Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Timing cover replacement (Read 21 times)
Needles
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

AR
Timing cover replacement
08/05/22 at 16:43:29

I am pretty sure I have seen someone's post about a replacement for the slotted timing mark /crankshaft bolt cover replacement, but now I can't find it. The topic is listed in the Lube, Maintenance and Tune Up section in the technical bar, but it keeps telling me I'm not authorized to view it! Does anyone know what I need to get one, preferably with a hex head instead of a screw slot? I had to use an impact driver on mine and it basically split in 2...  Angry

IP Logged
Needles
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

AR
Re: Timing cover replacement
Reply #1 - 08/05/22 at 17:08:04

OK, I think I found it. I think it's Suzuki Part# 09259-36008, for a Ski-Doo, Sea Doo, Arctic Cat engine, with an Allen head.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Timing cover replacement
Reply #2 - 08/05/22 at 18:27:06

This would be a good time to buy Antisieze. Don't worry so much about it backing out. Gently snugging it,and putting a line across the edge of the plug onto the engine and you can see, at a glance, if it's trying to back out. That plug doesn't hold the engine together.
A sharpie will stay on long enough for you to decide if it needs more Ooomph. Judicious
applications of Ooomph is the only way to avoid trouble on these things.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 15:42:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Timing cover replacement

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.