Dit you know that? (Read 34 times)
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Netherlands   Den Haag
Dit you know that?
08/08/22 at 10:31:12

Do what you know is right. (you can always use fear as a counselor later)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Dit you know that?
Reply #1 - 08/08/22 at 11:04:57

Ima hafta wait for E to weigh in. No way I could vet those claims.
For all I know, Scrooge McDuck has controlling interest in everything from the neighbor kid's lemonade stand to the communication satellites in orbit.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 08/08/22 at 11:12:58

I'd reply,.. but I'm just not that flexible.  Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 08/08/22 at 14:23:30

Vanguard and Blackrock manage mutual funds.  The "ownership" of shares belongs to their clients.  They do not "run" or "own" any of those companies.

Vanguard has 7.25% of Coke, Blackrock has about 6.55%.  There's no way they run or come close to owning Coke with that shareholding interest.

Any number of theories by people can manipulate the language to make it seem like Vanguard "runs" Coke/Apple/Everything but they instead run along the Friedman Doctrine.  The only people that should have issue with how Blackrock or Vanguard operate are the ones who don't invest with them and make money off the free market.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #4 - 08/08/22 at 15:07:06

Eegore wrote on 08/08/22 at 14:23:30:
 The only people that should have issue with how Blackrock or Vanguard operate are the ones who don't invest with them and make money off the free market.

I disagree, they have turned into a leviathan.  They already are the largest US residential and commercial landlord.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/blackstone-prepares-record-50-billion-snap-...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackRock

BlackRock, Inc. is an American multinational investment management corporation based in New York City. Founded in 1988, initially as a risk management and fixed income institutional asset manager, BlackRock is the world's largest asset manager, with US$10 trillion in assets under management as of January 2022.[3] BlackRock operates globally with 70 offices in 30 countries and clients in 100 countries.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 08/08/22 at 15:32:42

Blackrock is huge, but I don't think they "run" or "own" every large company.  Combined Vanguard and Blackrock have less than 15% shares in Apple.  They run Apple?

I personally have hundreds of "assets" by investment but run or have majority shares in zero of them.  I get it that there is mistrust in large corporations, but this, like everything, doesn't become more truthful the more we embellish the facts.  

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #6 - 08/08/22 at 16:05:29

Eegore wrote on 08/08/22 at 15:32:42:
 Blackrock is huge, but I don't think they "run" or "own" every large company.  Combined Vanguard and Blackrock have less than 15% shares in Apple.  They run Apple?

I personally have hundreds of "assets" by investment but run or have majority shares in zero of them.  I get it that there is mistrust in large corporations, but this, like everything, doesn't become more truthful the more we embellish the facts.  

I didn't state that they 'run' or 'own' anything, nor did I 'embellish' facts.  

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/110515/who-are-owners-vanguar...

As of 2021, Vanguard has more than $7.50 trillion in assets under management (AUM), second to BlackRock, Inc ($9.01 trillion AUM).

The US GDP in 2021 was 23T, their combined assets are 71.7% of the US GDP.  Henceforth the term leviathan is especially appropriate.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/07/24 at 07:25:21

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Dit you know that?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.