Send Topic Print
2014 S40, SOLD (Read 159 times)
Mechaniac
YaBB Newbies

Lisa

Magnolia, Texas, USA
2014 S40, SOLD
05/31/22 at 12:59:07

I reluctantly putting for sale my wife's bike.  She got pretty good at riding it then decided she had to have a trike, now that she does this one rarely gets used, I have several of my own.  I'm a mechanic shop owner and lifelong gear-head hot-rodder so I did a bunch to this bike, many things and ideas found on this forum.  I figured I'd offer it here first.

It's a 2014 we bought new a few years back, we drove a bit to get this color scheme still in showroom.  
Currently has 1350 miles and is in really good shape.  Only a couple minor flaws (small scuff on LH case and minor discoloring/corrosion at exhaust pipe to Dyna Muffler joint that had a leak at one time.  The rest is very nice.

Engine:
I contacted Lancer and he sent me a carb re-jet along with a Thunder Racing Vari-Jet Kit.  Good mileage cruising and great top end power that is easily adjusted even on the fly.
Harley Dyna Muffler installed with a RYCA joint, fits and looks like stock, deeper mellow sound, more flow.
Dave's Cool Stuff engine belt sprocket with 3 more teeth than stock.
Powder Coated black.  This allowed her to cruise at 70 MPH with the rest of us all day without buzzing her-self numb.  Can get through a traffic intersection from a stop in first gear.  Bike will top out over 100 though speedo is a little off showing 95+.  Five-speed has useable range spread now.
Otherwise, stock on third oil change.  Starts right up and runs like a top.

Body:
IMHO best factory color scheme they produced.  Very reminiscing of a nice looking Harley Sportster but at 85% scale.
National Cycle Ranger Windshield that has the classic cruiser look and is size proportionate to the bike.  Not too tall so a smaller rider can see over and yet still have chest protection and more comfort on longer rides.  It is a little adjustable in rake and height but it takes a few minutes and tools.
Custom case guard or crash bar imported from Europe.  There was a bike shop in Belgium selling these, just big enough unlike the too small Suzuki accessories part.  I put a review article on site you can look at but sadly it seems this part is out of production now.  At the time I had to dig hard to find it and it took a while in shipping but it's perfect.
It has the Suzuki Accessory luggage rack and sissy bar in seat matching upholstery all without a blemish.
I've installed Viking saddle bags, love them on every bike I've put them on.  They are a small size that fits bike well yet will still hold plenty of stuff. They are nestled between turn signals and center of shock at similar angle.  Won't fit a full sized lap-top but just about anything else in reason.  They are lockable and bike comes with the keys.

Bike is located in Magnolia Texas, just NW of the Houston Area.  I'm available to show it most of the time.  No test rides without cash in my hand.  I can demo it for you.

Asking $5500.  Dealers want the same or more for less bike and charge all those dealer fees.

I'm willing to help with shipping if you want it and need that but bike must be paid for first and you arrange it.  Prefer in person pick-up and I can pick you up at Bush Airport during day.  Bike can be ridden anywhere.

Clear blue Texas title in our name ready to go.

Vernon
(832) 797-9514 no calls or texts before 8AM or after 9PM Central please.
Email: ManicV6Mechanic@Hotmail.com

« Last Edit: 04/03/23 at 14:15:48 by verslagen1 »  
  IP Logged
Mechaniac
YaBB Newbies

Lisa

Magnolia, Texas, USA
Re: 2014 S40, low miles, nicely equipped, $6K Texa
Reply #1 - 05/31/22 at 13:25:39

Pics:  Camera is too good shows things not even visible in person, lol.
If you click on a picture it will blow up.

« Last Edit: 01/18/23 at 11:15:01 by Mechaniac »  
  IP Logged
wheelbender6

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/02/22 at 18:11:25

Is this the Dave that sold you the  front pulley?
https://www.facebook.com/rattlerdd.dirty/

IP Logged
Mechaniac
YaBB Newbies

Lisa

Magnolia, Texas, USA
Reply #3 - 06/06/22 at 14:18:52

Ha, no.  That's Dirty Dave.  The Cool Stuff I used was from Suzuki Savage Dave:
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1547122232

Any reasonable offers?

Vernon

IP Logged
SCS40

Riding again after a
19 year hiatus

Easley, SC
Reply #4 - 06/08/22 at 19:36:59

Love that color scheme along with the euclase sliver/white. My faves.

Do you still have the OEM muffler by chance? If so, I'm interested.

2006 S40 Euclase Silver: K&N drop-in, Duracell AGM, Raptor petcock, and ONLY pure gas (E0) https://www.pure-gas.org/ Otherwise Bone Stock and love it!

My Spotify Artist Page: https://open.spotify.c
WWW   IP Logged
Mechaniac
YaBB Newbies

Lisa

Magnolia, Texas, USA
Reply #5 - 01/04/23 at 09:11:17

Sorry, I didn't get a notification. The OEM muffler was sold to a local friend who's original fell off.  She is a bit non mechanical, told her boyfriend my bike got really loud on the way home.  He came out to inspect it and pointed out that the muffler was missing.  They went back to look for it, but it was gone.  She was working for me at the time, sold the bike to a roommate shortly after this all happened.  Only telling because I think it's funny.

IP Logged
Gamma742
YaBB Newbies

2003 Suzuki Savage
LS650

San Diego, CA
Re: 2014 S40, low miles, nicely equipped, $5500K T
Reply #6 - 02/19/23 at 10:00:53

My wife started riding on a 2003 Savage and longs to return to this bike as we continue to age together.. Maybe this is the one. I like all of the mods you have done and this color reminds me of the H-D 105th Anniversary bikes from 2008. Now that we're both crossing over the age 65. This might to a good move for us (being that she's 5'0" and under 110 lbs.

NoiSavage.jpg

Was supposed to be for the wife, but was it???
  IP Logged
Mechaniac
YaBB Newbies

Lisa

Magnolia, Texas, USA
Reply #7 - 02/20/23 at 07:04:39

Indeed,  our wives are very similar to each other.  My wife is stuck on the trike.  I'm familiar with the 2008 HD, one of our best friends inherited her fathers and another acquaintance has one.

This Savage is really nice.  I know I'm asking top dollar, but that's what it's worth to me.  I would be willing to help ship once the checks cleared.  I live NW of Houston, many shipping options here.  I'm very busy trying to get ready for a dual-sport rally in Big Bend that will be over 2nd week of March.

Vernon

IP Logged
Mechaniac
YaBB Newbies

Lisa

Magnolia, Texas, USA
Reply #8 - 04/03/23 at 09:28:36

Sold for $5,500.

Thanks,
Vernon

IP Logged