Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tiktiktiktik wont turn over (Read 40 times)
Transmania
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Mexico
Tiktiktiktik wont turn over
07/27/22 at 12:38:34

Hi guys and gals. Suzuki ls650 06. Bike was stolen last year, i got it back in pieces. I rebuilt it and everything is in place. But the motor wont turn over.

When i push the start button it makes that rapid tiktiktik noise like when the battery is dead. BUT its a brand new batery installed 3 days prior and all the lights come on when i turn on the ignition.    

So is it possible this new battery is just bad like a really low charge or something, or is there something else it could be that i can check out?

IP Logged
Smerft85
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Tiktiktiktik wont turn over
Reply #1 - 07/28/22 at 10:01:22

If you have an ohm meter see how many volts your battery has on it at rest with key off, good strong battery should be close to 13v. I've been dealing with a new battery that Sat longer than ideal in the box and it was very weak upon install, not sure how long your battery Sat on a shelf before installation.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #2 - 07/28/22 at 10:24:56

Loose connection , some new batteries should be charged first , may not have a full charge. Glad you got your bike back , most never see it again ! Loose or bad connection recheck your work , almost sounds like ground missing somewhere.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Transmania
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Mexico
Reply #3 - 07/28/22 at 10:28:59

Hi. Ok i tested and chargrd the battery its all good but still wont start. I want to test the starter motor but cant figure out how to get the darn thing out. How do pull out the starter motor?  I got this far.

20220728_112803.jpg
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 07/28/22 at 11:56:52

The start button provides the ground to fire the solenoid. If it is corroded in there it might fail to fire the solenoid,. Usually when it does that it isn't kept inside.
You can test your starter on the bike. Make sure you're in neutral and jumper 12 volts to the starter. That isn't worded as well as someone else will. And it's incomplete. The back hurting isn't lettin me sleep enough to focus.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #5 - 07/28/22 at 13:45:06

Transmania wrote on 07/28/22 at 10:28:59:
Hi. Ok i tested and chargrd the battery its all good but still wont start. I want to test the starter motor but cant figure out how to get the darn thing out. How do pull out the starter motor?  I got this far.

From this point just lift up the end you just removed the 2 bolts from, move the end back and forth as you lift up and pull out at the same time.  It takes a bit of effort but it will come out.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/05/24 at 19:28:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Tiktiktiktik wont turn over

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.