Send Topic Print
Here's how it works (Read 166 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Here's how it works
Reply #15 - 05/30/22 at 04:42:52

I have no problem with schools asking for trained volunteers out of their staff to carry. The simple truth is every teacher Who finds themselves barricaded in a classroom certainly would wish they had a gun in her hands. but you can’t make people carry.

But look, I just read the actual statistics and there have been 16 mass school shootings since 1966. Let’s not go crazy. Retrofit schools with a single entry point and other common sense security measures. Follow through with the gun laws that are actually on the books right now.

At this point, we very well could be at a place where 10 times as many people have been murdered in inner cities as were killed in Texas school shooting. That matters. It matters because it should temper our response from an emotional knee-jerk reaction driven mostly by political posturing to something more logical that actually has results. Of course we all know we won’t do that.

We’ll scream and holler about gun control and blame everything on a couple senators who hold out and then a hundred million dollars will be spent on commercials between now and November about how Republicans want to kill school kids because the NRA gave them some campaign cash.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #16 - 05/30/22 at 10:47:45

Eegore wrote on 05/29/22 at 22:45:14:
"...  Incorrect, they can use the minimum amount of force necessary to stop the assault. ..."

A school teacher,
that is less physically capable than a
Violent Student, is the norm.
So using the
"minimum amount of force necessary to stop the assault"
would be a stretch.
AND, that teacher, would have to PROVE,
beyond any shadow of a doubt,
they believed their life was in danger,
and no way else, except striking the Student back,
would save their life.

They cannot Stab back.
They are NOT ALLOWED to have a knife.
A Student with a knife,
has a distinct advantage over someone without.

They cannot shoot back.
They are  NOT ALLOWED to have a Gun.
A Student with a Gun,
trumps all physical differences.

"... Incorrect.  
No teacher anywhere has to allow a student
to murder them ..."

Golly Gee, If a Student is bigger and stronger than the Teacher.
Or if the Student has a knife, gun, baseball bat, hockey stick, etc.
Don't think the, teacher, has much choice.

"...Just be honest and say that,
not allowing a teacher to be armed,
greatly reduces their ability
to defend themselves and others,
especially in events
where the assailant is armed
with a weapon of their own.."

Great Idea,
instead of you saying:
"... No teacher anywhere
has to allow a student to murder them.
They can defend themselves..."

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 05/30/22 at 11:15:20

A school teacher,
that is less physically capable than a
Violent Student, is the norm.
So using the
"minimum amount of force necessary to stop the assault"
would be a stretch.
AND, that teacher, would have to PROVE,
beyond any shadow of a doubt,
they believed their life was in danger,
and no way else, except striking the Student back,
would save their life.

Yeah it's called law.  Teachers can't assault students without reason, no more than any other human.  The difference is you are trying to say that if they don't have guns they don't have the right to defend themselves.  If they have that right "removed" they can't exercise it without penalty.

This is wrong - no teacher anywhere has to allow an assault to commence upon their person if they lack the possession of a firearm.

You are mixing the "removal" of a right with "ability" and this fools nobody.  Nobody is going to believe a teacher is not allowed to hit somebody assaulting them unless that teacher has a gun - then they can defend themselves, and only then.

Why is it so hard to be honest and just say that denying teachers the ability to carry a firearm greatly reduces their ability to defend themselves and others?  Why go overboard and make it sound like teachers without guns have to let crimes happen or can't do anything at all?

No gun = "remove" right to defend.

"Removed" right to defend = let the assailant do what they want, no actions allowed that could "defend" because that right is "removed".

"Golly Gee, If a Student is bigger and stronger than the Teacher.
Don't think the, teacher, has much choice."

No they do not have to let a person murder them.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 05/30/22 at 11:57:59

You know the difference. You know the topic. An ARMED Assailant, murdering children and teachers. Not a slap fight. The school did not allow teachers, even if they were legally able to concealed carry, to have their Second amendment rights in the school.
Now, stop pretending that is Not the conversation.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #19 - 05/30/22 at 12:05:15

Wasn't quite sure if your previous post was,
'Spin', or 'Defending'.
Now I know it was Spin.

Eegore wrote on 05/30/22 at 11:15:20:
"...   No they do not have to let a person murder them.  

Perhaps you missed the part;

If a Student is bigger and stronger than the Teacher.

Don't think the, teacher, has much choice

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 05/30/22 at 12:20:14

"Perhaps you missed the part;

If a Student is bigger and stronger than the Teacher.
Don't think the, teacher, has much choice"

Perhaps you missed the part about mixing "Ability" with "Remove".

If their right is "removed" they have No choice.  Saying that not allowing guns is "removing" the right to defend oneself that is a feeble attempt at making it sound worse than it is.

