Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Re: If guns are no threat
Reply #30 - 06/01/22 at 17:11:46

Eegore wrote on 06/01/22 at 10:25:52:
"...   I know its called Napoleonic Code ..."

It is Napoleonic LAW,
is is, ALSO, called, (Recently) Napoleonic Code.

Which is prevalent in the Australian Law Dictionary.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #31 - 06/01/22 at 17:16:16

Eegore wrote on 05/31/22 at 20:53:02:
"...  I didn't say they had the right to take your food, I said the exact opposite of that.

Please Refresh, when did you said:
the government has no ‘right’ to take your food

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #32 - 06/01/22 at 17:21:02

Eegore wrote on 06/01/22 at 10:25:52:
"...  MnSpring addresses this and you are cool with it, but if I say it you get all worked up...." 

Perhaps it is because;
I have never TOLD JOG, “…That is wrong...”
I have never told JOG ‘what to think.
I have never told JOG ‘how to think.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 06/01/22 at 18:02:19

"Please Refresh, when did you said:
the government has no ‘right’ to take your food
’"

What do you mean?  JoG claims I said the Government has the "right" to take your food.  They do not, I never said they did.

"Perhaps it is because;
I have never TOLD JOG, “…That is wrong...”
I have never told JOG ‘what to think.
I have never told JOG ‘how to think.
"

When JoG claims 10 percent of children are dying from heart attacks and millions of kids aren't dead, he is wrong.  When he cites a court case that never existed, that is wrong.  When he claims hydroxychloroquine is a "proven cure" he is wrong, people that take it can still get Covid.  When he provides information he won't read and I read it and tell him what it says, he tells me I'm wrong.  He's sending me PM's telling me to "SHUT UP", I wouldn't even think to send anyone messages like that.

I could care less what or how he thinks.  If anyone tells me that 2000 US Soldiers a day are being disabled, I'm not concerned how they think, I am concerned that that number is inaccurate.  My issue is the number, not JoG.

"It is Napoleonic LAW,
is is, ALSO, called, (Recently) Napoleonic Code
."

Napoleonic Code:

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Napoleonic-Code

"enacted on March 21, 1804"

Recent?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #34 - 06/02/22 at 00:53:09

JoG claims I said the Government has the "right" to take your food.  They do not, I never said they did.

I did not say that

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 06/02/22 at 07:31:43

"I did not say that"

I never said to trust the CDC but you consistently claim I did.  So using that action, what we actually say, historically, is not pertinent to what can be claim has been said.

As for this conversation I must have misunderstood your comment and was wrong:

"It's scary that you seem to have connections in government.
We are not under Napoleonic law. Our constitution is not designed to limit the people. It's limitation on government. How can anyone believe that a free citizen does Not have the Right to purchase From the grocery store?
Come on,, tell us exactly how the government has a right to take my store of food.
"

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #36 - 06/03/22 at 10:35:26

After trying several times to copy and paste the last sentence of your post, I give.
All I can say is
I'm having to rethink my opinion of you.
I do wish you could say something about where you have been. You kinda disappeared for a while. Can you talk about it?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #37 - 06/03/22 at 11:41:23

I was in Białystok Poland and then finished setting up an away-team at Katterbach Kaserne Germany.  Nothing exciting, just some contract work.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #38 - 06/03/22 at 12:43:32

Eegore wrote on 06/03/22 at 11:41:23:
 I was in Białystok Poland and then finished setting up an away-team at Katterbach Kaserne Germany.  Nothing exciting, ....

Nothing exciting?... I'm excited when I go to Arby's... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #39 - 06/03/22 at 13:00:48

You wouldn't keep stuff kinda to yourself, would you?
If I Ever find myself at Arbys, I'm having a coffee flavored malt.
They have one in Tyler, but it's been YEEERZ since wve been there.
What we do have is a place called Andy's. EauxMuGaawd,,, a strawberry malt? Yeah, a dude could suffer with Not doing what his heart wants..

