Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Working out, according to plan (Read 145 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Working out, according to plan
Reply #15 - 07/27/22 at 12:01:11

What caused the bus to burn? Why couldn't they get off?

How many gas/diesel vehicles are burning percentage wise?
In the few short years evs have been around, what is their batting average?
How many fires have occurred in/on transport vehicles?

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a39137893/cargo-ship-fire-fueled-by-ev-batt...

If it's not obvious that the batteries are a fire hazard far beyond the vehicles that we have all grown up with.

Hyundai and Kia tell owners of nearly 500,000 vehicles to park outside due to fire risk..

Again with the false equivalencies.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 07/27/22 at 13:05:57

"Again with the false equivalencies."

Comparing percentages of vehicle fires by propulsion type is a false equivalency in what way?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #17 - 07/27/22 at 14:58:36

Here's what reverse searches are for...
Found this...

CTtransit electric bus fleet pulled from operation following fire
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cttransit-electric-bus-fleet-pulled-from-op...

Data shows electric vehicle fires are rare.
Research by Auto Insurance EZ found 1,529 gas vehicle fires per 100,000 sales compared to 25 electric vehicle fires per 100,000 sales.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 07/27/22 at 18:19:33

WebsterMark wrote on 07/27/22 at 11:34:51:
This is easy to settle fellas Just follow the recall formula.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiB8GVMNJkE

Seriously? Nothing? That was funny stuff.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 07/27/22 at 19:11:28

"Research by Auto Insurance EZ found 1,529 gas vehicle fires per 100,000 sales compared to 25 electric vehicle fires per 100,000 sales."

This can't be accurate.  1529 per 100,000 is very high.  There are over 250 Million registered internal combustion vehicles in the US.  So if we divide 250,000,000 by 100,000 we get 2,500.  

So then 1,529 "per 100,000" (1,529 x 2,500) would be 3,822,500 vehicles.  Surely we would see more fires if this were true.

https://www.statista.com/topics/4580/gasoline-powered-vehicles-in-the-united-...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 07/28/22 at 05:33:26

I had a car burn up once. Rather it was my brothers. It was 1979 and we were driving back from the 125 cc outdoor motocross where Broc Glover captured the national championship at a track outside of Omaha in the town of Agency, Nebraska.

We were driving back late Saturday night after having very little sleep for the past couple days. We stopped to get gas in Central Missouri and my brother stupidly filled up his old Pontiac station wagon with diesel.

We made it a few miles before it started to die out but we managed to get off on the Higginsville Missouri exit but it died on the overpass above the highway.

It was late and everything was closed but we had an old gas can. Back then you could take a gas pump off, hold it down, squeeze the handle and drain the gas left in the hose. Not sure you could do that today. We managed to get about a gallon of gas.

By then a cop showed up and we told him what we was going on. We climbed under the car, pulled the gas line off and let about 15 gallons of diesel run out, flowing off bridge and onto the highway. Hey it was 1979, you could do sh! like that.

We put a little bit of gas in the tank and then primed the carburetor. You remember carburetors right? The idea then is for one person to sit in the car, crank it and the other person to add gas if needed until the car started. Then jump in the car and take off. The cop said there was a station a couple of miles away and that was our goal.

Things went bad. The fire started in the carburetor and my brother yelled at me to take my foot off the gas but keep cranking the motor trying to draw the flames back into the cylinder. It didn’t work. The motor caught on fire and all the loose oil made it burn like a tiki torch.

We were stuck in a little town called Higginsville Missouri for a day or so until my two elderly Aunts could drive out and pick us up. My two older brothers came back and towed the car back. My brother then amazingly replaced every single wire in the engine compartment and got the car running again and drove it for another year or two. Until I was driving across an area of the St Louis city dump where we used to ride dirt bikes, going really fast and hit some small rolling hills. I slammed the front end into the face of one and stopped dead. No seatbelt of course so we kissed the windshield. I pretty much finished that car off. I always felt a little bad about that.

Anyway, that’s one internal combustion automobile that burned.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 07/28/22 at 09:12:13

From one of my favorite writers: make sure you read the whole thing and check out the photo at the end.

https://www.manhattancontrarian.com/blog/2022-7-26-connecticut-sets-out-to-sa...

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 07/28/22 at 09:25:52

I had read that article when researching the image.  The math seems sound, they could replace every vehicle with EV and not change anything for "the environment".

