Send Topic Print
Mt Rushmore (Read 118 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Mt Rushmore
Reply #15 - 06/30/22 at 10:40:38

Trump’s bust on the mountain is getting bigger.

The Supremes today put the chief abuser of power among the alphabet agencies, the EPA, in their place by basically saying they have no authority to rule by bureaucratic fiat. They can’t take the inch they were given, and turn it into a mile. Good for the Supremes because these agencies are out of control. For example, why does the EPA need armed agents with arrest powers? Isn’t that why we have local law enforcement?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 06/30/22 at 11:02:02

"For example, why does the EPA need armed agents with arrest powers? Isn’t that why we have local law enforcement?"

It's not efficient enough.  EPA law enforcement is not just called up to arrest some CEO that allegedly approved dumping some barrels into a lake.  EPA LEO can spend years investigating very elaborate corporate structures.

If the EPA was just a bunch of chemists they would need local law enforcement almost daily to enter facilities, run drones, serve warrants to gain samples etc.  Then who is doing the local policing?  Now this is not equal to saying the EPA "should have" or any other known words synonymous with the words "Should" or "Have" an excessive amount of LEO on staff.

They do need some to manage the safety and legal parameters of conducting investigations and it is more efficient to staff those people.

The question to me isn't why they have LEO, it is why would they need to expand that branch?  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 06/30/22 at 11:15:12

Who keeps EPA from running roughshod over the People?
I've seen reports of a rancher digging a watering hole for his livestock ,the cattle use That water and that water only, and when said rancher wants to move the herd to another area, he digs a watering hole away from the first, and fills in the first. Forcing the herd to move. Sure, he could build fences all across HIS LAND and herd them to where he wants them, and then have to maintain the fences. But moving their water is the simplest answer. Aaand, along comes EPA, telling him he can't destroy the Wetlands HE created, because migratory birds use it. As if they can't find the new one?
I'm sure they do some good, but they are also abusive and unreasonable.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #18 - 06/30/22 at 12:08:07

Forget Mt Rushmore,... Trump deserves his own mountain.
... in Russia...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 06/30/22 at 14:35:57

They’ve abused their power, that’s what The Supremes said. I would be willing to take the cost of the LEO forces for all the alphabet agencies and divide that amongst the states as a grant to hire more LEOs. They would never do that. You know why?

Because they want the power to go in and shut something down as opposed to convincing a local magistrate, judge, sheriff that they have a valid case to shut something down. I’ve seen the stories that jog is referring to.

We saw what the FDA did during the pandemic. They basically forced businesses to close with no rational reasoning behind it and against the will of both the owners and the customers. I do think we need to rein in some of the power these alphabet agencies have accumulated.

And, keep in mind, a change in administration changes leadership at the top of these agencies which changes their focus, for the good or bad.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #20 - 06/30/22 at 14:44:27

Serowbot wrote on 06/24/22 at 11:07:23:
"The site god's must be peeved with you ..."

WOW,
Coming from one who believes,
in not believing !

"The site god's"
Is that like the, 'Tree, Mountain, Water, Earth, Sky, Weather, Hunting, Growing, Traveling, AOC, etc, etc, etc, etc, 'Gods' ?

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #21 - 06/30/22 at 16:01:08

Whatever

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #22 - 06/30/22 at 16:29:25

' why does the EPA need armed agents '

Simple,
So they can enforce a 20.000.000.00 fine
for landowners building
    Ponds,
just because they did not lick,
EPA's  AZZ.

And they can repel all the people affected,
when the EPA says, 'oops',
for KILLING Rivers !

One of the first things TRUMP did,
was to STOP, their outrageous actions,
(which looked a LOT like 'someone' wanting a Left Hand Dollar)

But of course, mush-for-brains,
Immediately Reversed that !

Ah, but the Pudden Head Puppet,
dos not do mean tweets !!!!!!

