Send Topic Print
The Queen (Read 13 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Queen
09/09/22 at 05:22:04

I read one time The Queen was the primary author for many of her speeches. Of course they would’ve been reviewed and some edits done but primarily, the basis of the speech was hers. Hard to know who authored this paragraph below she gave in 1976 at our nation’s  200th birthday, but I thought it perfect.

“It seems to me that Independence Day should be celebrated as much in Britain as in America,” she said to a crowd in Philadelphia. “Not in rejoicing at the separation of the American colonies from the British Crown but in sincere gratitude to the Founding Fathers of this great Republic for having taught Britain a very valuable lesson… We learnt to respect the right of others to govern themselves in their own ways. Without that great act in the cause of liberty, performed in Independence Hall two hundred years ago, we could never have transformed an Empire into a Commonwealth.”

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: The Queen
Reply #1 - 09/09/22 at 07:51:15

Just read that all British currency will change from QEII's elegant profile to Charles...

...a bit of a step down.

PS... if you haven't seen "Royal Night Out" it's a fun romp fictionalization of a real event in which the two princesses get a night out on VE day.
It also shines a light on the incredible burden of responsibility that falls upon the shoulders of a future monarch.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1837562/
Sarah Gadon is dazzling as Elizabeth.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/07/24 at 03:29:42

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › The Queen

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!