Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I've been looking for some books (Read 51 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
I've been looking for some books
09/11/22 at 07:57:05

When I was a boy of about ten or twelve someone gave me a Coupla books aimed at kids that age. I really enjoyed reading them. I think my grandson would not just enjoy them, he might actually benefit from them. I've poked buttons, copied and pasted and just frustrated myself trying to find them. One of them was
Love Me, love my dog.
I'm hoping that if that one can be found, it will have the information to help find others.
I think it was the same author who wrote the other one, but JIC I'm wrong, the only thing I can remember is either the main character was named Bristlecone Pine, or that was in the title.
If anyone can help me obtain, ( that's Get, for you mouth breathing motorcycle riders,) I would really appreciate it. At this point in time, ( that's Right Now, for folks like we,mouth breathing motorcycle riders), I've exhausted the avenues of investigation.
Well, maybe not,, I could call or visit the library. If you guys can't help me out, I'll have to try libraries.
Thanks folks

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: I've been looking for some books
Reply #1 - 09/11/22 at 08:41:39

"love me, love my dog" by carolyn verhoeff
is in the library of congress

I hope that's the one you want as there are many of the same title and are not children books.

only other title I see is "all about johnnie jones"

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 09/11/22 at 09:11:24

Thank You for giving it a shot. I looked up that title and author. You can read it, online, and the one you found is fer GURLZ! GAKK!  
I'm blown away with what can be done. Page at a time, and read the thing,, incredible that a children's book from, I think I saw the release date on this is 1922. Looks like a library stamp,and I also saw the copyright,that is just way cool. I thought I had it, but, Neaux,,

< Back to Search Results
Cover for "Love Me, Love My Dog"
Empty StarEmpty StarEmpty StarEmpty StarEmpty Star
No reviews
Love Me, Love My Dog
by P.G. Wodehouse
Temporarily unavailable

Apparently quite a few people thought that was gonna make a good title. Unique, one of a kind, Aaand notsomuch.

I'm finding that title in a few places, but if the print date is prior to the years of the Schwinn bicycles that had the so very popular paint schemes of the fifties and sixties, it's too old, because the characters in the one I'm hunting either had one of those Schwinns or wanted one. And it wasn't just fifty pages, or I would have read it in a day.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 09/11/22 at 10:11:21

I found a review on it. It's not even close to the story I'm looking for. Dammitall..

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 09/11/22 at 21:56:09

So are you still looking for the version of "Love Me, love my dog"?

Or the another story?

Are you thinking of "Lassie: The Mystery of Bristlecone Pine"?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 09/12/22 at 08:34:31

I am sitting here with goosebumps. Just the idea that I Might find those books.. I had no idea just how much I want that. Now, to your question. I'd be surprised if Lassie was in it. But I'm certain of Bristle Cone Pine so I will look into that. Do you have a link?
I didn't have anything against Lassie, but books about Lassie just weren't my thing, but the books were gifts that I didn't pick out.
Gonna copy and paste your title. Win or lose, Thank You.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 09/12/22 at 09:03:33

by Larry Harris Childrens Paperback First published January 1, 1968 …

3.9/5(37)
Format: Paperback

I moved to Odessa at 13, December 67 I turned 13, so the timeline is possible.
But the way I'm remembering it I was younger, like around 11, but, it's easy to get that kinda stuff wrong without a Moment that it ties to. What I am pretty sure about is I didn't take any books to Odessa. The house had flooded the two summers prior. My bedside table and chest of drawers fell apart, all my Weirdo models, and the Monkey Mobile, fighter jets, were in paper sacks, a jumble of parts and pieces,, so the books were Involved in the flood.
I'm gonna say the print dates must be no later than 65.
Hell, that boy is gonna be too old to really appreciate them. I've been hunting around every so often for the last Coupla years.  
My sister gave me a little box of Steinbeck when I was 14, IDK what ever happened to them. Thought I would hook the boy up with something like that a Christmas or so ago and it was gonna be over sixty bucks. The dammo internet sure has put a lot of pressure on the printers. From availability of a PDF to Other things instead of a good book.
I appreciate the efforts guys, it saddens me, more than I ever thought it would or could, but I'm thinking I've asked enough of you, I'll take another shot once in a while, but I'm not going to be asking you guys to spend another minute. Just know I really appreciate you guys spending your time taking a look.
With the breadth and scope of the WideWideWeb I was really expecting it to happen.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 09/12/22 at 12:56:52

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 09/12/22 at 19:27:32

Seriously? The way you talk to me, acting like I'm hunting lies and trying to convince people they are true? Right now, I have no desire for anything that has anything to do with you. Funny how you know everything that is bullshit,except what the lefties are pushing. For right now, just leave me completely alone.
And, btw,if you read what I said, that stupid Lassie nuts never made it in my life. Now, BYE

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 09/13/22 at 10:39:31

"Gonna copy and paste your title. Win or lose, Thank You."

I posted a direct link to the book for efficiency purposes due to your response above claiming you intended to do it anyway.

Also I posted a link, because you literally asked me for one:

"Do you have a link?"

"Seriously? The way you talk to me, acting like I'm hunting lies and trying to convince people they are true?"

I never said you were hunting anything.  I said you post incorrect information then defend it without taking into account maybe the information is wrong.  Then you re-post it later saying it is correct again.

« Last Edit: 09/14/22 at 07:29:17 by Eegore »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 14:00:54

General CategoryThe Cafe › I've been looking for some books

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.