ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Re: Oil consumption
Reply #15 - 09/03/22 at 08:27:34

Scottwerty wrote on 09/03/22 at 06:33:44:
Ahhh,  now we're getting to the root of the problem.
      First switch to Rotella T6 synthetic. It has the ZDDP our bikes needs , plus its and is JASO-Ma compliant meaning it's safe to use in our Japanese bikes. Will probably fix your clutch slippage!
       Second problem I'm sensing is you carb. You said "Well, I screwed that up when I flooded the bike while tinkering with the carb and gas got in the crankcase" I would revisit the carb and make sure the float is working properly.
 It's a good time to check the petcock is working properly. The oem one is vacuum controlled and prone to going faulty.  Raptor petcock mod may be in your future.  

Thanks Scottwerty.  Yes, I've addressed the carb.  The flooding was caused by a stuck float needle after I had just cleaned the carb.  I re-cleaned the area and installed a new needle.  All good.  Of course, before doing, and not wanting to take the carb off again, I tried the tricks to unstick the needle and that's how I ended up flooding the bike.

I'm going to run this oil a bit longer and then give Rotella T6 a shot.  Thanks for your replies!  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 17:21:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Oil consumption

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.