Send Topic Print
87,000 new irs agents (Read 68 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
87,000 new irs agents
08/30/22 at 10:11:50

And the IRS are Arming their people? Does that feel wrong to anyone else?
What are they expecting? What are they Planning to do that would make them need to be so well armed? Why would they be armed at all? Don't they work in buildings that have security people have to go through just to get in? Are they planning on going out and inventorying peoples houses? Seriously,, WTF Is going on? And, why do we suddenly Need all these people? Did they suffer some huge exodus of tax auditors?
Surely SOMEONE has a better understanding of how this decision was made and why it isn't an eyebrow raising, attention getting, real concern.
Yes, E,I'm figuring if you haven't already done some digging, you have a better understanding of what the reason is for such a Yuge hiring push.
IDK what these people get paid, but I'm pretty sure they are expected to get more money In than they Cost. Some quick Mental Maffs,,
If a Thousand people get a thousand dollars, that is a million dollars.
If fifty thousand people get a thousand dollars, that is what? Class? Class? Bueller?
Fifty million..
What if fifty thousand people get paid fifty thousand dollars each?
Well, crap,, some days I can do this without paper. Not today.
Okay,50,000 people paid 50,000 each
$2,500,000,000.00
If it's Only 75,000,then it's 1.5 times that
So it's gonna start with
$3,750.00 followed by six zeroes.
Three Billion, seven hundred fifty million, and that is twelve thousand fewer paychecks than they hired.
And THIS URGENT NEED for more tax collectors follows a record setting tax collection for last year.
So what is the problem that they are solving?
How many actual taxpayers ( Federal income tax) are there? If you're like us,you can bet on Gettin a refund. I have one friend who Actually has to pay in. Yeah, he's one of the greedy people who has to let go of some part of the income he created.
We can't use the population for the number. I'm seeing different numbers when I search for the number of people who actually Pay into The System. Do we get All of what was taken out of paychecks? No, but it's Not much of a difference.
So, my point is, I think it looks like quite a financial burden, it's Not Just the paychecks, there is office space, apparently guns and ammo, range time, transportation, insurance coverage, and All those costs will get paid How? Without All87,000 paychecks added up I'm getting just shy of Four Billion Dollars.Hell, I'm HOPING I got that maff wrong. And that is without the list of things above.
But we're supposed to believe this won't land on people who make less than what? I've heard 400 thousand, I've heard 250 thousand,, but I'm not understanding how such an increase in their number of people and the associated costs of all of them getting paid and all the other costs the People have to pay for and I'm supposed to believe all that is aimed at the rich.
And If that is true, the damage this is going to do to America is gonna be Yuge.
The people who are doing things and creating jobs? How do YOU see this working out?
I know how much I think it's gonna do for America. I can't decide if it's gonna be worse than anything else Biden has done. But it's Not gonna be good for anyone.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: 87,000 new irs agents
Reply #1 - 08/30/22 at 10:23:43

Yes, E,I'm figuring if you haven't already done some digging, you have a better understanding of what the reason is for such a Yuge hiring push.

It's not true.

They aren't hiring 87,000 additional agents.

I'd explain why and provide references but typically my references are not even looked at and I am told they are wrong, somehow knowing without looking at them.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 08/30/22 at 10:44:17

Howboutthatschitt? The number came from somewhere..
Where should I go to get the FoRealzies number?
It's Not the only number out there, I dunno if it's even close..

number of active taxpayers has been increased to 2.6 million for tax year 2020, according to the data released by Federal Board of Revenue (FBR).

So, call it three million people who actually Pay in..
And around four billion, based on what I'm told is an inaccurate number of new hires,well, what use is trying to get a rough estimate if everyone is lying to us?
87,000 is the only number I have heard.

that the IRS will use the money to hire an “army” of 87,000 new...

Treasury Confirms: Biden Plans to Hire 87,000 New …

https://www.atr.org/treasury-confirms-biden-plans...
May 20, 2021 · 86,852 IRS agents could fill 1.74 Roman Coliseums. With 86,852 IRS agents, you could fill the stadiums of Real Salt Lake, Houston Dynamo FC, Los Angeles FC and FC Dallas. …

Why did the IRS not hire full time employees?
See this and other topics on this result
86,852 new IRS employees | Washington …
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/86-852...
Aug 08, 2022 · 86,852 NEW IRS EMPLOYEES. You've probably heard Republicans say the Inflation Reduction Act, the massive spending bill just passed by Senate Democrats, includes provisions to hire 87,000 new IRS...

Email: byork@washingtonexaminer.com

If you're saying 87,000 is wrong because it's 148 less, wow.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 08/30/22 at 10:59:13

"Howboutthatschitt? The number came from somewhere..
Where should I go to get the FoRealzies number?"

I'd start by reading the actual reference all these websites are saying they got it from.  Unfortunately its a Government document so it can't be correct or trusted right?  Even though it is exactly where the websites and everyone else are getting the 87k number from:

https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/136/The-American-Families-Plan-Tax-Com...

Now if a human wants to rile people up about this they have to ignore certain things like that it is a budget to be phased in over the next 10 years and that most positions won't be IRS Agents or even new positions.  Also over half the current IRS staff are due to leave in the next 5 years.

If we look at the full budget and cross reference the cost of audit trends the IRS could hire up to 30,000 additional staff within the next 10 years.  So if you take the 79,000 current employees and add the 30k, the IRS will have about the same amount of employees as they did a decade ago.

