Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Murrays Carb kit? (Read 211 times)
Smith2
YaBB Newbies

Murrays Carb kit?
07/10/22 at 13:37:33

These look good and seem to be priced in line with the Lancers kits I see mentioned. There doesn't seem to be an active website for the Lancer kit. Anyone have any experience with this carb kit? https://murrayscarbs.com/product/suzuki-boulevard-s40-savage-mikuni-carb-kit-vm3
6-36mm/

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Murrays Carb kit?
Reply #1 - 07/10/22 at 15:27:36

I’m on this site.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 07/10/22 at 16:18:28

WWW   IP Logged
Smith2
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - 07/10/22 at 16:27:45

Is there a Lancer website? That thread is from 2012. There are some recent post but didn't know if the original info was current. That thread also covered a lot of stuff I didn't know was related or not.

Any feedback on Murry's?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 07/10/22 at 16:32:37

Lancer  sells jets. He, and a few others, offer advice, free of charge. We have a few real carb gurus here. Explaining what you are trying to accomplish could get you some much needed input.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #5 - 07/11/22 at 06:43:57

Smith2 wrote on 07/10/22 at 16:27:45:
Is there a Lancer website? That thread is from 2012. There are some recent post but didn't know if the original info was current. That thread also covered a lot of stuff I didn't know was related or not.

Any feedback on Murry's?

I looked at the page you posted, one I had not seen before.  He has a lot of kits for various bikes.  For the LS650 kit he lists a 36mm VM carb, Mikuni cable, and a tube to connect the carb to the air box.
What info are you looking for specifically ?

IP Logged
Smith2
YaBB Newbies

Reply #6 - 07/11/22 at 07:17:18

Basically, any first hand feedback on performance. Just looking for info on the options available for the 650. You get high praise here and many references, but searches outside of this forum show nothing and within the forum are little difficult to navigate (commerce wise). The Murry's came up and was curious as to the differences and comparisons. Being new to the S40 world, I was just trying to gather info on my options and maybe help others who are searching for the same things.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 07/11/22 at 08:25:17

Look,he's Famous,, around here
We didn't say he's
Wurld Faymuss.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #8 - 07/11/22 at 09:46:56

World Famous Locally

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #9 - 07/11/22 at 12:35:33

I haves shipped to every continent in the world except for Africa, no one there has ever ordered.

Murry’s Kit is priced for less but doesn’t have as much; jetted carb but no extra jets mentioned; throttle cable but nothing mentioned about being made to fit the 3 types of throttle attachment; not sure he mentioned a new rubber flange, which is required to mount a VM carb; no carb manual.  He uses the same carb I use, a  36mm VM Mikuni.

The VM is an improvement over the stock CV carb, with significantly better throttle response and a bump in power.  This is a very capable Carburetor, and it’s performance just improves as it is coupled with other components.  If you’re thinking of getting a 36mm VM I encourage you to replace the stock muffler, if not done yet, with a HD Dyna muffler.  It works extremely well on our bike and a used “new takeoff” is low cost.  There are many on eBay or from a local HD dealer.  Good sound and quality construction.

Combining the carb kit with cam & piston replacements will perk that engine Right Up; the change in performance and feel is just a LOT more of what we like this engine for, a great torque engine across the rpm range...  It makes passing trucks and up-hill mountain roads much easier.  It will make you smile.
A carb-cam-piston combo is the basic foundation for an engine performance upgrade on the LS650 engine. All depends on what you may want.

If you decide to order, I take them directly via email or a PM, and use PayPal.

IP Logged
Smith2
YaBB Newbies

Reply #10 - 07/11/22 at 13:01:04

Thanks Lancer. He does include a new flange but no manual or install info. Throttle cables are specified between the 3 types needed. It seems to be the basics of your offering without the extras that would seem to be a major difference. Yours seems to be the better option.

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 07/11/22 at 15:34:05

Someone on here got a Murrays carb and it worked out fine for them.

All things being equal, I would support Lancer because he supports this community.

IP Logged
robb+
YaBB Newbies

Muskegon, Michigan
Reply #12 - 07/15/22 at 06:05:50

I just got the Murray carb, and it is legit. Murray himself I'm not super pleased with.

The carb was plug & play, came with a new intake rubber and tube to the air box (at least that's the option I picked). I got it hooked up and my newly rebuilt engine fired up with 0 issues. Now to the bad.

The bolts I was sent for the new intake were a size too big. Not the biggest deal because I still had the old one and those worked. BUT the throttle cable that came attached to the carb was definitely not for either a Savage or my year (1995). I also purchased a new throttle tube because why not, and he sent out a 7/8ths instead of 1in tube.

I called Murray up and he said he has someone new working for him and got it sent out with the wrong stuff. We agreed that he'd send out the right cable, and I'd send back my old Savage cable, the wrong one he sent originally, and the throttle tube in exchange for a clutch cover gasket he had on the site.

I got the new cable, hooked up, and sent all three items back. He confirmed receipt via email and proceeded to ghost me about the gasket.

Murray's carbs are awesome and totally work. Murray as a person kind of sucks.

IP Logged
SpamyToo

Reply #13 - 07/17/22 at 07:35:06

I believe Murray has stemmed from making custom manifolds for specific bikes, such as using 2 carbs on a Honda CB instead of 4, or on a CX using 1 carb instead of 2.

He has some nice solutions for a lot of bikes.

I think the LS650 stuff might be an attempt to cover more of the market and perhaps may be less tested, by him and buyers as well.  So the kit may be lacking or just plain wrong for some year bikes.

WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #14 - 07/17/22 at 09:43:24

For the LS 650, the relative minor differences between model years does not affect the mounting of a different carb.  Unless the frame is modified of course, then you can end up not being able to mount a carb in the usual position.  😏

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/05/24 at 10:39:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Murrays Carb kit?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.