WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: If guns are no threat
Reply #15 - 05/30/22 at 04:44:34

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/29/22 at 11:43:42:
The gauntlet remains on the floor.
Why does the idea of self sufficiency grate so on the left? It's as if helplessness is virtue.

That’s a very good question. It deserves a deeper look.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 05/30/22 at 12:05:52

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/29/22 at 12:55:33:
Do YOU, as an individual, have a right to secure food,water,fuel,store it on YOUR property and prepare for hard times???

If not, you need to ditch your spare tire.

I'm preparing for that fishing trip. Looks like I'm gonna have plenty of crikkets

That is my question.

Do you even have a Right to put back necessities just in case they become unavailable or unaffordable?

Or, yeah, you have the Right, but only, heck,idk,paranoid people would do that?
Just explain how it is,, Cuz I'm not getting it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 05/30/22 at 12:29:56

I think the difference is extreme cases.  Like people that coupon.

There's using coupons and there's buying 130 bottles of mustard so you can get one free.  Nobody really cares until they start advertising how they got free mustard.  

"Do you even have a Right to put back necessities just in case they become unavailable or unaffordable?"

I wouldn't say its a "right" as procurement and storage of goods isn't Constitutionally protected.  There are however laws and amendments that disallow illegal seizure of personal property.

Paranoid is a matter of opinion, so that depends entirely on who you are talking to.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #18 - 05/30/22 at 13:11:05

wouldn't say its a "right" as procurement and storage of goods isn't Constitutionally protected.

So, you're saying No?
You believe that everything that is Not stated and enumerated in the constitution is just a privilege, subject to change?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 05/30/22 at 14:58:30

"So, you're saying No?"

Yes, I am saying I am unaware of anything in the US Constitution that specifically guarantees we can obtain items.

I feel that instead of writing in protections for all things we can have they instead limited the ability for the Government to take things away.  Thus the Due Process Clauses in the 5th and 14th Amendments.  These due process doctrines were most recognized when enforced in Lochner v. New York in 1905.

It's like the difference between having laws that show every item you can ever haul in your truck, updating it annually for every new thing that could ever be in a truck, versus just making a law that the authorities can't just take your personal property for no reason.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #20 - 05/31/22 at 15:03:13

It's scary that you seem to have connections in government.
We are not under Napoleonic law. Our constitution is not designed to limit the people. It's limitation on government. How can anyone believe that a free citizen does Not have the Right to purchase From the grocery store?
Come on,, tell us exactly how the government has a right to take my store of food.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #21 - 05/31/22 at 17:34:22

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/31/22 at 15:03:13:
"... tell us exactly how the government has a right to take my store of food.

One form is called 'eminent domain', it is usually used to, 'widen a road', 'increase the town size', 'put in a water-tower', etc/.etc/etc. The owner is offered a compromise for the property at issue.

YET it can be used for ANYTHING !

How much that property is worth depends on many factors.
And the Government authority will Hugely, 'LO BALL' the value.
While the owner will Hugely, 'HI BALL', the value.

Now comes the FUN.
The GOVERNMENT will Lie, Threaten, and just plain make $hit up.
MOST people, will succumb,
and the, 'government entity', wins their, 'Low Ball'.

In A few cases, the 'government', is told, in no uncertain terms, they can NOT do what they are doing, and then the settlement is for a FAIR price.

That is how the, 'government' can take anything they want.,
It is MOSTLY, Land, or rights.
Yet it Can Be, anything !

Golly gee Wally,
Can anyone say the 2nd Amendment ?

Oh Yea, that right,
they were not slapped on a Airplane.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #22 - 05/31/22 at 18:53:09

Whatever Duude,, I hope they don't expect to see me help load my nuts on the truck.
Actually, there are a few scenarios where I Would help them load. If our people were fighting For the American people, yeah,, but the odds of that sure look slim. America WAS energy independent,, but someone sure took care of That.. Our economy was okay,, and without the Horrific overblown response to covid, we would still be okay, not great, but okay. Well, had the America hating turd in DC not screwed us.
America First got tossed out.
And I am Glad I lived to see one president who actually did it right.
Too bad he surrounded himself with the same kindsa creeps who have been ruining the country for decades.
Just so I'm not misunderstood

Screw lefties

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 05/31/22 at 20:53:02

How can anyone believe that a free citizen does Not have the Right to purchase From the grocery store?

Point out to me where in the US Constitution the procurement of goods is actually a "right".

Come on,, tell us exactly how the government has a right to take my store of food.

