Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Did Carson v. Makin violate the 1st? (Read 31 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Did Carson v. Makin violate the 1st?
06/22/22 at 08:36:41

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/20-1088_dbfi.pdf

I understand the general logic of not discriminating against private schools but isn't issuing State tax money to any religious based functions technically a violation of Church and State?

At the end of the day the parents are deciding where their kid goes to school, within the bounds of each schools acceptance policies, and due to the lack of actual public school availability.  So where does the 1st fit in exactly?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Did Carson v. Makin violate the 1st?
Reply #1 - 06/23/22 at 05:10:20

Well, the Supreme Court said no, which means in our Republic, it does not violate the 1st. Case closed. Literally in this case.

But if you have concerns, think of it this way. The private school gets income from other sources and it uses those as payment for any supplies, building expenses and a portion of salaries that are allocated for any religious teaching that occurs throughout the course of a day. The public tax money they receive is allocated for any secular education that occurs throughout the course of a day such as reading, writing and arithmetic.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/24/22 at 06:44:12

This sounds a lot like the Planned Parenthood argument that tax funds do not go towards abortion procedures.  Either way I personally don't have issue with these decisions, especially since in this case public schooling is not an option at all, yet taxes are still paid.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 06/24/22 at 07:42:47

Eegore wrote on 06/24/22 at 06:44:12:
 This sounds a lot like the Planned Parenthood argument that tax funds do not go towards abortion procedures.  Either way I personally don't have issue with these decisions, especially since in this case public schooling is not an option at all, yet taxes are still paid.

Very good Eegore. I’ve caught others in that trap and watched the babbling afterwards trying to find a way out but you stepped right over it by sticking with logic. Well done.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #4 - 06/24/22 at 09:48:01

“… This sounds a lot like the Planned Parenthood argument that tax funds do not go towards abortion procedures. …”

Which we all know,
is funded by the forced/required,
      Tax collection,
Which is well documented,
(regardless if you use it or not)
And  90+%, of them,
are for simple convenience.

“… especially since in this case public schooling is not an option at all,
yet taxes are still paid….”

Just as the,
forced/required, Tax collection,
from the Fed/State/School District.
(Regardless if one has children or not)
which is well documented.

Is 90% of the forced collection,
for the funding of schools,
       frivolous ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:20:42

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Did Carson v. Makin violate the 1st?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.