Send Topic Print
Let the 'purge' begin (Read 127 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Let the 'purge' begin
09/12/22 at 04:44:20

I'm referring to the movie, only 365.

https://www.capitolnewsillinois.com/NEWS/whats-in-the-safe-t-act-a-look-at-th....

The Safety, Accountability, Fairness and Equity-Today Act, known as the SAFE-T Act, passed with the backing of the Illinois Legislative Black Caucus in the early hours of Jan. 13, 2021.

The broad-ranging measure abolishes cash bail beginning in January 2023, reforms police training, certification and use-of-force standards, expands detainee rights, and requires body cameras at all departments by 2025.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Let the 'purge' begin
Reply #1 - 09/12/22 at 08:22:30

Am I gonna need to open that and spend time or can I just look at that and figure That is a pro crime move?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #2 - 09/12/22 at 16:10:57

Chi-raq already has 40 - 50 shootings on a fun filled weekend. The broad-ranging measure abolishes cash bail beginning in January 2023.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 09/12/22 at 19:57:31

If I lived there I would be pushing for gun control. That is the only way! And it would WORK, I Know it would. Unless they don't put gun control in EVERYWHERE. The guns are pouring in from Other States. It's a good thing they ship their guns in here or those guns would start shooting the people in those states.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Netherlands   Den Haag
Reply #4 - 09/13/22 at 04:51:32

Give an average man a gun and he will gain confidence as if he were a professional MMA fighter.  (Until he meets another man with a gun).

I'm just saying it doesn't really matter if there are none or few guns.
The only difference is; you don't need such an idiotic violent police corps. And that you don't have mass shootings. etc. I think things would calm down a bit.

A lot of people would feel very vulnerable (gun owners) and people don't like to feel vulnerable.

I think that's the main reason why people don't want to give up their guns.

I,f you want to change tings for the better, you schoud let guns out of the equation.

You will meet to much resistans if you don,t. (Unfortunately)

Do what you know is right. (you can always use fear as a counselor later)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 09/13/22 at 08:47:10

Interesting post, Z. You spent time studying the places where concealed carry and open carry are legal and noticed they are so violent as to make Chicago look safe?
You Can't eliminate guns. The cops are Gonna have guns. The people are Guaranteed, by the constitution, written by men who had experience with fighting tyranny. The Pie in the Sky thinking that guns can be eliminated is just that, as silly as Pie in the Sky.
One thing for sure, the drugs that are, well, were until recently, illegal still pour across that porous border. Guns can also cross that border, but if it's illegal to have a gun, the decent, law abiding citizens will be unarmed, leaving us at the mercy of the violent criminals. If you're wondering what that looks like, look at Chicago.

IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 09/13/22 at 10:23:00

I find it interesting that you mention drugs.

In my opinion, drugs should be taken out of illegality and governments should produce them.

Then they should sell it with a high tax on it.
The underworld then loses its income and the government can spend the money on education, solving poverty, training police officers, and many other positive things.

And there will be people who object to this, simply because they have conservative thoughts which are a big part of their identity.

That's a shame, because the war on drugs, will never be won the way we are doing it now.

I don't care about guns and you can keep them, as far as I'm concerned. It are fun toys if you handle them responsibly.

What matters to me is that steps are taken that cut wood.

By the way ,I dit some photoshopping...

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 09/13/22 at 10:41:57

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/13/22 at 08:47:10:
Interesting post, Z. You spent time studying the places where concealed carry and open carry are legal and noticed they are so violent as to make Chicago look safe?

Zev has spent time living in place where you can walk the streets without fear or need of guns.
It's a perspective not found in America.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 09/13/22 at 11:08:37

"Zev has spent time living in place where you can walk the streets without fear or need of guns.
It's a perspective not found in America."

Agreed.

However the assessment that in the US, if guns are made illegal, criminals will have them and law-abiding citizens will not.  This certainly means more violent crime.  I've never, in the US, seen an alternate outcome.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #9 - 09/13/22 at 11:16:54

We need guns because the bad guys have guns,... and the bad guys need guns because we have guns.
Catcha' Tventy-two.

The bad guys will never give them up until we do.
There are bad guys in countries without guns.
They just don't have guns.
The level of bad comes down a few notches when guns are removed from the equation.
Carrying a gun when committing a crime is not worth the penalty when guns are not necessary.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 09/13/22 at 11:56:26

We need guns because the bad guys have guns,... and the bad guys need guns because we have guns.

Except Bad Guys also have and use guns because they are so efficient.  It's not an absolute that they use them exclusively for self-preservation when conducting crime, just in case a victim fights back.  A gun allows a criminal to control multiple victims at once and at a distance.

"The bad guys will never give them up until we do."

Bad Guys aren't typically known for giving anything up.  The idea that law abiding people should give up guns in the hopes that criminals will do it too is fundamentally flawed.  

"There are bad guys in countries without guns.
They just don't have guns.
"

The areas I know of where Bad Guys are typically unarmed are areas where they never were.  Not areas where they had guns, but just decided that giving their victims equal footing is the right thing to do.

"The level of bad comes down a few notches when guns are removed from the equation.
Carrying a gun when committing a crime is not worth the penalty when guns are not necessary."

The problem here is that it is dependent on creating more victims in favor of altering criminal behavior.  Easier targets and more targets has historically not reduced crime.  It's just as easy to say if guns are not legal, anyone that wants to for-sure get away with a crime just needs a gun.  

IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 09/13/22 at 12:38:13

The problems are caused by being too much in our heads and the ego is a defense mechanism.

When you're not in your head and you're grounded, you radiate something that people respond positively to.

When you're in the midst of "bad guys", and you judge them, they attack.

I'm just saying that we're in a state of consciousness that causes problems.
And I don't mean anyone personally, it's a collective phenomenon.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #12 - 09/13/22 at 12:47:57

Quote:
The problem here is that it is dependent on creating more victims in favor of altering criminal behavior.

BINGO!

You "alter criminal behavior" by punishing it.

The new law in Illinois, and the equally idiotic one that has been in place here in NY for a couple of years, do exactly the opposite. They are literally "get out of jail free" cards for the bad guys. And here in NY the results have been predictable and obvious to anyone who can be bothered to look with clear eyes.

This isn't about guns. It's about the lack of consequences for criminal behavior.

This isn't complicated guys.

Anyone who has raised children, or owned a dog, understands that bad behavior doesn't get better if it's allowed to continue without consequences.

IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 09/13/22 at 13:51:20

I see it differently,
With children you ignore if they ask for negative attention. And you give them positive attention as much as possible. You can explain them. why something is not possible. Consequences ok. Punishment doesn't work in prison either.

This is a trailer to a documentary
about what works in prisons.
2 minutes Roll Eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4LudQ3l1fw

And here the whole Documetry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkxSyv5R1sg

It works in the US too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6Ufgg-HOtA

Everywere...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anv-Zff9Fjs

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 09/13/22 at 14:36:42

When you're not in your head and you're grounded, you radiate something that people respond positively to.

When you're in the midst of "bad guys", and you judge them, they attack.

I don't know what criminals you have been around but I know plenty that commit crimes because they can, haven't had any guidance, or because of economic/social situation.  No amount of positive attitude from the general society completely stops human predatory behaviors.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/07/24 at 03:23:17

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Let the 'purge' begin

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.