One thing I wonder about a bus with Li batteries is they must be all over that thing.  Compared to a fuel tank/lines there is much more fire hazard on an EV bus I would think.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #23 - 07/28/22 at 10:58:44

From Tesla site...
Fire Incidents are ~11x Lower for Tesla Vehicles
From 2012 to 2020, there has been approximately one Tesla vehicle fire for every 205 million miles traveled. By comparison, data show that in the U.S. there is one ICE vehicle fire for every 19 million miles traveled.*

*Based on data gathered by Tesla and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and U.S. Department of Transportation
https://www.tesla.com/impact-report/2020

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 07/28/22 at 11:22:33

Obviously Tesla is paying off the DoT and NFPA to alter their data.  What I witness from my couch is way more accurate than any of those idiots at the NFPA or DoT.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #25 - 07/28/22 at 11:29:12

Apparently,.. the Chevy Bolt is the Ford Pinto of EV's... Grin

Reports do say Hybrids burn the most,.. which makes sense since they carry both batteries and gas.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 07/29/22 at 04:34:59

WebsterMark wrote on 07/28/22 at 05:33:26:
I had a car burn up once. Rather it was my brothers. It was 1979 and we were driving back from the 125 cc outdoor motocross where Broc Glover captured the national championship at a track outside of Omaha in the town of Agency, Nebraska.

We were driving back late Saturday night after having very little sleep for the past couple days. We stopped to get gas in Central Missouri and my brother stupidly filled up his old Pontiac station wagon with diesel.

We made it a few miles before it started to die out but we managed to get off on the Higginsville Missouri exit but it died on the overpass above the highway.

It was late and everything was closed but we had an old gas can. Back then you could take a gas pump off, hold it down, squeeze the handle and drain the gas left in the hose. Not sure you could do that today. We managed to get about a gallon of gas.

By then a cop showed up and we told him what we was going on. We climbed under the car, pulled the gas line off and let about 15 gallons of diesel run out, flowing off bridge and onto the highway. Hey it was 1979, you could do sh! like that.

We put a little bit of gas in the tank and then primed the carburetor. You remember carburetors right? The idea then is for one person to sit in the car, crank it and the other person to add gas if needed until the car started. Then jump in the car and take off. The cop said there was a station a couple of miles away and that was our goal.

Things went bad. The fire started in the carburetor and my brother yelled at me to take my foot off the gas but keep cranking the motor trying to draw the flames back into the cylinder. It didn’t work. The motor caught on fire and all the loose oil made it burn like a tiki torch.

We were stuck in a little town called Higginsville Missouri for a day or so until my two elderly Aunts could drive out and pick us up. My two older brothers came back and towed the car back. My brother then amazingly replaced every single wire in the engine compartment and got the car running again and drove it for another year or two. Until I was driving across an area of the St Louis city dump where we used to ride dirt bikes, going really fast and hit some small rolling hills. I slammed the front end into the face of one and stopped dead. No seatbelt of course so we kissed the windshield. I pretty much finished that car off. I always felt a little bad about that.

Anyway, that’s one internal combustion automobile that burned.

Yea, I know what everyone is going to think on almost any topic. But I don’t know the story of anyone else burning a car or motorcycle to the ground. So tell me. Give me a good personal story to read today.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 07/29/22 at 05:39:59

In Iraq we had ordinance outside of an armored case that exploded and burned the vehicle when we were shot at.  Technically had we secured the ordinance appropriately the vehicle wouldn't have burned, so I take responsibility for the vehicle and personnel loss.

In high school I watched the movie "Surviving the Game" and tested to see if we could blow up an old 3-wheeler by moving the spark plug to the tank.  You can definitely burn it enough to destroy it.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #28 - 07/29/22 at 07:39:10

"Back then you could take a gas pump off, hold it down, squeeze the handle and drain the gas left in the hose."

Early 74’s, drove from Watertown SD to Watertown MN on FREE gas.
2 of us, spent all our money on fireworks in SD, believing the other had enough gas money, we didn’t !

It was late at night coming back, every single gas station we stopped at we took the gas out of the hose.  

Funny, a 72 Impala, with s 350, carb, Auto transmission. Got 20 miles a gallon.
(when driven nice)
And a 2012 one, 40 years later, which weighs half as much, has LESS THAN 1/2 the engine,  and has super duper computer controlled injection,  gets 22 MPG , and is BRAGGED  about !!!!!!

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/07/24 at 07:26:54

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Working out, according to plan

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.