Tank finally painted (Read 57 times)
SoC
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Jersey
Tank finally painted
05/26/22 at 21:19:58

So I removed tank from my '03' Savage and took it to local body shop/motorcycle painter. They told me that, yes, the Savage decal is clear coated to tank. They also informed me that removal involves carefully sanding decal with 400 grit sand paper until it turns "white". That has removed all the clearcoat and the heat from such has softened the decal enough for easier peel off removal. Anyway, they did a great job at matching the factory paint color and results are such.

At this point work to it has replacement Highway Hawk window drag bars, teardrop mirrors, Cobra tri-bar, tear-drop headlight. Black ceramic coated header with VooDoo slash cut exhaust with a 3/4 down turn with 2 additional baffles and stainless mounting bracket.  Updated S40 teardrop turn signals. Brown leather, diamond stitched upholstery. And additional decals and trim.

Just installed the Versy head plug and did a valve adjust while it was apart. Also checked through all the connections under tank. Knocked off about 110 miles last couple days going to and from shop and to a local bike night yesterday, hopefully it is ready for summer. It has moved out of rack, so now the Fury moves in for a new high flow air intake and some cosmetic changes and additions.

IMG_8721.jpg
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Tank finally painted
Reply #1 - 05/28/22 at 09:05:14

Nice... pretty color.  I can't decide if it's blue or green but I like it. Cool

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 05/28/22 at 09:57:02

Some of us, trapped in a moment of ambiguity and indecision, unable to definitively identify a color, have resorted to saying something that may be a bit ambiguous, but still as accurately descriptive as we can muster. Blue-Green.
And yeah, it's a good looking paint job, whatever it is.
Better get the recipe from the painter, so if you have to fix something you can get a decent match.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #3 - 05/28/22 at 20:33:10

Nice!

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
wheelbender6

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 05/30/22 at 07:01:27

Cool. Where did you find the Highway bar on the downtube? Is it generic?

IP Logged
SoC
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Jersey
Reply #5 - 06/01/22 at 20:26:25

Wheelbender, that is an OEM crashbar. Not so protective, but better then nothing. They are an aftermarket deal, and pricey for what they are. They do flow well with lines though. Have one on both my LS650/S40's, included a picture of my 2011 S40 with same bar.

IMG_8529.jpg
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 20:12:12

General CategoryThe Cafe › Tank finally painted

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.