Send Topic Print
Dollar General (Read 18 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Dollar General
09/08/22 at 05:01:23

Fascinating article. My job a few years ago had me learning the strategies of top retailers. One thing I always remember some guy at a tradeshow telling was Target is not  Walmart’s top competition, Dollar General is

https://prospect.org/economy/discount-america/

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Dollar General
Reply #1 - 09/08/22 at 07:01:59

It is interesting how perception works.

I've never considered Target/K-mart in the day etc. to be Wal-Mart competition as much as the "Dollar" stores or even the Whole-Foods style markets.  When people want something different or cheaper the go way different or way cheaper.  I imagine in 10 years any dollar-store that pushes a reduction in single-use plastics will gain a huge percentage of the market.

Businesses do a lot of work to appear as an alternative to another business, and that is sometimes inaccurately assessed as "competition".  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Dollar General
Reply #2 - 09/08/22 at 07:18:57

I know someone who works in the DG. warehouse in Longview . That is what she was telling us the other day. She is proud of her job with that company. And knows which states they are in and how they are growing and she was very happy to announce
We are Wal-Mart's biggest competition.
We have Dollar General, Dollar Tree, and another Dollar something, they have all been sprouting up. The warehouse, no idea how much territory it supports, but it's really big.
And we are getting a distribution center in the Longview industrial park, popular clothing company that I just can't remember right now, but it's gonna be a Bunch of jobs.

Provided we don't all go broke and have to eat bugs.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/07/24 at 05:25:11

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Dollar General

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.