Send Topic Print
Soldering tip (Read 97 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Soldering tip
Reply #15 - 09/18/22 at 14:56:54

I've been thinking about the work you do. I have a couple of questions. I'm thinking this one is Stewpid and I could probably look it up. The pickup is affected by the vibrating string, getting closer and further away, which, what? Induces a field of flux? Like a transformer? Or does it work by changing capacitance?
How do violins work? I thought their strings were catgut, which wouldn't affect an electromagnetic gizmo at all, right?
What kind of amperages do guitar pickups send to the amp?
I've never even spent a minute thinking about this kind of stuff. I don't have a single clue about what kind of circuitry is in an amplifier.
If you're up for it, I'd be interested in the Readers Digest rundown on the subject.
If it's a hassle and you just aren't into it, that's cool.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #16 - 09/18/22 at 21:22:42

Me I’m just a mechanic at the port. Sounds like you may know more about it than me. I’ve only repaired one amp. However  the ground circuit is what keeps you from becoming another component in the guitar. It will light you up and will dam well kill you. It don’t take much to kill you. Pedals and other filters only run at about 9 volts , voltage warns you with the tingle , but  amperage kills you. It don’t take much. I biuld a safe rig.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 09/19/22 at 06:58:47

People who don't believe the battery in a car can make you rethink what you are doing are just Wrong. It doesn't knock you off, but it's unpleasant.
I didn't know an amp was delivering so much power To the guitar. I'm in no danger. It takes me a while to warn up just to play a radio.
Mmkay, I hope some of us got some good tips out of this little thread. Nice thing about soldering, practice costs about nothing.
If anyone tells you
Bigger the glob
Better the job
Don't listen.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #18 - 09/19/22 at 11:54:18

It’s low voltage and I guess it bumps up by the amp. I guess in a responsive manner. Some people have been killed on stage , bad ground , get your face on the mic now you da ground. Add rain danger increases. A heavy price to pay for playing a guitar !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/17/24 at 17:15:35

General CategoryThe Cafe › Soldering tip

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.