Your example is about ability.  My example is about removal.  Not allowing guns does not "remove" the right to defend oneself.  It greatly reduces it.  Why can't you just be honest about that?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 05/30/22 at 12:21:10

"You know the difference. You know the topic. An ARMED Assailant, murdering children and teachers. Not a slap fight. The school did not allow teachers, even if they were legally able to concealed carry, to have their Second amendment rights in the school.
"

Stop pretending that if a teacher doesn't have a gun their rights are "Removed".  They aren't.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #22 - 05/30/22 at 12:23:17

Eegore wrote on 05/30/22 at 11:15:20:
"... you are trying to say that if they don't have guns they don't have the right to defend themselves. ..."

So instead of telling,
what someone, 'should' think/say.

You, are telling me,
what I am thinking
"...trying to say...".

I find it very interesting that a group of people,
are adamant about a Woman having a 'Choice',
whether or not to Kill her Baby,
for simply convenience sake.

Do NOT WANT a 'Teacher' to have a 'Choice',
on whether or not to get KILLED or injured.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 05/30/22 at 12:37:01

"So instead of telling,
what someone, 'should' think/say.

You, are telling me,
what I am thinking "...trying to say..."."

Good deflection.  Indicating what someone is trying to do is not equal to indicating what they think.

The words you are using convey specific things.  The word "removal" means removal, not restriction or reduction.  

"Removing" a Right is not restricting or reducing.  

So lets restructure my statement:

The words you are using convey that the inability to carry a firearm "removes" a Right.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #24 - 05/30/22 at 12:53:01

Eegore wrote on 05/30/22 at 12:37:01:
"...   The words you are using convey that the inability to carry a firearm "removes" a Right...."

Let me fix that for you:
The words you are using convey that the inability to carry a firearm,
because you are not allowed to, (not by any crime/illness/etc) "removes" a Right...."

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #25 - 05/30/22 at 12:58:02

Eegore wrote on 05/30/22 at 12:21:10:
"You know the difference. You know the topic. An ARMED Assailant, murdering children and teachers. Not a slap fight. The school did not allow teachers, even if they were legally able to concealed carry, to have their Second amendment rights in the school.
"

Stop pretending that if a teacher doesn't have a gun their rights are "Removed".  They aren't.  

Their Second Amendment rights, to keep and bear arms, is REMOVED.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 05/30/22 at 12:58:07

"Let me fix that for you:
The words you are using convey that the inability to carry a firearm,
because you are not allowed to, (not by any crime/illness/etc) "removes" a Right...."
"

Got it.

That is wrong.  Teachers that are not allowed to carry a firearm still possess the Right defend themselves.  The "Right" is not "removed".

They can not do it with a firearm at locations where they are not allowed to carry one.  Just like all other humans.

Why can't you just be honest about that?  Spin required on this issue for some reason?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #27 - 05/30/22 at 13:03:44

So,teach is just supposed to stop a gunman.

You are playing a very disturbing game.

The PROBLEM is the rule that stops teach from pulling a GUN and protecting the kids and themselves. If you think they would be Uncomfortable with a gun,imagine needing to rush the guy with a ball point pen  Teach is probably not gonna be James Bond.
You are working so hard to limit real discussion. Why? It's ABOUT teach not being Able to Carry.
You want a thread on how many other ways there are to defend against an ARMED, MURDEROUS NUTJOB
Fire it up!

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 05/30/22 at 14:49:09

"Their Second Amendment rights, to keep and bear arms, is REMOVED."

Yeah.  Not their Right to defend themselves.  No part of removing a firearm strips anyone of the right to protect themselves - but by saying it that way we can make it sound worse.  OMG teachers have to let a criminal assault them and children unless they have a gun!

If I say removing guns from teachers "removes" their Right to Free Speech would that be accurate?  Of course not.

As for a right to bear arms, it's never exactly been universal.  For instance private land owners or regulators can restrict firearm presence.  Is the Right "removed"?  That's up for debate, as I am not required to go on a plane, or be a teacher, so my "Right" still exists, but by definition is restricted.

"You are working so hard to limit real discussion. Why? It's ABOUT teach not being Able to Carry."

Because real discussion doesn't need lies to prove their point.  I think teachers should be able to be armed, but would never try to claim, falsely, that their right to "defend themselves" is "stripped".  Thats just plain dishonest.  I'd rather call it what it actually, really is so the discussion is not this exaggerated nonsense.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #29 - 05/31/22 at 14:28:03

Exactly what the FUKK is your goal here? It looks like you're really determined to undermine a regular conversation. A stranger walking by Might conclude your goal is to stifle a regular conversation by playing with some very serious hair splitting. I've explained it and you insist on playing little games. WTFis wrong with you? Nobody said teach can't FIGHT,? One MORE MUTHERFUKKIN TIME.. Because teachers are not Allowed to CARRY A GUN, their SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS is removed. Now YOU need to stop pretending that is Not the topic.

I'm goin to get completely rude with you if you keep playing your game.
?STOPPIT!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/07/24 at 13:26:23

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Here's how it works

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.