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #40 - 06/04/22 at 12:55:51

Interesting bit of trivia...
In the past 100 days, 262 children have been killed in the Ukraine.
We in the US average 1500 children per year killed by guns.

Ukraine is at war.  Huh

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #41 - 06/04/22 at 13:18:28

Duude, tragic as that is, and Yes, that is heartbreaking levels of tragic, context is still important. How many of those Children are gang bangers? How many of them were armed and trying to kill the people who killed them? We simply can not allow ourselves to fall victim to the feelings that such tragedy would create. It's important that we understand the whole of it. Who Are these Children and where were they and what were they doing? Were they in any of those cities where guns are illegal? It's gonna take more than raw numbers to understand the whole of the situation.
It's Ten O'clock, do you know where your children are?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #42 - 06/04/22 at 13:44:37

To me, the "who what where why's" don't matter,... that's just circumstance.  Urban environments, poverty, congestion,... at home, at school, in public.  
All these things happen in all countries, yet we have all these killings where other countries don't.

Think about it,... statistically, American children would almost be safer under attack by Russians in the Ukraine than living here.  
Admittedly,.. Ukraine is 50M people compared to our 300M, but still...
It's mind numbing.  
We are more comparable to a nation at war than to any other civilized nation.

The right-wing trope is Chicago and it's murder rate despite gun laws.
But,... when you can take a 10 minute bus ride out of town to buy any gun you want, that law has no teeth.
A national problem needs a national solution.
This is why the "Chicago" argument doesn't hold water.
Would a gun ban in Uvalde make any difference?
Of course not.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #43 - 06/04/22 at 14:03:34

Okay.. I get that. So, what is the answer? Some people would agree that the perfect solution is
No guns.
Just as hardening school would send homicidal maniacs toward softer targets, and eliminating certain guns would send them toward different tools to accomplish their twisted goal, eliminating guns would send them toward a different method of murder.
Explosive devices are deadly, too. It's not, IMO, the equipment to murder. It's the twisted heart. A person bent on killing can use a red car and drive through innocent people. Our society has been goin downhill for decades. The Concept of Right and Wrong has been eroded. The sanctity of Life has been diminished. Actual consequences for bad behaviour has been seriously diminished in school. Any teaching that there is such a thing as Right and Wrong has been attacked. It seems like it has all become so subjective.. And standing For Good has come under attack.
And, Row,seriously, the Where were these Children? A 17 year old Child, with his buddies, engaged in a gang fight, is tragic, but it's not exactly the death of an Innocent Child.
Without All the facts, it feels like a statistical attempt to convince people of something that just isn't
As Advertised.
I'm not happy about what you shared, but I'm not about to allow myself to feel the kind of pain that I would if I knew those dead Children were Innocent Children.

It's without seriously important context.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #44 - 06/05/22 at 04:34:36

Serowbot wrote on 06/04/22 at 12:55:51:
Interesting bit of trivia...
In the past 100 days, 262 children have been killed in the Ukraine.
We in the US average 1500 children per year killed by guns.

Ukraine is at war.  Huh

This is why we have that saying that statistics are like a lamp post to a drunk, it’s used more for support than illumination.

I’m sure we’ve had several of those child murders in St. Louis already in the month of June. A 17-year-old killed in the middle of a gang gun battle over drug territory is not the same as a child shot sitting in a school room by a deranged mental case. That’s a fact. You have to look at it that way. Mass school shootings are rare, they don’t happen often. That doesn’t excuse anything but it’s reality.

Look at the news about what happened in Philadelphia last night. And tell me gun laws is going to change any of that. Again, there are 3 to 400,000,000 guns in United States. Use some common sense. It used to be of use the gun in a commission of a crime you were totally screwed. Serious prison time. I don’t think we do that anymore.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 13:35:03

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › If guns are no threat

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.