Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Loose Flywheel - How does it sound? (Read 134 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Loose Flywheel - How does it sound?
Reply #15 - 08/19/22 at 07:45:46

I didn't know about the difference between the Loctite colors and I was putting a clutch in a John Deere tractor. I was uncomfortable about everything staying where I had it and I had some red Loctite... Which would not be a problem, except for the fact that the only way to get To that part with heat and a good angle on it you would have to split the tractor again. In the FWIW department, I did that job without a hoist,on an uneven dirt floor in a barn with no fan in the heat of summer. Yeah, split the tractor, did the job and stabbed the transmission input shaft in the clutch with Zero help.
I used my floor jack to lift on the tread of the tires to roll it. Right now I don't remember exactly how I supported the transmission. The front of the tractor was on jackstands,,
It's been a few years,, but I've cringed a few times thinking about what kinda cussing someone would be giving That Idiot who did that. If it ever needs a clutch adjustment,, someone is gonna have a really bad day.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #16 - 08/19/22 at 07:50:21

Good to know, Mike.  I am looking forward to more feedback on this.  Not sure if I will have my motor back together and in the bike before you report back, though.

Every twenty minute job is a stripped thread away from being a three day ordeal.

'87 LS650h Savage Street Tracker (destroyed by fire)
'86 LS650g Savage (parts bike)
'81 Kawasaki KZ750e ELR tribut
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #17 - 08/19/22 at 22:00:51

DBM , We’re you feeling any vibration and did it get worse as noise got louder ?

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #18 - 08/19/22 at 22:10:37

I’m gonna order a new nut & washer , just in case !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Reply #19 - 08/20/22 at 17:55:48

Ruttly, no discernable change in vibration.  Mirrors were the same as always.  Grips same.  Pegs same.  Seat same.  Only thing different was audible noise, and it was loud & scary.

I was hoping to see some comments from others who experienced a loose flywheel.  Curious if they heard the same thing I did, and just how loose their flywheels were.  Were the flywheel nuts backed off noticeably, or did they have to apply a wrench to determine that the nut was loose?

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 19:23:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Loose Flywheel - How does it sound?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.