justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Pretty good question,,,
07/09/22 at 21:13:19

One has to ask: How?
Posted on 07/06/2022 by B
The ATF traced the AR-style rifle to the Highland Park shooter….Supposedly, he “dropped it while fleeing as he blended in with the crowd “. Funny how that works, innit? But either way, the ATF (Fortuitously!) had a firearm to trace.

In. about. an. HOUR. (this is stated by the ATF spokesperson, as interviewed on CBS2Chicago)

On an Independence Day holiday…They had to get the serial number, determine the manufacturer, get access to the database as to where that firearm was shipped….(and if there was a wholesaler involved, contact that company), then contact the retail establishment and find out whom that firearms was ultimately sold to.

Or, alternatively, they had access to the details of the retail sale federal form 4473….which they are not supposed to have.

Remember, this firearm was traced in less than an hour ON A FEDERAL HOLIDAY, according to the ATF spokesperson.. Most businesses were closed. Certainly the departments at Smith and Wesson and the retailer involved were closed. This was, after all, the independence Day holiday (4th of July).

Either they are lying about their access to the 4473’s or they are lying about the shooter…..

Think about that.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Pretty good question,,,
Reply #1 - 07/09/22 at 21:48:11

"Either they are lying about their access to the 4473’s or they are lying about the shooter….."

Or there is a process that the person writing the article didn't think about.

I'd wonder if they didn't already have some information due to confiscating weapons in the past.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #2 - 07/09/22 at 22:20:02

Eegore wrote on 07/09/22 at 21:48:11:

INCORRECT

"They had access to the details
  of the retail sale federal form 4473
  which they are not supposed to have."

CORRECT

When the background checks came in
And all FFL Sales had to call in,
all the Info on the 4473,
    TO THE FBI.

If anyone does not believe
they did not keep
that info on file
are the people
BUYING the Ocean Front lots
in CO.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #3 - 07/10/22 at 03:45:15

Here is one other plausible scenario and it is a long shot.  If the form 4473 was completed electronically, that information goes somewhere.  A registration of the weapon is not added to an all encompassing database of who owns what weapon.  However, a database exists of the sale of the weapon.  They could easily trace the serial number from there.  Small outdoor stores use pen and paper, but big retail chains use the electronic version.  Keep in mind this is speculation and conjecture.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 07/10/22 at 11:16:22

Aaand that extremely unlikely piece of efficiency happened on a holiday weekend.
It's probably not fair to dismiss it out of hand, because sometimes things just work out, but I'm thinking Reeaal Loong Odds ..unlikely, is being kind.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #5 - 07/10/22 at 13:25:05

Come on Jog, don't sugar coat it!  What do you think really happened?

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 07/10/22 at 16:19:53

Eegore wrote on 07/09/22 at 21:48:11:
"Either they are lying about their access to the 4473’s or they are lying about the shooter….."

I'd wonder if they didn't already have some information due to confiscating weapons in the past.

So, A weapon Not previously confiscated was on the list?
The confiscated weapons from when the guy who had never, according to the uncle, shown any indication of being violent, those confiscated weapons were all edged weapons, no firearms reported, and daddy, who eventually helped him buy the gun,complained to the cops that he owned what they confiscated, and they returned them. Not sure I'm following your logic.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 07/10/22 at 16:28:02

"So, A weapon Not previously confiscated was on the list?"

No, a record of weapon confiscation is in his history.  

I would wonder if they track people on those lists more thouroughly.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 07/10/22 at 16:47:28

You found a different report or I just missed that part. The one I saw was just knifes and I Think a Coupla swords,don't remember if it was more than one...
I'm sure I read that the dad had to sign for him to get a gun. If dad signed for him to get a gun, then whose gun Wuzzit? I don't know how that works. Did you see where the uncle said that the kid never did anything that would be a red flag?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 07/10/22 at 19:26:43

You are correct in regards that firearms weren't confiscated, I am just wondering if a tighter eye is ever kept on people with this history.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 07/10/22 at 20:07:35

I'm sure I read that the dad had to sign for him to get a gun.

I'm pretty sure of that.

If dad signed for him to get a gun, then whose gun Wuzzit?

I don't know how that works. Do you?

Did you see where the uncle said that the kid never did anything that would be a red flag?

IDK how important it is that the uncle said they had never seen anything out of that kid that would worry anyone, but I'm pretty sure if any of us here had seen him threaten to kill his entire family, we would weigh and measure that a bit differently.
The dad had to sign for him to get the gun. Does that put any legal liability on him?
Legal liability or not, he carries some blame, in my eyes.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/07/24 at 09:32:40

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Pretty good question,,,

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.