Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ATS - 1997 Custom Savage in great condition (Read 60 times)
Miller126
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

ATS - 1997 Custom Savage in great condition
07/01/22 at 13:39:30

1997 Suzuki Savage.  Owned since 2014.  Did conversion immediately as I didn’t like the riding position.  I am 5’11.5” tall and 225 lbs.  This configuration fits be fine, but I am a little tall from the waist up, and short from the waist down.  32” inseam.  Just so you know the legroom.

After researching Ryca designs, I found a photo where someone set a triumph seat on a Savage, and I thought, “I can make that work”.

Only purchased the front fork drop kit and foot pegs from Ryca.  Duplicated the Ryca rearset bracket from the pictures.  Built a frame for a stock triumph seat, relocated the tail lights for optional thick leather saddle bags. Built a custom bracket to make the rear brakes activate the stock brake light switch. Added a Harley sportster handlebar.  Slightly relocated the tail lamp so the seat would fit correctly. Re-Jetted for the exhaust, which is a mix to two different exhausts… Long story but sound better.  Welded up a modified cam chain tensioner to extend it.  Fixed the leaks, adjusted the valves, replaced the clutches and installed a heavy duty set of clutch springs.  Raised the back of the fuel tank by ¾”.  While lowering the front I replaced the seals and dust seals.  Put new front pads on it… (11,000 miles ago).  Sectioned the side covers to fix the additional gap from the higher seat.  The seat is a no tool required removal using two boat style push pins one on each side.  Same with quick release saddle bags, and the tiny luggage rack.  Luggage rack is design specifically for a Nelson Rigg bag that fits perfect for extra storage.  Changed to a slightly taller rear coil overs to lift the back a little.  Added the bar end mirrors.  Also bought the newer rear side supports that did not have the sissy bar support to clean up the look.

Also relocated the kickstand back making a new housing for the stock kickstand.  FYI it no longer has the switch to disable starting.

Bike is comfortable at speeds up to and slightly over 75mph.  I can say that 85mph and it feels a little unhappy.  Tires don’t have 200 miles on them.

So I put almost 11,000 miles on this bike in this configuration.  It was my first motorcycle.  Commute was 75 miles round trip in country and city and it was comfortable for that.  Slight forward lean helps with wind and with that large seat you can scoot back if you going faster to help more.  Also has USB charger and phone holder.  All paint is DuPont base coat clear coat 2k Urethane.

Long story short I bought my sons larger honda later on, then my brothers 2006 Road King.  After fixing all the twin cam issues before they blew the motor up, its now my favorite and soon to be only bike.

Oh, and I still have all the parts that I took off that I will include.

Asking $3000.00

Photos show it but it has 20055 miles on it.

Conowingo, MD.
« Last Edit: 07/01/22 at 15:36:34 by Miller126 »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/12/24 at 15:51:44

General CategoryThe Marketplace › ATS - 1997 Custom Savage in great condition

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.