Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What If it Sounds Good, but it Really isn't? (Read 21 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
What If it Sounds Good, but it Really isn't?
08/19/22 at 11:14:08

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: What If it Sounds Good, but it Really isn't?
Reply #1 - 08/19/22 at 13:16:25

This is a real case.  Unlike your last transgender school complaint where you were upset about something that never happened, this is real.

https://libertycenter.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/20220614_Konen_Complaint...

Unless of course your first link is not intended to be about the schools case.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 08/19/22 at 13:21:55

As for the wind turbine issue, it is a real thing.

The claim that frozen wind turbines, or any "green energy" caused the power outages in TX are lies.  Grids with no green energy failed, so how did green energy failure cause problems there?

Quotes that are edited to say wind turbines never produce enough to replace the energy that took to build them are lies.  The quote was edited.

Here is a supporting document to your link here:  And I didn't have to drudge up edited quotes or complete infrastructure impossibilities to contribute something of substance:

https://www.wrm.org.uy/bulletin-articles/the-green-paradoxes-of-an-amazonian-...

Wind turbine and lithium batteries etc, should be looked at for the total impact they have on the environment and economies, but I don't need edited quotes lying to you to prove it.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 08/19/22 at 13:39:27

Why Are Coal Plants Closing All Over Texas?
A coal plant based in Vernon, Texas announced that it will shut down operations in 2020. It’s the fifth plant that has closed or announced its closure this year. The 700-megawatt plant stated that the reason behind its decision to close was due to its inability to compete in the energy market. This follows a nationwide trend of coal-fired power plants shutting down across the nation.

Will It Affect Reliability in ERCOT?
With a trend of coal power closures, some may worry about whether or not the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) will be able to keep up with energy demands. These five coal plants made up 22 percent of the state’s coal capacity, after all. However, the reason for these closures has more to do with profitability as cheaper options become available. As the market shifts, so too does the reliance on coal for power.

Are Tax Break for Renewable Energy Causing Coal Plants to Shut Down?
Natural gas-fired generators, where a majority of Texans get their power, are cheaper, cleaner, more efficient and therefore more competitive than coal for power production.

Last year, Texans received 18 percent of their energy generation from renewables. While federal incentives for wind has made it cheaper to create wind farms projects in Texas, the Renewable Electricity Production Tax Credit (PTC) began stepping down in 2017. It will phase out at the end of 2019. Still, as companies rush to build more wind farms before the credit expires, look for customers to switch electricity providers, looking for renewable energy plans in Dallas.

Well, Lookie There. What had been working got shut down because someone hated the coal industry and operating the old system got too expensive. What happens when one part of the grid starts to fail? Don't they shunt power from where it's working over to where they need help? I'm not saying that is how it works, it's a question.
Places struggling to be competitive might not get the best maintenance. You can answer the question, you can keep telling me how the green stuff had no impact. I remember what you said. But type it again if you're so inclined.
Something is wrong when Texas can't get the power to the people.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 08/19/22 at 13:57:57

Source:

https://www.texaselectricityratings.com/blog/texas-coal-plant-shut-2020/

Well, Lookie There. What had been working got shut down because someone hated the coal industry and operating the old system got too expensive.

Except they didn't always work.  In 2011 the event that happened in 2021 was predicted based off the failures of the power plant production of that time.  

"What happens when one part of the grid starts to fail? Don't they shunt power from where it's working over to where they need help? I'm not saying that is how it works, it's a question."

If possible but ERCOT is a rather closed system, so power transfer is limited.  They have many gaps in the closed system so there are failures there as well.

"You can answer the question, you can keep telling me how the green stuff had no impact."

ERCOT itself said green energy was not the issue, but what does ERCOT know about their own power grid?  

"Something is wrong when Texas can't get the power to the people."

I agree.  I don't agree that frozen windmills that never provided power to entire sections of TX could possibly be what caused those sections of power to be down.  ERCOT needs significant changes to it's system or this will keep happening.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/07/24 at 05:26:55

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › What If it Sounds Good, but it Really isn't?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.