MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Re: More guns
Reply #45 - 05/28/22 at 19:22:47

Eegore wrote on 05/28/22 at 19:12:51:
"... I get cut off in traffic I can learn from that, so the guy that cut me off is "teaching" me how to drive. ..."

I see,
so  someone cutting you off in traffic,
is teaching, you !

Answer the question;
When IS, running drills, Teaching ?

As You Said !
“… Assembling and running drills is not always teaching…”

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #46 - 05/28/22 at 23:51:50

Answer the question;
When IS, running drills, Teaching ?

I could answer it like you answer things:

Good question !
You want an answer.
I would like an answer to this;

Then ask my own question expecting an answer while refusing to provide one.

So is the guy cutting me off a driving instructor?  Is he training me how to drive?

You state:

"I believe, if you actually 'train' people how to shoot."

Placing this in context of being able to impact a structure they are inside of, this implies that I "train" people how to accurately shoot a firearm.  I never said I "train" people "how to shoot".  You claim I did.

Running drills is running drills.  Teaching/training is for instructors of the specific topic the drill is designed for.  Some drills are for group management, some for accuracy,  some for assessment in sleep deprivation, some for communication, some for adrenal stress management.  It is "training" but not specific to "shooting guns" and "shooting guns" with the intent of having accuracy.

What part of any of that means I am "training" specifically how to "shoot" guns?  None of it.  Some of the drills are for competency evaluation, some are training and by definition some training is teaching.

I never said I "train" anyone "how to shoot" as you put it.  I never said that.  You are applying it in context of firearm education specific to shooting and with accuracy, which I do not do, nor have I ever claimed to do.

If a guy goes and sets up cones for a driving course, but does not show people how to drive, is he "Training" someone "how to drive"?  Or is he setting up cones for a driving exercise?

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #47 - 05/29/22 at 09:36:38

Eegore wrote on 05/28/22 at 23:51:50:
"...  Teaching/training is for instructors of the specific topic the drill is designed for.  Some drills are for group management, some for accuracy,  some for assessment in sleep deprivation, some for communication, some for adrenal stress management.  It is "training" but not specific to "shooting guns" and "shooting guns" with the intent of having accuracy. ..."

So that's your answer ?

OK, Got it !

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #48 - 05/29/22 at 11:36:42

I'm confused,,
Why is it so important that the people who are trying to not get shot by a bad guy have certain training and time on the range? Yeah, the defender MIGHT accidentally shoot a kid,you know, one of the kids the bad guy IS GOING TO KILL,if he's Not stopped. How much training has the bad guy had? Nobody is pretending that teachers armed will be The Perfect answer. No more than the seatbelt or helmet is a guarantee of walking away from an accident..
It just beats the Schitt outta not being able to TRY to protect yourself.

You will not Stop mass murderers from going into society and wreaking havoc,
Though we Did get to watch the people who Don't Like our ideas tell us that a SIGN posted around schools would fix it. How many people are dead because you demanded THAT? Now, STFU,let the adults run it.
Arm the TEACHERS..
Don't tell me it won't work.. We told you your stupid signs wouldn't. You wouldn't listen. You people don't have a clue about reality.
Make it Dangerous for the bad guys. Not a frikkin free shoot zone..
You do know that is what your grand idea created, right? Why would any intent on Murder and causing as much pain in society Go ANYWHERE ELSE, than a school, protected by a Stupid SIGN?
Lefties BUILT this, by diminishing society, driving real discipline out,rewarding bad behavior, and creating the space for them to do their deed,in safety.
Arm
The
Teachers

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #49 - 05/29/22 at 12:03:25

"So that's your answer ?

OK, Got it !"

My answer is I never said I "train" people how to "shoot guns".  You imply I said I train people to shoot guns specific to firearm accuracy.  I never said anything like that.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #50 - 05/29/22 at 12:08:20

"I'm confused,,
Why is it so important that the people who are trying to not get shot by a bad guy have certain training and time on the range? Yeah, the defender MIGHT accidentally shoot a kid,you know, one of the kids the bad guy IS GOING TO KILL,if he's Not stopped. How much training has the bad guy had? Nobody is pretending that teachers armed will be The Perfect answer. No more than the seatbelt or helmet is a guarantee of walking away from an accident..
It just beats the Schitt outta not being able to TRY to protect yourself."

