Send Topic Print
Carburetor Issue (Read 72 times)
Tony9
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carburetor Issue
07/01/22 at 15:37:50

Hello! Just put a sportster muffler on the 2009 S40 and thought ahead so purchased a Stage 3 carb kit. Well, everything has been going fine until I got to taking off the Carburetor. I can't get the throttle cable off of the carb. I have the little lead cylinder on the throttle cable detached from the carb wheel. I even have the carb detached from the engine so I can work on the carb better but I can't get it to the work bench to put in the jets. I took the little clip off of the barrel that holds the throttle cable into the carb body , I pulled up on the throttle cable body, I twisted and pulled on the throttle cable body, I banged on the throttle cable body (kinda gently) thinking it was stuck in the housing. Still can't get it out. Used a penetrate on it thinking it may have rusted in. No go. All I can see is the the throttle cable barrel in another barrel on the carb and they appear firmly stuck together.  Undecided More force needed?

« Last Edit: 07/01/22 at 19:40:24 by Tony9 »  
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Carburetor Issue
Reply #1 - 07/01/22 at 21:02:05

Grab the part the cable attaches to. Rotate it,, as if the throttle cable was pulling it. One side has a slot,dunnitt? Slide the slug sideways.
I have not looked at one in a Coupla years, so, if what I said is Looney Tunes, I'm sorry.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 07/02/22 at 09:01:41

Tony9 wrote on 07/01/22 at 15:37:50:
I can't get the throttle cable off of the carb.
I have the little lead cylinder on the throttle cable detached from the carb wheel.
I even have the carb detached from the engine so I can work on the carb better
I took the little clip off of the barrel that holds the throttle cable into the carb body ,
Still can't get it out.
Used a penetrate on it thinking it may have rusted in. No go.
All I can see is the the throttle cable barrel in another barrel on the carb and they appear firmly stuck together.  Undecided
More force needed?

You've got everything loose.
You've pulled the clip.
Now twist the L shaped cable end and pull.
Inspect the cable clip groove, maybe something is stuck in there.

WWW   IP Logged
Tony9
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 07/02/22 at 15:37:46

Got it! Thanks for the help.Figured it out when I went to bed last night reviewing what I had written about a "Barrel in a barrel". And yes one of the barrels had a slot in it. DOH! ... I was trying to take the whole housing off not just the cable in the housing!!! Here's a pic, just got it all put back together. (Needs an air filter yet.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 07/02/22 at 18:16:07

Yaaay!!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 03:28:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Carburetor Issue

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.