YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: I now have 3!
Reply #15 - 06/30/22 at 03:33:08

Smerft85 wrote on 06/27/22 at 21:08:20:
One for the wife, one for me to just fix up back to factory and the third will eventually get a weld on hardtail even though the roads around here are terrible.  :'(

Before you weld on a hardtail..........I would replace the shocks with struts and see how "hateful" the ride becomes.

I really can't understand how anyone can ride a hardtail - yesterday I hit a bump in the road that threw me out of the seat on my BMW that has lots of suspension travel......I can't imagine doing that on a bike with a hardtail (I would have been launched over the handlebars).

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Fast 650

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Valrico, FL
Reply #16 - 06/30/22 at 06:50:57

Dave wrote on 06/30/22 at 03:33:08:
I really can't understand how anyone can ride a hardtail - yesterday I hit a bump in the road that threw me out of the seat on my BMW that has lots of suspension travel......I can't imagine doing that on a bike with a hardtail (I would have been launched over the handlebars).

I have had a few hardtails over the years and they aren't nearly as bad as people make them out to be if that is what you started out on and learned how to ride them. Most people who try a hardtail for the first time will ride it like it was their own bike with suspension so cushy that they can ride over cinderblocks and not know it. They will blast through every pothole they see on the hardtail and then complain about how bad the ride is. The trick to riding a hardtail is to watch out for bumps or potholes and avoid hitting them while slowing down for the ones that you can't avoid.

IP Logged
Smerft85
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 06/30/22 at 06:54:35

Wife also has an 04 1200 sportster that we put a 3" slammer kit on so she could reach (she's only 4'11"), that bike may as well have a hardtail rear. So far I'm the only one able to ride that one and it's given me a sneak peak of what a hardtail will be like. Whichever one I put the hardtail on won't be ridden regularly anyway, with 12 other bikes to choose from there's no need to make it my daily ride. I fully agree if this was my every day ride though, I wouldnt do it at all if I didn't have options nor would I recommend it to anyone else for their only bike. Only reason I want to do it anyway is for that old school bobber look, and it just doesn't look right with a set of shocks in my opinion.

IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Reply #18 - 06/30/22 at 10:34:07

That spray straw has to be the coolest thing I ever saw.  Pretty neat trick.  Both valves, what are the odds?  Thanks for the pics.

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
Smerft85
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 07/10/22 at 11:31:04

Well I wasn't lucky enough with the 97 for it to be just the plug, as trivial as it may sound, I'm going to pull the exhaust and make sure I don't have another squirt straw conundrum on my hands, then I'll check into timing. For now I'm borrowing a few things from it for the other two so I can get them road worthy.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 15:48:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I now have 3!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.