I didn't say they had the right to take your food, I said the exact opposite of that.

Instead of the Government creating a method to define all forms of personal property they instead limited their own ability to take it.  What parts of the Constitution and case law that I referenced is incorrect?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #24 - 06/01/22 at 09:07:31

Point out to me where in the US Constitution the procurement of goods is actually a "right".
Are you serious?
You have so little grasp of reality that you would pretend that unless something is enumerated in the constitution it's NOT your Right?
You know about Napoleonic law, right?
That is how it works. You are TOLD you have a Right, or you Don't.
If you think the constitution must State that you have a Right to engage in commerce and prepare yourself and family r you Don't have a right to do it, I want you as far from the levers of government as possible. You are dangerous.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 06/01/22 at 10:25:52

"Are you serious?
You have so little grasp of reality that you would pretend that unless something is enumerated in the constitution it's NOT your Right?"

What I am saying, using the actual US Constitution for reference - is that our "rights" to property are managed in the US Constitution by means of restricting the Governments ability to take it.

"You know about Napoleonic law, right?"

I know its called Napoleonic Code and is only directly used in Louisiana and that discrepancies in jurisprudence don’t amount to huge differences in implementation.  It is a similar system to the more directly coded "Civil law" used in the rest of the US.

"If you think the constitution must State that you have a Right to engage in commerce and prepare yourself and family r you Don't have a right to do it, I want you as far from the levers of government as possible. You are dangerous."

I never said that.  Thus is you over-reacting as usual to someone not directly agreeing with everything you say.  I said the US Constitution addresses property rights from a different perspective.  I use actual US Constitution as reference, not things I am TOLD by whoever already agrees with me.  I said "obtain items" specific to having a "right".  I don't see that in the Constitution as personal property is protected from another angle.  

MnSpring addresses this and you are cool with it, but if I say it you get all worked up.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/fifth_amendment

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/eminent_domain

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/takings

What parts of the Constitution and case law that I referenced is incorrect?  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #26 - 06/01/22 at 12:57:53

And you actually Believe you are not creating a situation that limits open conversation.
You are playing word games that create an inability to have a Normal Conversation. You are ALONE in your ability to understand the Topic. STOPPIT.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 06/01/22 at 13:06:25

"And you actually Believe you are not creating a situation that limits open conversation."

I am not limiting a single thing you or anyone else says.

What part of me thinking the US Constitution limits the Governments ability to take our personal property "limits" a conversation on that topic?

If you don't agree then don't agree.  I referenced the US Constitution and case law to support my opinion, so there's my opinion.  No part of my opinion is personal, or limiting to any of you.

You asked:

"Do you even have a Right to put back necessities just in case they become unavailable or unaffordable?"

I offered my opinion and now you want to complain about it.  Don't ask if you don't want opinions.  What it seems is you want people to agree and support, not offer their actual thoughts.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #28 - 06/01/22 at 13:16:12

Duude! You Totally Got me!!
You are so correct! I'm never going to get over your lesson!
Ohh,thank You!!

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 06/01/22 at 13:48:40

Here's how I came to my conclusion on property rights in the US.  Why you take this personal I have no idea.

First we have successfully stopped 3 attempts to take privately owned property in Colorado known as the Pinon canyon expansion.  I have mentioned this multiple times on this forum.  This required a lot of legal study involving but limited to Constitutional Law.  

https://www.westword.com/news/army-abandons-pinon-canyon-expansion-plans-5884608

https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/hr16-1007

I spent a few years attending things like the Global Constitutionalism Seminar (the mid 2000s ones) among Yale Law School programs with assistance from associates.  I still work with one of the guys that runs the National Conference of Constitutional Law Scholars.  No YouTube, no Facebook, no GatewayPundit just actual law study with actual legal teams.

We found the best way to stop eminent domain from applying to the Pentagon's national security arguments was to diminish the ability for the Government to fund an expansion.  It took a long time, it took a ton of research into case law and how the US Constitution protects US property, and it worked.

We won.  So maybe there is substance to accurate interpretation of "rights" and how they apply to the 5th and other Amendments since that is after all what we used to win an actual legal battle against the US Government.

Off the top of my head I can cite at least 9 cases where property "rights" were addressed by the Supreme Court.  Real cases, not imaginary events.  So you asked for my opinion and I can detail line by line each case and how those SCOTUS decisions influence my opinion - that you asked for.

I would say we have the "freedom" to purchase goods, and the "right" to not have it taken away without due process of law.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 13:34:56

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › If guns are no threat

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.