/14/22 at 06:27:20

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/13/22 at 13:51:10:
Russia Russia Russia
You believe the lies.

Russia was involved in trying to manipulate the 2016 election.
Throwing that out there every time you fall for lies only reinforces what you don't know.

Russia, Russia, Russia... is a Trumpist trope.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/07/24 at 03:22:53

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › I'm no historian

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.