Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Battery Overflow Valve routing (Read 20 times)
2004LS650
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Battery Overflow Valve routing
07/09/22 at 13:29:22

Got back from a ride this morning and noticed a clear tube hanging down from the bottom of the bike, almost touching the ground.  The end of the tube near the ground looks slightly melted. Hopefully the pictures work here…

I did some research and found that this must be the battery overflow valve. It followed it and it’s going into the battery case, so I assume it’s connected correctly on that end. I am hoping the community can help me with this… Where should the other end - the end I am seeing almost touching the ground - be routed?

48C4373E-1F92-4062-A254-196B69ECD435.jpeg
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Battery Overflow Valve routing
Reply #1 - 07/10/22 at 16:38:08

That is fine, right there. Remember it's there if you are ever running a grinder. Don't be slinging sparks at it. The hydrogen the battery makes can pop the battery and sling battery juice around. Then you get to pull a buncha stuff out, mix up baking soda and water and clean everything up and buy a new battery.
Uhhuh, you can ask how I Know so much about that.
Because when I'm not maintaining my All Too Close relationship with gravity, I'm doing something else I will immediately regret.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 15:48:39

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Battery Overflow Valve routing

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.