Send Topic Print
I don't understand (Read 35 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
I don't understand
07/10/22 at 14:16:08

I've been believing that the price of gold was going to change in times of inflation. As the Value of a Dollar dropped, relative to a loaf of bread, gallon of gas, it would also drop relative to an ounce of gold. It's Not going up like I thought it would. Howcumizzit staying under $2,000.00??

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Re: I don't understand
Reply #1 - 07/10/22 at 17:36:09

It will go up.
Just that now the Puppet masters are CYA'ing.

They will lose their hold,
and when the paper becomes worthless,
(cause stumblum just says print more)
It will go up.

Still buy at 1800.00 (+/-)
and 2-3% Premium.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 07/10/22 at 17:51:15

Sounds like reasonable advice, for people who Have $1,800.00....

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #3 - 07/10/22 at 18:03:44

An oz of gold in the year 2000 was $279, you can't go wrong in an effort to diversify your portfolio.  

I don't know how, but I suspect the investment banks manipulate that was well.  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 07/10/22 at 18:56:23

I'm not any kind of market wise,but I do know what paper gold is and paper oil is. I guess if Someone has the resources to buy paper gold or oil and dump them on the market to hold the price down. That might be impossible, or impossibly Stewpid, I don't know, but the way I'm seeing things, the cost of living, food,gas,everything is going up,, which I call inflation, but gold is holding just under2,000,,
I should go back and look at it was when Trump was leaving office, since that is when gas started going up. It just seems like gold should be going up more. IDK, if anyone can toss me a nugget ,I'd appreciate it.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 07/10/22 at 21:53:00

My experience has been that the only groups that still claim gold is a hedge against inflation, or recession are ones that sell gold.

Bottom line is the variables are astronomically complex.  There is a reason "diversify" is almost always, and specifically the word "almost" with the exemption of all other known words, almost always used in connection to purchasing gold as investment.

It simply is not as reliable, as people that sell it, say it is.  According to everyone I know that yields positive outcomes in investments, gold to dollar outcomes depend on the type of inflation, cause and duration.  They said the initial gold spike when the US Govt started cutting checks would cap out and that gold would remain the same or drop in value when the CPI (inflation) began.  This is exactly what happened.

Since they all made money in investments last year, and so did I using similar strategies, I would say their assessment that gold is not reliable is accurate.  Basically gold value is ran by investor sentiment, not some magic force that makes it impervious to human desire and instead has it correlate with economic status.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 07/10/22 at 22:44:59

Excellent! Now I won't drop that Quarter Millyun Dollars in it!
It's sure Not behaving the way, as you pointed out, the people who sell it say it would.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #7 - 07/11/22 at 12:58:01

My experience has been that the only groups that claim Bitcoin, (or like) is a hedge against inflation/recession are ones that sell Bitcoin (or like).

Gold, (other P.M.s) should be only Part, of a LONG term investment.
PM's are not usually short term investments.

If you want to play the Platinum/Palladium game,
where one goes up while the other one falls depending on, 'favorite flavor' of, catalytic converter manufacturers announcing that they are switching from platinum to palladium, or vice versa, and supply problems in South Africa and Russia, the two major sources.
Just like Commodities markets, and day trading.

But I would rather punch holes in a piece of paper,
and see how close I can get them.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/07/24 at 09:23:40

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › I don't understand

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.