Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
American police see themselves as Warriors (Read 102 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: American police see themselves as Warriors
Reply #15 - 09/02/22 at 05:38:09

You can determine what you think he meant, but not what he actually said.

Given the transcripts, the video recordings, audio recordings, and that it happened just miles from my property where I know multiple people who were in attendance, one I have verified had a recording on her cellphone, I can say reliably that I can determine what he said.

Unless of course all these are deep-fakes and there was a robot Obama etc. etc.  

"expand AmeriCorps to 250,000 slots and make that increased service a vehicle to meet national goals, like providing health care and education, saving our planet and restoring our standing in the world, so that citizens see their effort connected to a common purpose."

That's pretty clear to me what he said.  

I think the only up-in-the-air part of this is what does Obama consider a "civilian national security force" to be.  In this case, using all of the words in the statement made on that day, it appears that all of the programs he mentioned, are part of a civilian national security force.  Not  a militia, but a collaboration of the specific programs he mentioned.

Since reading the whole thing isn't an option on here typically, I will outline the words utilized to describe the programs of a civilian national security force using Obama's words.

People of all ages, stations and skills will be asked to serve.

send more college graduates to teach and mentor our young people

call on Americans to join an energy corps, to conduct renewable energy and environmental clean-up projects in their neighborhoods all across the country.

We will enlist our veterans to find jobs and support for other vets, and to be there for our military families

grow our Foreign Service, open consulates that have been shuttered and double the size of the Peace Corps by 2011 to renew our diplomacy. We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we’ve set.

We’ll expand USA Freedom Corps to create online networks where American can browse opportunities to volunteer. You’ll be able to search by category, time commitment and skill sets.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #16 - 09/02/22 at 05:52:37

Volunteers providing healthcare and education services have little to do with a civilian national security force.  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 09/02/22 at 06:10:33

"Volunteers providing healthcare and education services have little to do with a civilian national security force."

This is your assessment.

The quoted line you offered however Obama's quote and his assessment.  By taking in the entirety of his statements, and not just the selected one line, I would say during this speech, he indicated that all of the programs he mentioned are part of a civilian national security force.  Also I do believe I can prove the words that he specifically said.

If I go out on a public platform and say "I think green shirts are indicative of higher intellect", and you say "Green shirts have little to do with intellect" that would not change the intent of my statement and perception when I spoke it.  Your disagreement does not change what I meant.

But if you want Obama to mean an armed militia then that's what he meant, to you.  And it is much easier to make that point if you only offer the one line and never offer the entire series of words preceding and following that line.  If the entire statement is offered, and not just one line, people might come to a different conclusion.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #18 - 09/02/22 at 07:37:30

pg wrote on 09/02/22 at 05:52:37:
Volunteers providing healthcare and education services have little to do with a civilian national security force.  

100 & 25 percent True.

Talking about the 'Peace Core', then talking about a, 'civilian national security force', are two completely different things.

It is the same as someone proposing a wonderful bill, that all political sides say is good and they will vote for it. Then at the last minuet, ADD, a ton of PORK, to stuff the pockets of the Swamp Dwellers.

Obama mean an armed, 'civilian national security force', Ray Charles AND Stevie Wonder could see it.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 09/02/22 at 07:48:03

I disagree.

I think Obama was specifically talking about the programs he mentioned.  A security force does not need to be armed any more than all "training" needs to be about guns or "marksmanship" etc.

Back when this came out in 2008 the claims of Obama's "gestapo" security force etc. were running rampant.  I am still waiting for that force to come kick in my doors.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #20 - 09/02/22 at 08:41:35

Eegore wrote on 09/02/22 at 07:48:03:
 "... still waiting for that force to come kick in my doors.

What was that guy's name,
 that was the POTUS,
  after Obama ?

Wonder if he had anything to do with not promoting the, 'civilian national security force' ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 09/02/22 at 10:21:51

What was that guy's name,
that was the POTUS,
 after Obama ?

Wonder if he had anything to do with not promoting the, 'civilian national security force' ?

He didn't impact it at all because it was never intended to be an armed force.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/07/24 at 05:34:34

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › American police see themselves as Warriors

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.