It's important because of things like parents suing or the DA prosecuting the teacher that shot their kid.  Yes it's litigious, but it's a concern.  By being armed becoming the "choice" of that teacher they assume the criminally negligent homicide responsibility.  That's just one of multiple arguments.  But the challenge of having nothing is also a strong argument.

"You do know that is what your grand idea created, right? Why would any intent on Murder and causing as much pain in society Go ANYWHERE ELSE, than a school, protected by a Stupid SIGN?"

I never understood what those were supposed to achieve either.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #51 - 05/29/22 at 13:02:31

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/29/22 at 11:36:42:
Arm the TEACHERS..
Don't tell me it won't work.. We told you your stupid signs wouldn't. You wouldn't listen. You people don't have a clue about reality.
Make it Dangerous for the bad guys. Not a frikkin free shoot zone..
You do know that is what your grand idea created, right? Why would any intent on Murder and causing as much pain in society Go ANYWHERE ELSE, than a school, protected by a Stupid SIGN?
Lefties BUILT this, by diminishing society, driving real discipline out,rewarding bad behavior, and creating the space for them to do their deed,in safety.
Arm
The
Teachers

Does it matter to you what the teachers want?
95% don't like or want anything to do with guns.
They won't feel safer with one.
..and they know they are statistically more likely to harm one of their children than save them.
Forcing guns on them will only cause more deaths.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #52 - 05/29/22 at 16:23:10

You fukkin moron.
How many times do I have to say

Those who are willing?
You actually want to Pretend I'm suggesting

Forcing
Someone to carry?

Bullshit,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #53 - 05/29/22 at 16:41:20

Take a pill man

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #54 - 05/29/22 at 18:40:41

No.
You made statements
I called you on them
You can defend your position or go down in flames
I'm not wasting my extinguisher on a lefty
Step up

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #55 - 05/29/22 at 18:52:44

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/29/22 at 18:40:41:
"... I'm not wasting my extinguisher on a lefty..."

Wouldn't that be a
Ultra Extreme Lefty !!!!!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #56 - 05/29/22 at 22:37:26

they are statistically more likely to harm one of their children than save them.
Forcing guns on them will only cause more deaths.

Kinda difficult to Do that
In a room with a MURDERER INTENT ON KILLING EVERYONE..
Do you even think about how stupid the crap is that you say?

Even IF teach kills A Coupla kids,,it's Better than what the bad guy is doing.
Spout numbers,, I seriously don't care. Nor do I believe your numbers. It doesn't matter if you are correct.
Run down and ask them in that town if they would rather be able to carry,Today..

I'm curious. I wonder how Stewpid someone would have to be to choose to be vulnerable instead of able to fight for their life.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #57 - 05/29/22 at 22:50:27

"Even IF teach kills A Coupla kids,,it's Better than what the bad guy is doing."

This is statistically accurate.

Most teachers typically would rather there be a security detail or Resource Officer, but this adds cost, and there isn't enough tax dollars, collected now, to truly secure schools from this type of harm. Just building armored school buses would cost billions.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #58 - 05/30/22 at 04:29:08

pg wrote on 05/28/22 at 15:56:04:
WebsterMark wrote on 05/28/22 at 05:22:36:
Is a Rugar Mini14 an AR-15 style gun?

The mini 14 is a scaled down version of an m14 that is chambered in 5.56.  It is a much different weapon compared to the AR platform.  The mini uses a long piston as opposed to direct impingement that the ar uses.  This affects the harmonics of the barrel when fired which in turns affects the accuracy.  The mini does not have the aftermarket offerings and nearly everything for it is proprietary.  The mini is offered in wood stocks and does not look as threatening; regardless, they both are extremely reliable and capable.

Best regards,

I’m very familiar with Mini14s. My point was an AR stale ban is based on scary looking guns. Any semi auto could do tremendous damage in the hands of a nut. Just like a car at a Christmas parade.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #59 - 05/30/22 at 04:33:20

Again, take the 40 billion we were gonna send to Biden’s money laundering nation and start upgrades to schools. Seems like a good start and can’t see anyone objecting…..

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/07/24 at 13:32:42

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › More guns

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.