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 07/01/22 at 06:00:21

" I would be willing to take the cost of the LEO forces for all the alphabet agencies and divide that amongst the states as a grant to hire more LEOs. They would never do that. You know why?"

From a logistics and training standpoint this would be very inefficient in comparison to an organization training and employing their own LEO specific to the needs of that organization.

The EPA for instance would need to provide specialized training to any LEO working for them anyway since the operations are not universal.  This is not equal to saying the EPA should have millions of LEO officers operating with impunity, it only means what I have actually said, that allocating funds across 50 States is less efficient than allocating funds directly to the organization using them.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 07/01/22 at 06:50:16

There are lots of things that are inefficient but correct.

I don’t believe the EPA should have the authority to close down a facility or take action on private property without some form of due process. Right now, a bureaucrat can arbitrarily make a decision based on their perceived and biased view of circumstances being in opposition to rules and regulations made up by the biased EPA, that completely bankrupts a person.

Now, you could argue that those steps are necessary to ensure environmental protection but I would argue they have abused those rights repeatedly and in this West Virginia case, stepped far beyond their congressional mandate so this is their own fault.

Stop the whole thing now and start over. Maybe this time they’ll recognize the congressional bounds that our elected representatives have set for them and not go past those fences.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 07/01/22 at 07:15:52

"I don’t believe the EPA should have the authority to close down a facility or take action on private property without some form of due process."

I agree but I do not think removing their LEO division and handing it off to thousands of individual counties would stop that.  The issue isn't that the EPA has a LEO division and some are armed, it's that the EPA has too much authority to act without enough probable cause.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #26 - 07/01/22 at 07:28:57

Efficiency isn't the goal. Inefficiency is baked into the cake intentionally. It's a lot more efficient to Not require search warrants,and just let cops knock on a door and go in. The EPA are using their Policies to make laws. They are hurting people who are doing what any intelligent rancher would do, by not letting him decide where the herd gets its water. Having them local makes them more accountable. They have been running roughshod for a long time.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 07/01/22 at 07:41:24

" It's a lot more efficient to Not require search warrants,and just let cops knock on a door and go in."

The EPA does need a warrant, they have no exemption from the 4th Amendment.  EC-P-1999-017 clarifies that entry must follow the regular procedures of law.  

UIC inspector protocols are different but still do not give permission for "cops" to "knock on a door and go in".  That's a regularly propagated lie where nobody provides evidence of it actually happening.  But if someone doesn't like the EPA it doesn't matter what the truth is, they will just believe the EPA is exempt from warrants anyway.

Since people historically won't read references I pulled this part out:

the EPA, gain access to private property in one of two ways: (1) by getting the consent of the business or (2) by going to a magistrate judge and obtaining an administrative search warrant.

If EPA inspectors appear at your farm, you should immediately contact your lawyer before answering any questions or allowing the inspectors onto the nonpublic areas of your property. Here are some key action steps.

Unless the inspectors have a warrant, you have the right to refuse the inspection and ask the inspectors to leave. The inspectors will then have two options, either negotiate a convenient time to conduct the search with you (and ideally your lawyer) or turn to the courts in an attempt to obtain a search warrant.

https://www.natlawreview.com/article/know-your-rights-when-environmental-prot...

https://www.epa.gov/sites/default/files/2018-06/documents/legal_requirements_...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #28 - 07/01/22 at 07:47:44

It's a lot more efficient to Not require search warrants,

You seem interested in efficiency.
Did I indicate in any way that cops or any of the alphabet agencies Don't need a warrant? Nope,,
But thanks for correcting me.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 07/01/22 at 07:59:44

"It's a lot more efficient to Not require search warrants,"

I misunderstood your comment.  I was under the impression you meant the EPA didn't need to do this.

I'm still not sure how using local law enforcement would make the EPA more accountable.  Local LEO couldn't refuse to serve a warrant or hinder a Federal investigation without being prosecuted themselves.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 13:05:09

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Mt Rushmore

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.