Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
When you get that Green you so desire (Read 117 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: When you get that Green you so desire
Reply #15 - 08/23/22 at 17:59:51

Serowbot wrote on 08/23/22 at 13:24:44:
...but did you get the part where nuclear is non-renewable too?
At a full global capacity we would run out of uranium in a decade.
Is it worth the time and expense?
Along with the already known dangers and waste problems?

Battery and e-motor solutions are being developed now.
Same with windmill blades.
Lithium will soon be replaced,... magnetless generators that produce more power , and no need for balsa wood.
These are much more solvable than changes in the laws of physics to make nuclear viable.  

I’ve read estimates that say otherwise. I heard we were running out of oil for decades!  Besides, hydrogen is the long term fuel. And uranium is present in seawater. Ridiculously expensive to process right but there’s always a way.

I never understand the left’s inherent objection to nuclear. You absolutely  ignore the environmental challenges from current lithium battery production with a wave of the hand and think China Syndrome was a documentary. Seriously, what is it? It’s not logic, it’s not science. You really think we’re going to the stars on wind energy? WTH man.

IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Netherlands   Den Haag
Reply #16 - 08/24/22 at 13:01:01

WebsterMark wrote on 08/23/22 at 11:43:49:
zevenenergie wrote on 08/23/22 at 10:27:34:
I'm not a big proponent of nuclear energy myself, but I get your point.
It seems like that would solve the madness we live in right now.
I don't think the green people like Greta have the solution either.

But we as humanity have now reached a limit, and not only due to emerging economies such as in China and India.

I think the real solution to the problem must come from the development of the individual. (in a spiritual way)
If we live as fast as we do now, humanity will not survive on this planet.(the planet will survive us just fine)

If we don't wake up each and every one of us en masse from our consumer consciousness, then there is no future possible. It's not that we still have 2 centuries left. We see from covid how 1 small organism flattens the whole world.

Small nuclear power plants can provide the solution to the need for energy, but it is so diametrically opposed to what humanity really needs that I think it is more of a death blow than a solution.

I think when humanity collectively goes into there soul-conciusnes , that forms of energy such as nuclear fusion are being released for us.

When the current mentality does not change, these forms of enenergy would make us go extinct.

So specifically, what is it exactly you would like to see individuals do?

Not even that much, I wish we would all make a subtle shift in ourselves. From thought consciousness to universal consciousness.

Something like what was talked about in the 60's but now without flowers in the hair and not necessarily in a meadow.
I mean the state of being that many experienced on LSD (never done it myself).
Both feet on the ground. The heart in the right place the head cool. Not something special, but just filled from within so that your desires disappear.
That your heart is warm.
That you are joyful for no reason.

I think the world is crying out for these kind of people right now.

Do what you know is right. (you can always use fear as a counselor later)
  IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 08/24/22 at 13:15:25

zevenenergie wrote on 08/24/22 at 13:01:01:
WebsterMark wrote on 08/23/22 at 11:43:49:
zevenenergie wrote on 08/23/22 at 10:27:34:
I'm not a big proponent of nuclear energy myself, but I get your point.
It seems like that would solve the madness we live in right now.
I don't think the green people like Greta have the solution either.

But we as humanity have now reached a limit, and not only due to emerging economies such as in China and India.

I think the real solution to the problem must come from the development of the individual. (in a spiritual way)
If we live as fast as we do now, humanity will not survive on this planet.(the planet will survive us just fine)

If we don't wake up each and every one of us en masse from our consumer consciousness, then there is no future possible. It's not that we still have 2 centuries left. We see from covid how 1 small organism flattens the whole world.

Small nuclear power plants can provide the solution to the need for energy, but it is so diametrically opposed to what humanity really needs that I think it is more of a death blow than a solution.

I think when humanity collectively goes into there soul-conciusnes , that forms of energy such as nuclear fusion are being released for us.

When the current mentality does not change, these forms of enenergy would make us go extinct.

So specifically, what is it exactly you would like to see individuals do?

Tanks for asking.

Not even that much, I wish we would all make a subtle shift in ourselves. From thought consciousness to universal consciousness.