That's a long stretch from 87,000 additional "Agents".  The support staff to process something like that would be astronomical.

https://www.gao.gov/assets/gao-22-104960.pdf

The reason why this isn't making waves all over the place is because it is not happening.  But it sure gets people upset if it is worded in a way that makes it sound like 87000 "additional" Agents are coming for you.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 08/30/22 at 11:16:16

Trump Allies Are Attacking Biden For a Plan to Hire 87,000 New IRS Agents That Doesn't Exist
https://time.com/6204928/irs-87000-agents-factcheck-biden/

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #5 - 08/30/22 at 13:33:25

Serowbot wrote on 08/30/22 at 11:16:16:
Trump Allies Are Attacking Biden For a Plan to Hire 87,000 New IRS Agents That Doesn't Exist
https://time.com/6204928/irs-87000-agents-factcheck-biden/

So they are going to send out paychecks to 87,000 people who don't exist?  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 08/30/22 at 13:51:57

So they are going to send out paychecks to 87,000 people who don't exist?  

No.  They aren't hiring 87,000 additional staff.  People are lying about that because other people will believe it, spread it around and defend it without evidence or examining any information at all.

There is not going to be 87,000 additional paychecks.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #7 - 08/30/22 at 14:51:01

I'm not certain if all those peolpe got it wrong; however, thry are still going to increase enforcement substantially.

In all, the meant-to-be-inflation buster bill will dole out about $80 billion to the IRS for increase enforcement, operational improvements, customer service, and systems modernization. Think big, really big. That $80 billion is more than six times the current annual IRS budget of $12.6 billion.

How can the IRS spend all of that? You guessed it, the bill says a whopping $45.6 billion will be for enforcement, and make no mistake, enforcement is the main directive from Democrats to the IRS.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2022/08/08/irs-has-guns-inflation-red...

Best regards,

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 08/30/22 at 16:01:54

"I'm not certain if all those peolpe got it wrong; however, thry are still going to increase enforcement substantially."

They got it wrong just like you did.  They saw the statement and considered it factual, without the need to look at the source material and come to their own conclusion.

"In all, the meant-to-be-inflation buster bill will dole out about $80 billion to the IRS for increase enforcement, operational improvements, customer service, and systems modernization. Think big, really big. That $80 billion is more than six times the current annual IRS budget of $12.6 billion."

As long as we ignore time this sounds like a huge increase.  This compares one year of funding to a decade of funding.  Does that sound like a reasonable comparison to you?  80 Billion over 10 years is 8 Billion a year, even if this was straight up added in it's not even close to a multiple of 6 increase.

"How can the IRS spend all of that? You guessed it, the bill says a whopping $45.6 billion will be for enforcement, and make no mistake, enforcement is the main directive from Democrats to the IRS."

This still doesn't mean 87,000 "additional" IRS "Agents" are being hired and that 87,000 paychecks are being issued.  If the additional enforcement was substantial people wouldn't have to exaggerate it to sound like an "Army" of 87,000 MORE Agents are coming for you!  

But as we have established here before, facts don't matter as long as the claim is something you agree with.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #9 - 08/30/22 at 16:13:54

I understand the point you are trying to make; however, I consider 80B a great deal of money even if it is spread over 10 years.  As stated, they are still going to increase enforcement substantially.

Best regards,

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 09/01/22 at 07:37:55

Personally I am ok with the IRS holding criminals accountable for committing tax crimes.

I get it people don't like to pay taxes, but they also like to have infrastructure, Fire Departments, safe drinking water etc.  I pay my taxes, I keep my accounting current.  What is there to be concerned about?

I have been told horror stories of the IRS ruining peoples lives for no reason but every single one I have ever looked into is an issue of the person not paying taxes, dodging or not submitting extensions etc.

I personally have not seen an incident where somebody was audited, provided accounting information and was criminally prosecuted.

Also everyone thinks they are the target.  The IRS is coming after a few millionaires I know, and a few people that make over 500k, and people making over 100k, and 75k, and 30k, and people on disability.  Everybody says they are the IRS target and nobody else is.  This victim mentality is part of why they do not actively change tax laws, and why they believe nonsense like 87,000 "new" "Army" of "Agents" are coming for them.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 09/01/22 at 10:51:22

Perhaps it’s true that at the end of this expansion the IRS will have the same number of employees they did 10 years ago. But the IRS, like many other “companies”, has gone through technological improvements. Electronic filing, electronic paperwork, ability to do a great deal of investigation online, etc. certainly reduces the need for people. It does in every other organizational so I don’t know why it wouldn’t do the same here.

Yes, I’m suspicious.

I think they’re bulking up so that if you sell an antique dresser that’s been passed down in your family for generations for $2000, they want their cut of that.

Go ahead, call me cynical.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #12 - 09/01/22 at 11:46:12

Cynical.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 09/01/22 at 12:12:43

A rare moment of agreement.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 09/01/22 at 12:19:42

"I think they’re bulking up so that if you sell an antique dresser that’s been passed down in your family for generations for $2000, they want their cut of that."

You should pay taxes on that.

I think the cost to enforce compared to the gain on this type of thing would put them at a deficit.  Private sales are pennies compared to the millions being lost in fraud and large-scale evasion.  But I have no way to tell what they would use the additional funds for beyond knowing it can't be for 87k additional Agents.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/07/24 at 05:26:35

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › 87,000 new irs agents

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.