Something like what was talked about in the 60's but now without flowers in the hair and not necessarily in a meadow.
I mean the state of being that many experienced on LSD (never done it myself).
Both feet on the ground. The heart in the right place the head cool. Not something special, but just filled from within so that your desires disappear.
That your heart is warm.
That you are joyful for no reason.

I think the world is crying out for these kind of people right now.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 08/24/22 at 20:17:25

The world is crying out for those people….until they need something. When my son was a year old, he had a sudden infection similar to what killed my twin brother when he was only 30 days old. In 1961, there wasn’t anything anybody could do. But jump ahead 25 years and we were able to go into an intensive care with some amazing medical equipment, drugs and doctors and he was home within a week. That equipment, those drugs, those doctors were all made possible by people and companies striving to push the technology envelope forward. And the reality behind each of them was a businessman, an entrepreneur, looking to make money.

We can sit around and talk about Kumbaya all we want but at the end of the day, technology is pretty darn good. I have no desire to go backwards, I’m going forward. Being in the state you described, and being busy in today’s world, are not mutually exclusive.

IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 08/25/22 at 03:54:07

We have all experienced first-hand what it is like to depend on people with selfish motives, where they should have played a nurturing and serving role. In that regard, there is no one in this world without trauma.

I don't really understand why there is such a big taboo on this topic of "being comfortable in your own skin".
Often people who are working on themselves are dismissed as softies.
But when you see what it takes to clear the way in yourself.....I would not call them softies.(dit not hear you say that)

I,m al whit you when you say:

We can sit around and talk about Kumbaya all we want but at the end of the day, technology is pretty darn good. I have no desire to go backwards, I’m going forward. Being in the state you described, and being busy in today’s world, are not mutually exclusive.

It goes hand in hand.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 08/25/22 at 04:52:50

Being comfortable in your own skin is not what I believed you were talking about.

My point is let’s face reality, all of us reap the benefits from those I believe you infer are selfish. Are the owners of my company selfish to insist on hard work, occasionally long hours, extensive travel etc? My company is thriving and I reap the benefits which are spread across my family while others in our industry struggle and lay people off, cut pay and benefits.

I’m not necessarily prepared to echo the Gordon Gekko phrase greed is good, but let’s acknowledge the benefits from those who’s comfortable skin tells them to pursue excellence.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 08/25/22 at 05:23:39

"We have all experienced first-hand what it is like to depend on people with selfish motives, where they should have played a nurturing and serving role."

I don't know, I think "should" is more of a "could".

Who am I to say when somebody should have compassion or serve?

IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 08/25/22 at 05:57:28

I don't have all the answers, but You could explore what it means to you to be free of an all-determining mind.
A mind accustomed to thinking in good and bad.

It feels unnatural to me that the head of an institution whose main purpose is to care for people enriches itself at the expense of that institution.
And I think it would be normal if we would hold such a person accountable.
Being faithful can lead to corruption. If only that you shut up where you should say something.
Dictators are made by the people in his immediate environment. It's that simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29fthnF0XAk

I don,t know if this woman was also in your news . She's not an activist or anything, just someone who couldn't keep her mouth shut. That is a by-product of being comfortable in your own skin, that you no longer have a choice. Your not a politician who twists and turns.
Just like nelson Mandela, he dit not think about what he was conne do... he could not shut up.
I, dont want to be in a role telling you what is cood ore not. I just love it when some body is in that state of not compromising.

Like a lion.
Top of the food cain, no coruption. Free and natrual.
For me that is beauty.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 08/25/22 at 16:04:44

It feels unnatural until you or the person you love more than anyone in the world gets a life saving drug from a pharmaceutical company who outbid a competitor for a scientist with the skills to make fabulous discoveries but needed an expensive and fully out fitted lab to do so.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 08/25/22 at 16:08:59

"It feels unnatural until you or the person you love more than anyone in the world gets a life saving drug from a pharmaceutical company who outbid a competitor for a scientist with the skills to make fabulous discoveries but needed an expensive and fully out fitted lab to do so."

Yep.

IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 08/26/22 at 10:09:17

I don't see the comparison.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/07/24 at 05:36:15

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › When you get that Green you so desire

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.